Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tantalising Testimony

Your clutching at straws now. I have no doubt that religious hysteria exists along with other rare psychological phenomena. This is not relevant to the UFO phenomena.

It has all to do with it and you are, unfortunately, a prime example.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

The testimony of the dozens and even hundreds of witnesses on this thread now speaks louder than anyones intellectual argument.

As has been mentioned, what about those that speak against? Somehow they carry no weight with you.

As for the cases being already "dealt with":

Consider them re-opened.

Frankly, only in your mind. And speaking of your mind: it is god to have an open mind, but just make sure that you have a good screen so you don't let the bugs in. Somehow I think you forgot to put yours up. When people see planes I tend to edge that way. And did you even look at the explanation for flares that Boony, Peri and others made an extremely good case for?

Cheers,

Badeskov

What did you make of the Trans en Province case? Here we have a skeptic scientist who looked at the evidence and came around to thinking that there is no terrestrial explanation. See if you agree.

What did you make of the Trans en Province case? Here we have a skeptic scientist who looked at the evidence and came around to thinking that there is no terrestrial explanation. See if you agree.

Do you have a link to it (not a video, preferably). I am at work and cannot sit and peruse a video (it would probably be frowned upon :P), but I can read through text and do a search :)

Cheers,

Badeskov

Do you have a link to it (not a video, preferably). I am at work and cannot sit and peruse a video (it would probably be frowned upon :P), but I can read through text and do a search :)

Cheers,

Badeskov

Not sure if this helps but here is the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-en-Provence_Case

Edited by zoser

http://en.wikipedia....n-Provence_Case

Thanks Zoser. I'll search for an article or the like, as I am kinda limited at watching videos at work, I hope you understand :P Otherwise I'll look at the video when I get home :P

Cheers,

Badeskov

Thanks Zoser. I'll search for an article or the like, as I am kinda limited at watching videos at work, I hope you understand :P Otherwise I'll look at the video when I get home :P

Cheers,

Badeskov

No probs. I had the day off today :su

No probs. I had the day off today :su

Lucky you :P

Cheers,

Badeskov

Hey Psyche,

you may enjoy this read:

http://magonia.haaan...2009/fireflies/

cheers

I was always a little skeptical of Magonia magazine, too, and in this story I noticed they omitted some details here and there, such as the fact that Walker had at least two different UFO sightings. They made his sighting sound like "fireflies", which is not really what he described, and they seem to have conflated his two different UFO reports. It was very slickly done and might even be convincing if one didn't follow the whole story carefully.

He was one of the leading test pilots in the country and flew the X-15 24 times, including one flight were he set a world record by flying over 350,000 feet at 4,000 MPH.

Walker, Joseph Albert (1921-1966) American NACA/NASA test pilot 1945-1966. Flew D-558, X-1, X-3, X-4, and X-5, and into space on X-15 Flights 77, 90, and 91. Killed in 1968 when the F-104 he was flying collided with the XB-70 during a photo opportunity.

Born in Washington Pennsylvania; married, four children. Received BA degree in physics in 1942 from Washington and Jefferson College. Joined Army Air Force and flew P-38's in World War II. Joined NACA in March 1945 and served as project pilot on D-558, X-1, X-3, X-4, and X-5 before being assigned chief X-15 pilot for NASA. Obtained both USAF and FAI astronaut wings on record 108 km flight. After X-15 tested LLRV lunar module trainer. Killed when F-104 he was flying in formation with XB-70 number 2 became caught in a vortex, went out of control, colliding with the XB-70 and resulting in the destruction of both aircraft.

Official NASA Biography

Joseph A. Walker was a Chief Research Pilot at the NASA Dryden Flight Research Center during the mid-1960s. He joined the NACA in March 1945, and served as project pilot at the Edwards flight research facility on such pioneering research projects as the D-558-1, D-558-2, X-1, X-3, X-4, X-5, and the X-15. He also flew programs involving the F-100, F-101, F-102, F-104, and the B-47.

Walker made the first NASA X-15 flight on March 25, 1960. He flew the research aircraft 24 times and achieved its fastest speed and highest altitude. He attained a speed of 4,104 mph (Mach 5.92) during a flight on June 27, 1962, and reached an altitude of 354,300 feet on August 22, 1963 (his last X-15 flight).

He was the first man to pilot the Lunar Landing Research Vehicle (LLRV) that was used to develop piloting and operational techniques for lunar landings.

Walker was born February 20, 1921, in Washington, Pa. He lived there until graduating from Washington and Jefferson College in 1942, with a B.A. degree in Physics.

During World War II he flew P-38 fighters for the Air Force, earning the Distinguished Flying Cross and the Air Medal with Seven Oak Clusters.

Walker was the recipient of many awards during his 21 years as a research pilot. These include the 1961 Robert J. Collier Trophy, 1961 Harmon International Trophy for Aviators, the 1961 Kincheloe Award and 1961 Octave Chanute Award. He received an honorary Doctor of Aeronautical Sciences degree from his alma mater in June of 1962. Walker was named Pilot of the Year in 1963 by the National Pilots Association.

