Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

OKC Thunder on the verge of first NBA finals

Indiogene

http://msn.foxsports...-finals-108-103

The Oklahoma City Thunder is a game away from their first appearance in the NBA finals while they seek victory in game 6 against the topseed San Antonio Spurs in the NBA western conference finals. After 4 seasons in Oklahoma (City) the former Seattle Supersonics made themselves well known last year when they lost the 2011 conference final game, but they never quit and Oklahomans take pride in having their currently only or first major league sports team in their state. I have family of Mom's side in Tulsa, also the home of the WNBA Tulsa Shock as the summertime pro basketball option, as well their strong support of NCAA college sports made the sooner state filled with such enthuasism for the Thunder. They await the winner of the eastern conference finals: either the Miami Heat (they lost last year's NBA finals to the Dallas Mavericks) or the Boston Celtics (the leading NBA title champion of all time), but you know the Thunder wants to carry the NBA finals trophy instead of their opponent.

Edited by Mike the Autist-ic

I live here in OKC and the fans are absolutely crazy about this team... I have to admit that when the team moved here, I thought it would have pretty good attendance for a year maybe, then basically empty stadiums...

The Thunder have sold out every home game this season - one of a very few pro teams that can make that claim...

I am not a Basketball fan, but I am quite pleased with the team and the fan base...

It was kind of funny a few days ago when "Lil Wayne" the rapper (?) was complaining that he had been refused entrance into the first Oklahoma City game of the series with the San Antonio Spurs... The team spokesperson said "We would love to have him there at the game... but he needs to buy a ticket like everyone else." he wanted free courtside seats... :lol:

Edited by Taun

Screw you! Love Seattle.

Ummm.... okay...

Just don't ask him how he feels about Howard Schultz. We'll never hear the end of it. LOL, Love Seattle Coffee Lover. :P

MMw, the Sacramento Kings should move to Seattle to fill the void, because a loyal Seattle resident dares to root for the Portland Trail Blazers (LOL!) for obvious reasons. :whistle:

This is great news, being an OKC supporter!

And no I haven't jumped on the bandwagon, I started supporting them in 2009.

The Thunder have done much better than I had hoped this season...

Win or lose in the championship series, I am proud of them...

The Thunder play against the Miami Heat in the 2012 NBA finals, the second straight appearance for the Heat whom lost to the Dallas Mavericks last year. How would the Heat learned from their mistakes while the Thunder get past the Heat...stay tuned. It's gonna be good...and after 4 years in Oklahoma, the Thunder fan base are highly proud of them.

• Like 2

I hope the Thunder will win the Championship. I mean what a team, perhaps the most talented roster in the West.

And I hate the Heat. :devil:

Go Thunder !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

As far as sports go here in Oklahoma there have been essentially two teams - both college football (American football - not soccer)... The University of Oklahoma (OU Sooners) and Oklahoma State University (OSU Cowboys)... It is an often bitter rivalry and two fan bases that, while we don't get violent, we really don't mix well...

It's really odd to see both fan bases rally around the Thunder, and actually get along together (so long as we are in Thunder Blue)...

Edited by Taun

• 4 weeks later...

The Thunder didn't win after all :no: and like the Utah Jazz in their back to back loss to the Chicago Bulls in the late 1990s, a sorry sight for a smaller sports market. :cry: All I know is Oklahomans are loud and proud to have their home team manage to reach the point of contender. More power to you, OKC Thunder! :tsu: western conference champs.