Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tantalising Testimony

Look carefully at the first couple of seconds of the Fraserburgh footage. It looks as if a saucer shape is discernable. The footage itself isn't as clear as it could be; poor Morag it was all she had!

It's really difficult to get any detail from that video. I see a lot of large "blocky" pixels, and I wonder if the video has been enlarged or zoomed before posting, Also, it's too bad there are no landmarks visible to give a sense of perspective.

For the Denbigh video, you should really have a look at the uploaders channel. He is an amateur filmaker. Have a look at his paranomal section. Perhaps his enthusiasm to cover a topic is clouding the reality of the situation.

Peter Glynn Films:

I would put the whole thing out there if I thought it was genuine. Why would I hide parts of it? What value would that provide for the field of UFOlogy?

Don't UFOlogists always deride the government for supposedly hiding evidence? Double standard zoser... think about it.

How can we know what else is in the remaining footage without seeing it?

Again, you have absolutely no reason to link these two events together. No reason at all.

Not really.

The lights flashing giving the appearance of rotation is one thing; the inclination of the row of light also looks the same.

It's really difficult to get any detail from that video. I see a lot of large "blocky" pixels, and I wonder if the video has been enlarged or zoomed before posting, Also, it's too bad there are no landmarks visible to give a sense of perspective.

For the Denbigh video, you should really have a look at the uploaders channel. He is an amateur filmaker. Have a look at his paranomal section. Perhaps his enthusiasm to cover a topic is clouding the reality of the situation.

Peter Glynn Films:

Doubting the integrity of the evidence again? If he is a film maker could that be why the family asked him to represent them because of his reputation? If you watch all 8 parts that's the impression given by the mother.

Just to remind ourselves of the testimonies.

The boy at Denbigh said he saw a saucer with spinning lights.

Quoth Morag from Fraserburgh:

Ms Ritchie describes seeing a circular object hovering and spinning above her home in Fraserburgh Aberdeeshire

Edit: typos

Edited by zoser

Doubting the integrity of the evidence again? If he is a film maker could that be why the family asked him to represent them because of his reputation? If you watch all 8 parts that's the impression given by the mother.

I feel it's in doubt until he responds to my comment.

I feel it's in doubt until he responds to my comment.

I know what you are saying. Lets hope we hear more.

The boy at Benbigh said he saw a saucer with spinning lights.

Ms Ritchie describes seeing a circular object hovering and spinning above her home in Fraserburgh Aberdenshire.

I realize that.

When dealing with UFO research, the terms "testimony" and "evidence" have radically different meanings from the legal terms used in a court of law.

Remember in the Disclosure Project, all the witnesses stated that they were willing to testify under oath before Congress. The important part of their statement was "willing". Their "testimony" at the DP was not given under oath, and unfortunately some of them were shown to be telling tall tales.

In a Court of Law, providing false testimony can result in serious charges with offenders doing serious time behind bars.

Unfortunately, when it comes to UFO testimony and evidence, the consequences of lying are trivial by comparison.

So we need to always look for multiple witnesses and video whenever possible with UFO cases. Even when witnesses are labelled as "trained observers" or "experts", it can mean little.

I agree that there are similarities in the appearance of the videos, but we need more to be pointing to the ETH.

What we have here are two videos that fall into the "unexplained" category.

Let's see what the Denbigh video fellow has to say about posting the other few minutes of the event. If all that was recorded is more of exactly what we have seen so far, then he should have nothing to worry about. It won't cost him anything but a few minutes of his time to post it.

• Like 1

I found the omission of 8 minutes strange too. I got the feeling that dragging it out to 8 parts, and his mention of it going viral with number of "hits" etc, that perhaps a little revenue was hoped for out of this. They are entitled to it, but to me it knocks the credibility down a notch.

I hope that he replies to your comment with something.

Also, I mentioned the chimneys as a possible source of the lights in post #4078. (sorry for not using multiquote, I usually bugger it up and have to write my posts again)

From #4078, I said:

Here's a "could be" idea I have:

"The "lights" don't seem to have a distinct shape and seem to vary in brightness and size, and flicker somewhat.

There are drifting up and to the right.

As claimed in the video, I see no "saucer" shape.

There are a few chimneys in the area, so I think it may be someone burning newspaper or something similar in their fireplace. I've seen that happen when the papers will drift right out the chimney while still burning.

I don't get a "UFO feeling" about this sighting at all."