He was a charter member of the Society of Experimental Test Pilots, and one of the first to be designated a Fellow. He was fatally injured on June 8, 1966, in a mid-air collision between an F-104 he was piloting and the XB-70.

http://www.astronautix.com/astros/waloseph.htm

Edited by TheMacGuffin

This is the posting from the private party in Colorado Springs that is now trying to sell Joseph Walker's UFO films. I don't know how they were able to claim ownership of them because they were originally government films. Aren't they supposed to be in the public domain and freely available?

X-15 Plane Films Two UFOs: Joseph Walker

We have the 3.5 sec VHS tape of Joseph Walker's X-15 Plane Aft Camera video footage of two disc shaped AKA UFOs flying by Joseph Walker's X-15 Plane.

The tape was received from a women in Denver Colorado May 2009. She claims to be the daughter of a TV producer in Los Angeles who, during 1980, assisted in producing a TV program that aired on KTLA Channel 5 Titled 'UFOs'. At the end of this program was video play of these two disc shaped objects approximately 100 yards from the X-15 Plane. Very close up images of the fly by with earth atmosphere background. The two disc shaped objects appeared to be spinning and banking down toward lower atmosphere and away from the X-15 Plane. Color was metallic. Sun reflections were noticeable and in plane sight. The footage lasted 3.5 sec on edit board. Entry from left screen to right downward and fade to black by original editing producer. The fly by was shown four times, twice in slow motion for viewers.

We were asked to digitize this footage for a fee. Currently, this tape has been put into three media file forms and copied onto several flash drives. All media forms of this footage is privately owned by this women. We have copies under strict agreement not to distribute until the time is right.

The first Youtube video clip addressing his X-15 UFO incident was posted by us in 2009. Two frames flashed our website www.X15ufo.xxx with the time code posted in title line. Something interesting here with viewer stats. In one day, 300 approx view spiked to 1600 views most from Africa?

Since then our video posting has been deleted. Two other Youtubers have posted video and as well as History Channel. In those video clips the footage is absent.

We contact three sources for distribution to public advisement. Mr. Stanton T. Friedman, Colorado HQ M.U.F.O.N. Co-Founder John Schuessler, and S.E.T.I. .org website. Only Mr Friedman responded inquiring about distribution. Our reply is the same today, the owner of the footage and DV media has intentions to sell the property rights.

We are posting this blog to see if anyone else has seen this program in Los Angeles. If so, please contact us at x15ufo.net after Feb 15th 2011.

We are the media crew posting openly to online forums to others who may wish to add more information to this project.

Those disc shaped objects could have been man made using different technology. They were only two and they were not illuminated in any way. We don't know why they were spinning. From the footage, visual was clear and you could see the details on the objects. Size approximate 40-60 ft. in length. 20-30 ft. height.

A Youtube posting is out of the question as the previous test post proved Google people are censoring the topic. Hopefully this will reach someone before this blog gets deleted.

Our recent attempts to contact media included: The Larry King Show, CNN, BBC, and several newspapers in major US cities. We have some interest in connecting with the conspiracy/UFO community. Coast To Coast AM was emailed recently.

We are located in Colorado Springs. A meeting can be scheduled for a private viewing if one of the groups sends a representative to document.

http://x15ufos.blogspot.com/

It's true that YouTube was pulling down some of the videos that had been posted of the X-15 UFOs, allegedly on the grounds of copyright infringement, but like I said, I thought that these films were in the public domain since they originally came from the government. I'm not a lawyer so I don't know how anyone else can be claiming ownership of them now.

Two old ladies from Finland have a very strange story to tell. No country appears to be without this most enigmatic phenomena.

I'm going to try to find out more about this picture.

UFOsOnFilm_page8_small.jpg

An Air Force investigator attempted to duplicate it by hanging a wooden model from a child's swing.

fakeufo.jpg

Two kids later admitted that this was how they faked their own UFO picture. Triangulation proved that the picture was actually of a small model located near the camera. Unfortunately, pictures like this appear on the internet with no mention that they were proven to be fake long go.

http://www.rense.com...al48/tm_feb.htm

Edited by TheMacGuffin

Did it? How many airships of Zeppelin size were flying in the early 1960s, let alone enough of them to be flying about in formation? of course, it may have been Secret military Experiments, of course, that all purpose explanation for everything ... :innocent:

Goodyear was in heavy production of the N Class Blimp classified EX-1C for the Department of Defence in 1962.

Your clutching at straws now. I have no doubt that religious hysteria exists along with other rare psychological phenomena. This is not relevant to the UFO phenomena.

LOL, you are the master straw clutcher.

How is it not relevant?

Try this link

Extreme paranoia at it's finest :D

Edited by psyche101

http://en.wikipedia....n-Provence_Case

From that link:

The French skeptics[6] insist that the GEPAN investigation was flawed, especially the study of the physical trace[7].

