Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tantalising Testimony

It's filmed by an associate of Jaime Mausson.

Looks like a balloon of some sort. Not as weird as these http://www.google.se/search?q=weird+balloons&hl=sv&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=7Cx3UPLOKdL14QSVq4HoAg&sqi=2&ved=0CDEQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=930 but definitely a balloon.

I dunno. They don't seem to behave like balloons. Take a quick peek at this:

[media=]

[/media]

Good God, dude,... Why go beyond silly when there are genuine cases out there. You are doing UFOology no favors with this drivel.

Those are BALLOONS.

I've seen this one before. Bizarre.

[media=]

[/media]

It's filmed by an associate of Jaime Mausson.

It appears to be changing shape, that is odd same with your video Zoser they also appear to be changing shape

LMAO.

Are you laughing at my comment, I never said they were flying saucers

Are you laughing at my comment, I never said they were flying saucers

No, just the back and forth of it all. It gets to be asinine.

No, just the back and forth of it all. It gets to be asinine.

Oh I see lol yeah it does tend to go that direction

Hey what do you think of the Dylatlov Pass incident?

Hey what do you think of the Dylatlov Pass incident?

I never heard of this one,...

From wiki - Soviet investigators determined only that "a compelling unknown force" had caused the deaths. Access to the area was barred for skiers and other adventurers for three years after the incident. The chronology of the incident remains unclear because of the lack of survivors.

Investigators at the time determined that the hikers tore open their tent from within, departing barefoot into heavy snow and a temperature of −30 °C (−22 °F). Although the corpses showed no signs of struggle, two victims had fractured skulls, two had broken ribs, and one was missing her tongue. Their clothing, when tested, was found to be highly radioactive.

:unsure2:

Edited by Hazzard

It appears to be changing shape, that is odd same with your video Zoser they also appear to be changing shape

Hi R4!

Hope you don't mind me letting you know that this video is actually a bunch of mylar balloons that was fastened together and released discretely for the camera-man [who is a close friend to Jaime Maussan ..and the provider of a large part of the UFO footage on Jaime's show] , to see if they would actually fool Jaime into believing that it was a genuine UFO!...And It Did!...

http://manwolfshowlsandgrowls.blogspot.co.uk/2008_11_01_archive.html

...and as for The Dyatlov Pass Incident...?....Well, I see that Hazzard has already put you on to the best source of information about that 'great tragic mystery' !...I have been fascinated by the story for several years now. And though there were some cursory-mention to some mysterious lights that were witnessed by some people that were tenting miles away...in my opinion, this is not really a UFO mystery at all!...But a mystery that is just as perplexing , and the more that you ruminate the possible scenarios in your mind,...then the more hypnotic the mystery of just what made them go crazy and vitually comit a freezing mass suicide becomes!...There are many possibilities as to why they sliced open and fled from their tent, that fateful night!...Fear of avalanche seems to be favourite....but personally, i'm not convinced of that?...[the tent's positioning doesn't appear to support that hypothesis in my mind]...but who knows?...and will we ever know..?

But nevertheless, it will always be one of the great mysteries for my money...but , just not a UFO mystery!

What are your thoughts on the matter R4? :unsure2:

Cheers.

I never heard of this one,...

From wiki - Soviet investigators determined only that "a compelling unknown force" had caused the deaths. Access to the area was barred for skiers and other adventurers for three years after the incident. The chronology of the incident remains unclear because of the lack of survivors.

Investigators at the time determined that the hikers tore open their tent from within, departing barefoot into heavy snow and a temperature of −30 °C (−22 °F). Although the corpses showed no signs of struggle, two victims had fractured skulls, two had broken ribs, and one was missing her tongue. Their clothing, when tested, was found to be highly radioactive.

:unsure2:

I read through that whole link, I was greatly disinformed and Iv read numerous things about this incident. But I guess mystery solved??

Hi R4!

