Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sexuality

ZaraKitty

i think lots of straight people imagine homosexuality/bisexuality as just sex, maybe they don't understand that gays and bisexuals can feel amazing love towards someone of the same sex, like how they can love someone the different sex. im not sure if what i just said made any sense at all, but i tried to explain it the best i could. also, i think some heterosexuals (not all) think bisexual means your incapable of being monogamous.

To clear up a few things, I openly tell people I'm bisexual because I don't feel the need to be ashamed of it, I doesn't come up as "Hey, I'm Zara! i'm a C cup, I love leather and I like titties and peenus!" It's more like "Oh gosh, look at her. Dem legs >.>" I am a bit of a perve, and I'm paraphrasing to get my point across, I don't introduce myself as bisexual, as a 19 year old it sort of just comes up, past loves, past failures, who was there to catch me when I fell. Since I don't mind when somebody is gay or straight I don't understand it to be a problem.

Yes, it doubles my chances. Oh how they double. So much win.

GREEDY :lol:

• Like 1

I've never had the need to tell anyone about my sexuality. Please enlighten me, do some members of the LGTB community freely admit and overtly advertise their sexuality in order to elicit some sort of response? (I refer in part, to so-called 'Gay Pride' festivals etc.

PS - This is a genuine question - not a homophobic one.

It's a reasonable question and the answer may have something to do with how different generations view 'privacy', but have you never had a discussion with people regarding sexuality and used your own sexuality to qualify a point you are making?

That is what Zarakitty did in her OP, and people who have responded in this thread with a "ZOMG, why tell people your bisexual?!?!" either didn't read the OP or didn't understand it. If I was to state in a conversation about prejudice "Well, when I tell people I'm agnostic some make a point of berating me for 'sitting on the fence'.", I am using my belief to emphasise a point, just as the OP did.

It is not the same as saying "Hey, look at me everybody I'm AGNOSTIC!!!!"

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 3

Yes, it doubles my chances. Oh how they double. So much win.

See, this is why I say time and time again - Bi Sexual = Greediness nobody's safe lol :P

• Like 2

I just wanted to mention that I don't understand where this thought that those who hold a belief in God feel those who don't equal "baby killers" or even bad people for that matter.

I have a strong belief in God, and I'm openminded about peoples sexual preferences and identification issues as well.

• Like 2

I don't care about someone's sexuality, or whether or not they have religious beliefs. No skin off my nose.

See, this is why I say time and time again - Bi Sexual = Greediness nobody's safe lol :P

It's a reasonable question and the answer may have something to do with how different generations view 'privacy', but have you never had a discussion with people regarding sexuality and used your own sexuality to qualify a point you are making?

That is what Zarakitty did in her OP, and people who have responded in this thread with a "ZOMG, why tell people your bisexual?!?!" either didn't read the OP or didn't understand it. If I was to state in a conversation about prejudice "Well, when I tell people I'm agnostic some make a point of berating me for 'sitting on the fence'.", I am using my belief to emphasise a point, just as the OP did.

It is not the same as saying "Hey, look at me everybody I'm AGNOSTIC!!!!"

i think lots of straight people imagine homosexuality/bisexuality as just sex, maybe they don't understand that gays and bisexuals can feel amazing love towards someone of the same sex, like how they can love someone the different sex. im not sure if what i just said made any sense at all, but i tried to explain it the best i could. also, i think some heterosexuals (not all) think bisexual means your incapable of being monogamous.

GREEDY :lol:

LOL!! Indeed, I am a greedy little thing!! lock up your daughters...and sons.. :P

I understand what you mean about sex and love :) a lot of people don't understand it's the same for us as it is for them :)

• Like 2

Zara,

Like the great philosopher Shane McCutcheon once said:

"Sexuality is fluid, whether you're gay or you're straight or you're bisexual, you just go with the flow."

:tu:

• Like 3

Zara,

Like the great philosopher Shane McCutcheon once said:

"Sexuality is fluid, whether you're gay or you're straight or you're bisexual, you just go with the flow."

:tu:

like it :lol:

• Like 1

Personally I cannot understand why people feel the need to judge others. What someone is sexually or what they believe has nothing to do with what kind of person they are. I have family who are bisexual and I have told them I don't care what their sexual preferences are at the end of the day they'll still be apart of my family and I will still love them. All I want is for them to be happy and whatever they do stay safe. I am a Christian however I do not believe in trying to make others believe what I do. :)

• Like 4

I find that sexuality is a lot less complicated than advertised. you're attracted to whatever/whoever you're attracted to - simple as that

• Like 1

I agree,

it' seems to be about the rate of returns....What I mean is that If anyone goes about life shouting/declaring one thing or any other, you'll come across opposition somewheres along the line. Be it your Footy team, origami class, crochet crafting, vegetarianism, Clothing styles, sexuality... Anything.

You name it, some tw** is going to give you Sh** about it at some point.

I used to argue the toss, thinking it was my duty to put them straight...Ha! no pun intended..... but it only works with the open. Now I have come to understand, some people just got to hate on others and will use any excuse to do so.

This problem isn't yours, don't take it on.