The more I look at it, the more it looks like it is along the line of the hill in the background. Doesn't seem to line up with the chimneys at all actually.

Still looking though.

• Like 1

The boy at Denbigh said he saw a saucer with spinning lights.

Ms Ritchie describes seeing a circular object hovering and spinning above her home in Fraserburgh Aberdeeshire

Edit: typos

I can just picture Morag from Fraserburgh. I bet she wears a headscarf and waits by the kitchen door of her farmhouse with a rolling pin for when her husband gets home after a night with his cronies on the Whisky (brewed on an illicit Still in the cowshed of one of the neighbours, of course). Or Plaid. I bet she wears Plaid. Anyone called Morag ought to, surely.

I can just picture Morag from Fraserburgh. I bet she wears a headscarf and waits by the kitchen door of her farmhouse with a rolling pin for when her husband gets home after a night with his cronies on the Whisky (brewed on an illicit Still in the cowshed of one of the neighbours, of course). Or Plaid. I bet she wears Plaid. Anyone called Morag ought to, surely.

You know her then?

Zoser27.jpg

Interesting that both sightings were in the early hours, The Fraserburgh sighting lasted for several hours. Not surprising that few people caught it at that time being so early in such a desolate spot.

The Problem with Eyewitness Testimony

Several studies have been conducted on human memory and on subjects’ propensity to remember erroneously events and details that did not occur.

I do believe this kind of thing has been posted before; it solves nothing but if it helps people to sleep better at night then fine,

Thank you Mr D.

• Like 2

I hope that he replies to your comment with something.

The more I look at it, the more it looks like it is along the line of the hill in the background. Doesn't seem to line up with the chimneys at all actually.

Still looking though.

Hi Boony!,Zoser!, and Synch!

I'll go out on a lim here... :innocent:

I discussed this particular case on another forum some months ago. And remember dismissing it, because for if nothing-else, my gut-feeling was that it was a hoax perpetrated by the whole family. [including the family documentary maker]...Not that they deliberately created the anomalous-looking sight!...but rather, they know exactly what they had filmed, and decided that it looked mysterious enough to "Cash In" on the damn-thing!

The 'chimney idea' never crossed my mind.[and still seems rather remote]..But I do still favour 'something-on-the-hill theory'...And reviewing the first instalment of the "Genuine UFO" film,..I noticed that the lady mentions that the lights emanated from the general direction of "The Denbigh Golf Club"!....And being an occasional [but excellent] golfer myself,...I know that my own golf club does it's general maintenance through the night!....And I hope that I am not being too sceptical here,...but after watching the tape again, I believe that a group of brightly-lit ground-staff vehicles , innocently going about their duties,...might just look like the "Genuine UFO" in the Denbigh film?

Anyway...I have left a message via the club's website, requesting information on any 'nocturnal maintenance work' that could possibly have been carried out on or about the 3rd of january.

...It is late sunday evening here...So i'll wait and see if i'm anywhere near the mark on this one. :whistle:

Cheers buddy.

Edited by 1963
  • Like 1

I discussed this particular case on another forum some months ago. And remember dismissing it, because for if nothing-else, my gut-feeling was that it was a hoax perpetrated by the whole family. [including the family documentary maker]...Not that they deliberately created the anomalous-looking sight!...but rather, they know exactly what they had filmed, and decided that it looked mysterious enough to "Cash In" on the damn-thing!

The 'chimney idea' never crossed my mind.[and still seems rather remote]..But I do still favour 'something-on-the-hill theory'...And reviewing the first instalment of the "Genuine UFO" film,..I noticed that the lady mentions that the lights emanated from the general direction of "The Denbigh Golf Club"!....And being an occasional [but excellent] golfer myself,...I know that my own golf club does it's general maintenance through the night!....And I hope that I am not being too sceptical here,...but after watching the tape again, I believe that a group of brightly-lit ground-staff vehicles , innocently going about their duties,...might just look like the "Genuine UFO" in the Denbigh film?

Anyway...I have left a message via the club's website, requesting information on any 'nocturnal maintenance work' that could possibly have been carried out on or about the 3rd of january.

...It is late sunday evening here...So i'll wait and see if i'm anywhere near the mark on this one. :whistle:

Cheers buddy.

Hiya 1963, and yes you're right that the golf course lines up. I had very similar thoughts as I was looking (and am still looking) into it.