Hope you don't mind me letting you know that this video is actually a bunch of mylar balloons that was fastened together and released discretely for the camera-man [who is a close friend to Jaime Maussan ..and the provider of a large part of the UFO footage on Jaime's show] , to see if they would actually fool Jaime into believing that it was a genuine UFO!...And It Did!...

http://manwolfshowls...01_archive.html

...and as for The Dyatlov Pass Incident...?....Well, I see that Hazzard has already put you on to the best source of information about that 'great tragic mystery' !...I have been fascinated by the story for several years now. And though there were some cursory-mention to some mysterious lights that were witnessed by some people that were tenting miles away...in my opinion, this is not really a UFO mystery at all!...But a mystery that is just as perplexing , and the more that you ruminate the possible scenarios in your mind,...then the more hypnotic the mystery of just what made them go crazy and vitually comit a freezing mass suicide becomes!...There are many possibilities as to why they sliced open and fled from their tent, that fateful night!...Fear of avalanche seems to be favourite....but personally, i'm not convinced of that?...[the tent's positioning doesn't appear to support that hypothesis in my mind]...but who knows?...and will we ever know..?

But nevertheless, it will always be one of the great mysteries for my money...but , just not a UFO mystery!

What are your thoughts on the matter R4? :unsure2:

Cheers.

Yeah thanks and like I pointed out earlier I never said those things were UFO's I just said that they appeared to be changing there shape. But thanks for giving me the info on that :tu:

Now as for the Dyatlov Pass incident I guess that mysteries as solved as its ever going to be, Iv also read a ton of information on that incident and was greatly confounded by what I had read. For instance I read somewhere ( I cant recall the article ) that the bodies had been crushed with all of the internal organs ruined yet no traces of foul play were found on the skin. I found this case interesting and like they said in the link Hazzard supplied What would cause experianced hikers to just bail out of there tents in the middle of a hostile storm..???

What would cause experianced hikers to just bail out of there tents in the middle of a hostile storm..???

Россия стрелков водки! :tu:

ok

see-saw is the case

weight on one side (i.e. you and a biased stance)

so now I cannot do the case justice by sitting in the middle of seesaw as the bias that you entered with means it needs re-balancing, hence I take the opposite biased stance.....if you are not there I sit in the middle with no bias. Its basically to counter balance your bias.

:innocent:

[...]

My "request" was rhetorical... Thanks, anyway.

[...]

thats one way of avoiding the question......though the question still stands, straight answer would be nice :alien:

[...]

How much of op. mockingbird - UFO connection factual, and how much is based on conjecture/speculations/fiction? When you answer this to yourself, you'll have my answer.

[...]what about those with beliefs as opposed to claims?

Blind belief and wanting to know aren't on the same page, nor book, not even in the same universe.

My "request" was rhetorical... Thanks, anyway.

:santa:

How much of op. mockingbird - UFO connection factual, and how much is based on conjecture/speculations/fiction? When you answer this to yourself, you'll have my answer.

shall we go for a third attempt at a straight answer, or are we going to dance all night???

Blind belief and wanting to know aren't on the same page, nor book, not even in the same universe.

wanting to know isnt the point being discussed, the difference is between claims and belief.......how did wanting know enter the equation? :alien:

[...]

shall we go for a third attempt at a straight answer, or are we going to dance all night???

[...]

Lets clarify: op. mockingbird as UFO mocking campaign? Thats what McG was implying.

[...]

wanting to know isnt the point being discussed, the difference is between claims and belief.......how did wanting know enter the equation? :alien:

ok, lets make it more clear: "I want to believe" and "I want to know" are not on the same page, etc Or in another way: UFO=ET blind belief ain't on the same page as UFO=ET disbelief. Clear enough?

If you want to look up the CIA's Project Mockingbird, here are some helpful hints:

It was started in 1948 by Frank Wisner, who called "Wisner's Wulitzer" because he played the media like an organ, and then headed by Cord Meyer. Both of these were very serious dudes who were not be be fooled with in any way, shape or form.

So McG says to look up project Mockingbird,

And what CIA would come up with... Mockingbird... Brilliant... Good work McG. Nation is grateful.

Bmk's response above.......I guess we take this as the CIA did not come up with Mockingbird.....or do we take it as Mockingbird didnt exist full stop?