Yet understand, you can not change anyone else's mind. Only they can.

If they are open to hearing, then great, enjoy but it's really not about you...... Its about them. Their hang ups, ignorances and prejudices. Not yours.

I hope that helps and i wish you all the best.

• Like 1

It's been so long since I was single I didn't think about it from that point of view. I guess it would be a lot easier to get a date if someone knows your sexual orientation, ZaraKitty. :lol:

I personally don't care what sex someone is, where they are from, what they beleive, like and dislike. As long as the person has good morals, is polite, respectful to others and doesn't do anything to harm anyone else then I really don't care.

I would like everyone to be like that to be honest, but some people jsut aren't.

Even if you disagree with what someone else beleives or does you shouldn't hate them for it and you certianly should not try to forcefully to change them. Nobody has the right to force others to beleive or think like them.

Haha, so true.

Doubles her chances!

Haha, well played.

• Like 2

OP, I've heard Australia is pretty religious and sexually conservative.

Where I live people are pretty chill with sexuality and attraction and I've never seen anyone react negatively towards someone identifying as bi. In fact, bisexuality is so common here, it makes me wonder if most people have the capacity to be attracted to their own sex, just that some have never entertained the thought. Whenever there's a political debate on TV, if Knut Arild Hareide is in it, I always point out that "he's so adorable", the only response i ever get is "yeah, I know".

• Like 1

It's been so long since I was single I didn't think about it from that point of view. I guess it would be a lot easier to get a date if someone knows your sexual orientation, ZaraKitty. :lol:

Hahah oh yes, I used to wait and wait for a pretty lady to come and ask me to a date, but then I realized nobody knew! But I got myself out there :D

OP, I've heard Australia is pretty religious and sexually conservative.

Where I live people are pretty chill with sexuality and attraction and I've never seen anyone react negatively towards someone identifying as bi. In fact, bisexuality is so common here, it makes me wonder if most people have the capacity to be attracted to their own sex, just that some have never entertained the thought. Whenever there's a political debate on TV, if Knut Arild Hareide is in it, I always point out that "he's so adorable", the only response i ever get is "yeah, I know".

It's multicultural, and the people from other cultures strongly think I'm the devil. I went a multicultural school, and being bisexual or gay meant getting bashed or bullied.

ahahh.. where do you live? I'll have to come visit >.< that man is indeed attractive, and the whole area knows! LOL

It's multicultural, and the people from other cultures strongly think I'm the devil. I went a multicultural school, and being bisexual or gay meant getting bashed or bullied.

It is unfortunate that you and others get bullied and shunned for such things, but in the same way you don't care to have preconceived notions made about you based on your sexuality, you should try not to do the same thing to others based on their culture, religious beliefs, or any other thing.

I can understand having a general preconceived notion about some groups, but it's important to remember that groups are composed of individuals, and as individuals we all have our own unique thoughts, beliefs, and views on things.

I mentioned earlier that I believe in God, but I certainly don't label those who hold other religious beliefs (or none at all) as "devil worshipers," "baby killers," or "evil." I don't think badly of homosexuals, bisexuals, or transgendered people either.

I form my truest thoughts about others based on my interactions with them as individuals.

• Like 3

I've never had the need to tell anyone about my sexuality. Please enlighten me, do some members of the LGTB community freely admit and overtly advertise their sexuality in order to elicit some sort of response? (I refer in part, to so-called 'Gay Pride' festivals etc.

PS - This is a genuine question - not a homophobic one.

This.

I would consider myself straight but for one same sex interlude years ago. I don't feel the need to state my sexual preferences to anyone and think a degree of discretion is best most of the time, but then I'm a private person by nature. With age, comes the need to not have to explain yourself.

You have nothing to fear as long as your a good person.

• Like 1

i dont see why people care what sexuality others are (unless you are interested in dating them and want to know whether they would be interested). some people get way too annoyed over things about people that is none of their business, like who other people fall in love with or what they do in the bedroom. im sure gay/bisexual people dont care what the homophobic people get up to in bed, so why do they care about what gay people do?

In some parts of the world they do not like same sex marriage or lifestyle and sometimes can be bad and they see those people as devil worshippers, even bi people

Why is that when I openly tell people I'm bisexual, I get disgusting looks and told I'm going to suffer until the end of time.

Most of my friends know I'm bi. Actually, my real friends know I'm bi and some other people do, too. The biggest problems I've had attitude-wise come from the boyfriends and husbands of my close female friends. They've often ended up getting weird around me, sometimes even a little mean. It took forever to figure out that, even though I don't bonk their ladies, I am both temptation and threat.

Oftentimes the first thing they'll say right off the bat is that it's okay with them as long as they can watch or join. I tell them my sexuality is about me, not them. (And if I have to say that to a guy I'm dating, there won't be a next date). So for the boyfriends and husbands, it seems they're turned on by the thought of me being with their ladies, and p***ed because I might go for it and they won't get invited. Then I have to have their ladies explain to them that if I were going to go for it, I would have done it before we actually became close friends. Ugh, maybe I should just keep my mouth shut, but why should I? My sexuality is a part of who I am, and my real friends know who I am.