Unfortunately, the golf course itself is over the hill and not visible from the point of view of the camera. Excellent thinking though, and I'm currently thinking that it may have been a tractor or something similar on the field just this side of the hill.

• Like 2

I do believe this kind of thing has been posted before; it solves nothing but if it helps people to sleep better at night then fine,

Thank you Mr D.

Just stating the obvious.... and something factual.

Cheers buddy.

It's not that your being skeptical it's that you are missing the other half of the story.

Check out the Fraserburgh UFO seen last month; it's virtually identical ; Then see if that changes your mind. Check it out on youtube or a few posts back.

Edited by zoser

Just stating the obvious.... and something factual.

If you want something factual; look at the footage. We don't need text books to tell us facts; there are other ways.

If you want something factual; look at the footage. We don't need text books to tell us facts; there are other ways.

Didn't you say that you were a math teacher? What do you teach your students with?

re the Welsh 'UFO event'....I'm totally underwhelmed (with the Scottish one as well)...

one of the comments with the Welsh video was...

Kid gets video camera for Christmas.

First thing he sees and shoots is a UFO.

Timing!

Wonder what he'll ask for for next Christmas.

^_^

To me the whole thing looks like it was set up by the family (lights on the hill).....for 'the kid' to film.

Little Nathan was probably the only one not 'in on it'.....

the narrative seems pretty fake to me as well

sorry zoser

I just can't share your enthusiasm for these two videos...

but cheers anyway..:)

• Like 1

Thank you for posting the poppy, Bee.

Odie

It's not that your being skeptical it's that you are missing the other half of the story.

Check out the Fraserburgh UFO seen last month; it's virtually identical ; Then see if that changes your mind. Check it out on youtube or a few posts back.

Zoser, it was me that posted that video you turnip!....Listen buddy,..i'm not trying to knock the ETH!...For gods sake man, I was a proponent probably since before you were born!...it's just that I am a bit more selective as to which cases deserve real attention.....Erm?...no that sounds rather pretentious doesn't it!...So I will re-phrase....perhaps it's that "My bullcrap-meter is working by stricter guidelines than yours"!, and the Denbigh light's video is causing my meter to bleep loudly!

And while we are on the subject....How come there has only been 13 seconds of the 8 minutes shown?

After all ,...even though the guy says that it was going to be methodically posted in drips [for some unfathomable reasoning] ...it has now been 'almost a year' since the first [and so far only..] instalment!

At this rate....it is going to be over 30 years before we get the whole picture!!...does that sound like a valid action, by a genuine 'smoking-gun holder' to you Zoser..?...I would suggest not!

And by your trying to tie the Fraserburgh Video to this one, in an attempt of enhancing the validity of both videos...you are imo, grasping at straws my friend, and doing the Fraserburgh case 'No favours'!...because in my honest opinion,..the similarities are very slim-to-negligible !...in fact, it wouldn't be a miraculous feat to scout a half dozen better matches on YouTube! [if you could be bothered...and no!, I can't!]

The fact is, that even if we never find out what it was in the Denbigh video,...we still cannot state that it was an extraterrestrial craft for certain!...And that just leaves each of us with our own interpretations!..And mine is not Extraterrestrial in this case!...just the way I see it,

Cheers .

• Like 4

re the Welsh 'UFO event'....I'm totally underwhelmed (with the Scottish one as well)...

one of the comments with the Welsh video was...

^_^

To me the whole thing looks like it was set up by the family (lights on the hill).....for 'the kid' to film.

Little Nathan was probably the only one not 'in on it'.....

the narrative seems pretty fake to me as well

sorry zoser

I just can't share your enthusiasm for these two videos...

but cheers anyway.. :)

You are more than likely correct Bee! :tu:

Cheers.

• Like 1

Hiya 1963, and yes you're right that the golf course lines up. I had very similar thoughts as I was looking (and am still looking) into it.

Unfortunately, the golf course itself is over the hill and not visible from the point of view of the camera. Excellent thinking though, and I'm currently thinking that it may have been a tractor or something similar on the field just this side of the hill.

Good work my friend :tu: ...Or just maybe... the tractors/fairway-maintenance-vehicles were en-route back to their depot...? :unsure2: lol.

23876_386634884747536_317346496_n.jpg

new_machines.jpg

refurbished.jpg

these are the actual machines used at the Denbigh Golf Club.

...proves nothing, I know...just wanted to post them! :whistle:

Cheers buddy.

• Like 1