Lets clarify: op. mockingbird as UFO mocking campaign? Thats what McG was implying.

Maybe he did although his post hardly carries any words that would imply such, maybe the conversations before it lead you to draw that conclusion which may or may not be true, however I asked you a simple question, did Mockingbird exist? and if so what was its function?

ok, lets make it more clear: "I want to believe" and "I want to know" are not on the same page, etc Or in another way: UFO=ET blind belief ain't on the same page as UFO=ET disbelief. Clear enough?

again you are changing it all around, lets go back I aksed you a simple question again on your comment as shown below.....I ask about belief you respond about claims

snapback.pngquillius, on 10 October 2012 - 08:43 AM, said:

[...]and let me ask you one more thing, anyone who carries any sort of belief on the ETH is a woo woo in your opinion, right?

BMK response: Those with UFO=ET claims.

come on BMK lets not add and subtract but just stick with the wording used..... or we can twist again like we did last summer...yeah...lets twist again like we did last year...... :whistle:

While it certainly hasn't been irrefutably demonstrated that the ETH is behind UFOs, it's not something that's flat out impossible either. The extraterrestrial hypothesis is just that, a hypothesis. It's the evidence that makes a hypothesis probable or improbable. The ETH doesn't violate any scientific principles, and it's not like saying Santa and his elves are behind the UFO phenomena. We humans are a technological species interested in what's 'out there'...there could be others. However, personal stories, sightings of odd things etc. just isn't going to support the ETH in the manner that science (and most people) need to say we're being visited by aliens. Unless and until ET makes themselves publically known the ETH is going to remain a poorly supported hypothesis, intriguing, but poorly supported (from a scientific perspective anyway).

• Like 1

[...]

did Mockingbird exist?

[...]

Yes

[...]and if so what was its function?

[...]

To mess with media.

[...]again you are changing it all around, lets go back I aksed you a simple question again on your comment as shown below.....I ask about belief you respond about claims

snapback.pngquillius, on 10 October 2012 - 08:43 AM, said:

[...]and let me ask you one more thing, anyone who carries any sort of belief on the ETH is a woo woo in your opinion, right?

BMK response: Those with UFO=ET claims.

[...]

Yeap, thats what I said. Add to that UFO=ET claims/beliefs. Happy?

[...], and it's not like saying Santa and his elves are behind the UFO phenomena.[...]

Hmmm... After all, we have "photographic evidence" of fairies... So, why not? Its viable hypothesis... :whistle:

Yes

ok thank you

To mess with media.

:w00t:

Yeap, thats what I said. Add to that UFO=ET claims/beliefs. Happy?

good I am glad you admit that basically we are all catergorised in the same why by you......whether its a belief or a claim we are all woo woos......

not that I didnt think this was your outlook its nice to have it down in black and white. :tu:

• Like 1

Россия стрелков водки! :tu:

LMAO wish I could read Russian, mind translating that?

Hmmm... After all, we have "photographic evidence" of fairies... So, why not? Its viable hypothesis... :whistle:

Because Santa and fairies are fictional characters. The concept that technologically advanced alien life might exist and choose to explore space is more of a speculation. I'm pretty sure that most scientists don't advocate looking for Santa and his elves, but many do think looking for signs of alien life to be a worthwhile endeavour.

• Like 2

While it certainly hasn't been irrefutably demonstrated that the ETH is behind UFOs, it's not something that's flat out impossible either. The extraterrestrial hypothesis is just that, a hypothesis. It's the evidence that makes a hypothesis probable or improbable. The ETH doesn't violate any scientific principles, and it's not like saying Santa and his elves are behind the UFO phenomena. We humans are a technological species interested in what's 'out there'...there could be others. However, personal stories, sightings of odd things etc. just isn't going to support the ETH in the manner that science (and most people) need to say we're being visited by aliens. Unless and until ET makes themselves publically known the ETH is going to remain a poorly supported hypothesis, intriguing, but poorly supported (from a scientific perspective anyway).

Which throws into question the cultural version of the scientific principle which seems based on nothing real at all, but rather is a place to hide for closed un-trusting minds.