The police report said that the trace, which appeared on an active road, looked like one made by the tire of a car. This explanation was dismissed by GEPAN because of the sole witness saying otherwise. The physical trace shown on the picture is not a perfect circle, in fact there are two more-or-less semicircles crossing over each other. Also, a circular shape does not coincide with the description of the UFO made by Mr. Nikolaï. In a recent interview for French television, Mr. Nikolaï confirmed that there were vehicles passing by on the road at the time of the sighting.

The GEPAN came very late on the field, after the French Gendarmerie, other ufologists and curious people, so the physical trace could simply have been altered in it chemical composition by the people walking on it.

Hey Psyche,

you may enjoy this read:

http://magonia.haaan...2009/fireflies/

cheers

Gidday Mate

Cheers for the link, it kinda makes me feel sad for James Oberg. I think this illustrates that strong believer types just want skeptics out of the way, and do their level best to discredit their public standing. The inane crap Jim had to suffer from Rudiak seems unjust to be honest, and I have to wonder what Rudiak (famous for the Ramey memo nonsense in the ever continuing Roswell crap) was trying to accomplish, Jim was right in then end, but what was Rudiak saying the snowflake sized particles were? Nano aliens? With Ice flake Ships? I think Rudiak (and Fleming for that matter) walked out of that one looking a boob.

@ Jim, mate, your patience is yet another reason to admire your work.

Cheers.

Gidday Mate

Cheers for the link, it kinda makes me feel sad for James Oberg. I think this illustrates that strong believer types just want skeptics out of the way, and do their level best to discredit their public standing. The inane crap Jim had to suffer from Rudiak seems unjust to be honest, and I have to wonder what Rudiak (famous for the Ramey memo nonsense in the ever continuing Roswell crap) was trying to accomplish, Jim was right in then end, but what was Rudiak saying the snowflake sized particles were? Nano aliens? With Ice flake Ships? I think Rudiak (and Fleming for that matter) walked out of that one looking a boob.

@ Jim, mate, your patience is yet another reason to admire your work.

Cheers.

I never felt much sympathy for Oberg, but in any event these X-15 sightings were more complicated than described in that particular article. Then again Magonia always had its own agenda as well, which was to promote the Psychosocial Hypothesis (PSH). I believe it has been defunct, though.

I have to agree there Mac-G WHat if ,and Who says, and where does all this lead us too ? I Loved the X-Planes ! Can you just imagine all that our test pilots saw and see up there ? It dosnt even matter what the skeptics think ITs what the actual witness`s think and see. ! There out there man ! :alien::yes: justDONTEATUS

I never felt much sympathy for Oberg, but in any event these X-15 sightings were more complicated than described in that particular article. Then again Magonia always had its own agenda as well, which was to promote the Psychosocial Hypothesis (PSH). I believe it has been defunct, though.

One has to admit like or hate Jim, he comes here and personally addresses the issues. I find it hard to not respect that as "one of the people". Nothing like the horses mouth. We do not see such from the likes of Rudiak, it seem unjust that Jim has to deal with such people in light of his real world experiences. I find the Ramey Memo nonsense on a completely different plane altogether to flight mechanics.

I have to agree there Mac-G WHat if ,and Who says, and where does all this lead us too ? I Loved the X-Planes ! Can you just imagine all that our test pilots saw and see up there ? It dosnt even matter what the skeptics think ITs what the actual witness`s think and see. ! There out there man ! :alien::yes: justDONTEATUS

I would say that those UFOs Walker described could have easily shot down his X-15 if they wanted to, but I guess they didn't. I know I would be very nervous if something flew up behind my plane very rapidly like that and then made a close pass overhead. I often think that they are just trying to impress us with their obvious technical superiority.

I would say that those UFOs Walker described could have easily shot down his X-15 if they wanted to, but I guess they didn't. I know I would be very nervous if something flew up behind my plane very rapidly like that and then made a close pass overhead. I often think that they are just trying to impress us with their obvious technical superiority.

Well my sighting will live with me forever,and that day that someone gets actual physical proof,hard proof. I will be no different than I am today ! I know there out there too ! Nothing comes into a airspace around my aircraft at actually a speed that I cant believe circle around me pace my speed and alt,then within two or three seconds leave and out of sight. Wow ! That is not made in the USA !or anywhere on this rock ! So your right ! maybe they are a very curious being`s Like us in many ways !

Peru – Crashed UFO Was Hit by Something

Marine Corp Lance Corporal John Weygandt was sent to Peru in

March 1997

, to provide perimeter security for a radar installation that he was told tracked drug traffic aircraft in Peru and Bolivia. He states, “About midnight, while I was on guard duty, Sergeant Allen and Sergeant Atkinson told me, an aircraft crashed and they need us to go and secure the crash site.” Was it an aircraft? Here is his testimony.

Dr Richard Haines describes a very interesting UFO incident investigated by Project Bluebook's Dr J Allen Hynek where three pilots witness a huge, vertical flying triangle off the coast of Florida. The pilot is Charlie Little, the location is just off the east coast of Florida and the date is 1967.