Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sexuality

ZaraKitty

Why is that when I openly tell people I'm bisexual, I get disgusting looks and told I'm going to suffer until the end of time. Then, on top of that, I am an agnostic/athiest (I don't believe but I lean more towards the possibility rather then the skeptical and am open minded) people start jumping up and down as if I am the embodiment of their devil. Why does this barbaric practice of treating others different because of their beliefs still happen? I don't laugh in some kids face because they believe in Santa, I don't interrupt anybodies prayers because they mean nothing to me. Why can't I get the same respect I give? Is this ever going to change?

P.s I don't sacrifice babies if anybody was wondering..

pp.s I can't help but lol at black people trying to tell gays not to marry, when they themselves had no right to vote not even a hundred years ago, they are protesting just as the whites did.

pps. Enjoy the picture. :)

post-126933-0-96373400-1338963591_thumb.

• Like 3

Luckily we are vexing a more tolerant society. Each new generation understands more and excepts more. You see people are afraid to be OK with others. I'm Buddhist by philosophy ... Christians tell meeting without Christ I will go to hell. I figure I'm going to live a good life and be the best person I can be regardless of how others view me. So saying that I should be tolerant of their beliefs and know that no matter how much they believe something that it shouldn't effect me. So if they say your going to hell say thank you for sharing your opinion and move on.

I guess to sum it up. Your beliefs are your own as theirs is there own and if you wish to be free to believe what you want then they should have that same right. Too bad they seem louder at times but meh what can you do.

And zara I hope you don't let them rent space in your head... your the landlord after all and in the end it's your choice.

I'm proud of you for being who you are if that means anything to you.

• Like 5

:) that was so amazing to read, thank you for accepting me. It means so much. Your words will defiantly guide me.
  • Like 1

Awe... sorry for all the spelling errors up top... damn autocorrect... LOL

Anyways zara have a good night.

Zara, If it is any consolation, if I was a female, I would be bi-sexual too :)

edit.....oh, and I agree with Aus der Box too :)

Edited by Englishgent

P.s I don't sacrifice babies if anybody was wondering..

All of us agnostics and athiests sacrifice babies - every theist know this! :P

My breakfast this morning is toasted oats with shavings of cured baby* for extra protein. :devil:

*tastes like bacon, but milder.

But seriously, prejudice is, unfortunately, extremely common and can be very hurtful. The best response is to not fall into the trap of responding like for like. Prejudice is a result of fear or some inner conflict, and so treat the prejudiced with compassion for their affliction...

...It'll annoy the hell out of them! :devil:

Oh darn! I must not have got the memo, you must send me some recpiees for cooking babies the right way! xD

hahaha, i've never thought of it like that :D did you get this from observation alone? Or a study?

Oh darn! I must not have got the memo, you must send me some recpiees for cooking babies the right way! xD

hahaha, i've never thought of it like that :D did you get this from observation alone? Or a study?

Was it a bad experience that made you bi?

Dont you want children etc?

I am a lesbian and a witch, so when you figure out the answer let me know, because they hate me just as much as they hate you.

EXCUSE ME?!?!

Being Bi doesn't mean that you can't have children...

Both my partner and I are Bi, and we're raising my partner's two beautiful children.

To Zara,

Honey, be proud of who and what you are...

Everyone has the right to be...

• Like 3

sexuality is no choice, i was born like this. It wasn't a bad experience.

Thank you all for your kind words :)

• Like 1

EXCUSE ME?!?!

Being Bi doesn't mean that you can't have children...

Both my partner and I are Bi, and we're raising my partner's two beautiful children.

To Zara,

Honey, be proud of who and what you are...

Everyone has the right to be...

Over reaction?

Logic dictates that if she wants her own kid she needs a man, artificial insemination or a willing participent. Dont you want your own kid as in own flesh and blood?

I've never had the need to tell anyone about my sexuality. Please enlighten me, do some members of the LGTB community freely admit and overtly advertise their sexuality in order to elicit some sort of response? (I refer in part, to so-called 'Gay Pride' festivals etc.