Zara, this is what I envy about your generation, that there's so much openness about bisexuality. I didn't talk about it for most of my life because I felt guilty, and telling someone was a huge risk. And for bi's, what was the point in taking a risk? We had everything to lose and, unlike gays and lesbians, nothing significant to gain - with the exception of the bi's who can nest with either gender because that's how they're programmed. Me, I don't nest with girls, it's not how I'm programmed, so the only reason I used to have for telling someone was if I was hoping to get in a girl's panties, ergo The Risk.

As far as your religious beliefs go, well...if I were ever forced to have a baby I would only keep it if it were a ginger, otherwise I'd let you eat it.

So you only tell certain people? Doesn't it feel bad to hide who you are? Or to just not be accepted for you who are?

As for the watching or joining thing, I find that disgusting and perverted. It makes me uncomfortable, I don't want to be on show and I'm not here for entertainment. How did you react to such a request?

As with the openness comes a lot of negative criticism usually indoctrinated in to religious children, much like the ones I grew up with. Hit up a gay club, it's a wicked experience if you're looking for ladies just for fun. Everyone who walks through the door is 'expected' to be gay or bi, the gays guys call you beautiful and compliment what you're wearing and the girls perve and you perve back ;) and from there it's up to you! fyi, you're never too old.

LOL! Darn.. love me some ginger kids.

Why is that when I openly tell people I'm bisexual, I get disgusting looks and told I'm going to suffer until the end of time. Then, on top of that, I am an agnostic/athiest (I don't believe but I lean more towards the possibility rather then the skeptical and am open minded) people start jumping up and down as if I am the embodiment of their devil. Why does this barbaric practice of treating others different because of their beliefs still happen? I don't laugh in some kids face because they believe in Santa, I don't interrupt anybodies prayers because they mean nothing to me. Why can't I get the same respect I give? Is this ever going to change?

P.s I don't sacrifice babies if anybody was wondering..

pp.s I can't help but lol at black people trying to tell gays not to marry, when they themselves had no right to vote not even a hundred years ago, they are protesting just as the whites did.

pps. Enjoy the picture. :)

I do think I get an idea of what your saying. I know it has nothing to do with our sexuality but we are still ostracized. My man and I are, eccentric, you could say. We own and drive a hearse (not as a job, it's our own personal car) people call us sick, twisted, etc, and, lol, we have been accused of sacrificing babies. Just because we drive a hearse and wear black. Actually my man works in a factory 5 sometimes 6 days a week, and I love to cook and do the house wife bit. But because of what people see, they don't want to give us the time of day. Sadly there are a lot of, well, to put it politely uninformed idio, (Oops sorry if I offended anybody lol), people in the world.

But dont worry, there are good ones to. We have found some. :wub: and I'm sure you have found some to. If not you will. :wub:

Most of my friends know I'm bi. Actually, my real friends know I'm bi and some other people do, too. The biggest problems I've had attitude-wise come from the boyfriends and husbands of my close female friends. They've often ended up getting weird around me, sometimes even a little mean. It took forever to figure out that, even though I don't bonk their ladies, I am both temptation and threat.

Oftentimes the first thing they'll say right off the bat is that it's okay with them as long as they can watch or join. I tell them my sexuality is about me, not them. (And if I have to say that to a guy I'm dating, there won't be a next date). So for the boyfriends and husbands, it seems they're turned on by the thought of me being with their ladies, and p***ed because I might go for it and they won't get invited. Then I have to have their ladies explain to them that if I were going to go for it, I would have done it before we actually became close friends. Ugh, maybe I should just keep my mouth shut, but why should I? My sexuality is a part of who I am, and my real friends know who I am.

Zara, this is what I envy about your generation, that there's so much openness about bisexuality. I didn't talk about it for most of my life because I felt guilty, and telling someone was a huge risk. And for bi's, what was the point in taking a risk? We had everything to lose and, unlike gays and lesbians, nothing significant to gain - with the exception of the bi's who can nest with either gender because that's how they're programmed. Me, I don't nest with girls, it's not how I'm programmed, so the only reason I used to have for telling someone was if I was hoping to get in a girl's panties, ergo The Risk.

As far as your religious beliefs go, well...if I were ever forced to have a baby I would only keep it if it were a ginger, otherwise I'd let you eat it.

I still don't understand why you have to tell people your sexuality?

PS i'm a lesbian stuck in a mans body, can i watch :wub:

No one need to feel left out or accepted by their sexual orientation, its just stupit, if you are a good peron and a good friend what else really matter, i know for sure its not you sex orientation.

If you choose to make a big deal of it then the people will around you will fill like it is.

So what if some conservative people don't like you, you can't be loved by all, the world don't funcion like that, the hell i'm hated by many, really meny people, but i don't give a **** what they think of me. I'm not a gay and I don't aprove of some things, but thats my opinion, and I respect yours and i'll not turn my back on someone becouse of her/his sex orientation, thats just stupid.

My advice is don't care wat people think of you, if you know you are a good person and your friend know you good qualities, you don't need to care what some stranger thinks of you, just smile and give him the finger.

Edited by diablo_04
  • Like 1