PS - This is a genuine question - not a homophobic one.

• Like 3

Personally, I haven't the foggiest why people get so flaked out over other peoples sexuality. I don't. I figure the only person I'm sexually into is my husband, so I don't really think about the sexuality of others too much. I fail to understand why I should care if someone is gay or bi when I don't really care if someone is straight.

Same goes for when someone says they are an atheist or agnostic. There are many beliefs in the world, and in a way they are all right. So long as a person does not use their beliefs to hurt people or cram their beliefs down peoples throats (mine in particular, lol) I don't care what people choose to believe.

Personally, I think the world would be a sucky boring place if everyone was the same.

Over reaction?

Logic dictates that if she wants her own kid she needs a man, artificial insemination or a willing participent. Dont you want your own kid as in own flesh and blood?

I fail to see your point. I'm straight and don't want to have children, why would it be absurd if I were gay and wanted children? There's a big difference between wanting something and actually getting it...and in this case, the idea of having children can't be stronger than sexuality, it's far more logical to find a way around the problem and go for adoption or something else. The relationship between parents and their children goes far beyond being "own flesh and blood".

@Zara - I'm straight and a lot of people would still give me hell if I opened my mouth about my beliefs. I think you just have to understand that your life is your business and people can still give you their opinion, but they're hardly in position to tell you what's right or wrong. You're the one who makes the choices, you deal with the consequences. If someone tells you you'll go to a hell you don't even believe in, the least annoying thing to do is to completely ignore them. If someone said that to you, it's because they won't change their minds that easily. What matters is that you are satisfied with who you are.

• Like 2

Why do you "openly tell people I'm bisexual" ?

Doubles her chances!

• Like 7

Why do you "openly tell people I'm bisexual" ?

That's kind of what I was wondering. It's sort of like telling people you are religious or an Atheist...it's really none of their business and normally doesn't come up in general conversation.

That's kind of what I was wondering. It's sort of like telling people you are religious or an Atheist...it's really none of their business and normally doesn't come up in general conversation.

I was thinking, "Hi, i'm heterosexual prefer women with big breast but otherwise not to fussy, can i have fries with that"

• Like 2

I was thinking, "Hi, i'm heterosexual prefer women with big breast but otherwise not to fussy, can i have fries with that"

Is this what is known as speeding dating?

• Like 1

Over reaction?

There seems a misunderstanding...

Do you know the difference between HETEROSEXUAL, HOMOSEXUAL and BISEXUAL ?

Edited by Pookie666

Never mind, Mr Right Wing, whatever hurt you are feeling inside we all empathise and understand that is what makes you act badly towards others. How about a big, manly, hug and you can open up and cry...you'll feel better! :yes:

Doubles her chances!

I shouldn't laugh but...ha ha :lol:

Over reaction?

I've never had the need to tell anyone about my sexuality. Please enlighten me, do some members of the LGTB community freely admit and overtly advertise their sexuality in order to elicit some sort of response? (I refer in part, to so-called 'Gay Pride' festivals etc.

PS - This is a genuine question - not a homophobic one.

Logic and love don't mix. Everybody knows that :)

I don't flat out just tell people I'm bisexual, I'll talk about past girlfriends and pretty girls like it's normal in conversation, cause to me it is normal, it's hard to think of it as abnormal so I don't really know what not to say. My dad always accepted me for who I was, so I don't have a bad parental reaction to 'guide' me on societies opinion on my sexuality :)

To clear up a few things, I openly tell people I'm bisexual because I don't feel the need to be ashamed of it, I doesn't come up as "Hey, I'm Zara! i'm a C cup, I love leather and I like titties and peenus!" It's more like "Oh gosh, look at her. Dem legs >.>" I am a bit of a perve, and I'm paraphrasing to get my point across, I don't introduce myself as bisexual, as a 19 year old it sort of just comes up, past loves, past failures, who was there to catch me when I fell. Since I don't mind when somebody is gay or straight I don't understand it to be a problem.

Yes, it doubles my chances. Oh how they double. So much win.