Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tantalising Testimony

So is the fact that they said "they thought it was some kids having a Prank by throwing a metal bowl" merely a cunning Ploy or Ruse to distract attention from the fact that that's in fact what it actually was? :unsure2:

It's a psychological ploy to cause the listener to also disregard it being a bowl(s). There is a name for it but I can't think of it off the top of my head.

• Like 1

It's a psychological ploy to cause the listener to also disregard it being a bowl(s). There is a name for it but I can't think of it off the top of my head.

Kind of like saying "It's not bugs" while presenting video of blurry insects flying close to the camera.

• Like 1

Darn devious, these Poles.

:unsure2:

(FN): Did you really think somebody was throwing a bowl?

(MZ) When I saw it, I says ‘did they throw something at me or what.’ Is there anybody really disturbing drivers? Some guy will not be careful and will hit another… but there was nobody there. No living soul. Only the gusts of wind blowing. It didn’t blow initially. At least I couldn’t feel it in the car. I got out of the car. And the other guy is still tipsy after the wedding so he keeps laughing at me..

Those are the references to the bowl idea. I think people are imagining things instead of reading the whole case.

It's not the first time.

You are far too trusting zoser.

Just look at the case in more detail; that's all I ask. If I'm wrong I'm wrong,

(FN): OK, but what did you think about this object when you saw it?

(MZ): When I was looking I thought that some punks must have thrown some bowl at me from a ditch, over the car, it flew sort of in front of the car. I says ‘damn it, they don’t have better things to do…’ I jumped out and I says ‘I’m gonna kick your asses’ but there is no-one around… And the Russian stopped behind me… Other cars didn’t stop. So I look what is wrong with the car but everything is fine. And the car started by itself. I have no idea what it was…

(FN): Did you really think somebody was throwing a bowl?

(MZ) When I saw it, I says ‘did they throw something at me or what.’ Is there anybody really disturbing drivers? Some guy will not be careful and will hit another… but there was nobody there. No living soul. Only the gusts of wind blowing. It didn’t blow initially. At least I couldn’t feel it in the car. I got out of the car. And the other guy is still tipsy after the wedding so he keeps laughing at me..

Those are the references to the bowl idea. I think people are imagining things instead of reading the whole case.

It's not the first time.

Just look at the case in more detail; that's all I ask. If I'm wrong I'm wrong,

(FN): OK, but what did you think about this object when you saw it?

(MZ): When I was looking I thought that some punks must have thrown some bowl at me from a ditch, over the car, it flew sort of in front of the car. I says ‘damn it, they don’t have better things to do…’ I jumped out and I says ‘I’m gonna kick your asses’ but there is no-one around… And the Russian stopped behind me… Other cars didn’t stop. So I look what is wrong with the car but everything is fine. And the car started by itself. I have no idea what it was…

Has the thought of this being a possible hoax even entered your mind zoser? It's called discernment. Know it. Live it. Love it.

The guy admitted that they had just come from a wedding and were a little tipsy. I've done far worse when under the influence...I could have sworn that was a lady!! Holy Crap! Did I say that out loud? <_<:lol:

• Like 2

Has the thought of this being a possible hoax even entered your mind zoser? It's called discernment. Know it. Live it. Love it.

The guy admitted that they had just come from a wedding and were a little tipsy. I've done far worse when under the influence...I could have sworn that was a lady!! Holy Crap! Did I say that out loud? <_<:lol:

Unless you read the case and are prepared to discuss it's aspects there is no point in replying to you.

Unless you read the case and are prepared to discuss it's aspects there is no point in replying to you.

I'll take that as a no then....*sigh*

• Like 2

You are far too trusting zoser.

It's more a refusal to dismiss things. Trust doesn't really come into it.

I recommend people read the whole case before making a judgement:

he starts taking pictures, but he suddenly notices something strange slowly moving over the fields. The object is big, about two metres in diameter, and it reminds two bowls welded together at the edges! It is metallic – sunlight is reflected from its surface. No engine can be heard, there is no fumes or smoke, but… a very strong wind starts blowing in gusts! It is also of importance, as there was no wind so strong on that day. Zbyszek starts making pictures of the unidentified object. At one point the UFO starts a swift ascent and instantly flies away.

If someone threw a bowl, how long would it stay up in the air? Seconds maybe? It was up in the air for 8 mins. How come the tilt is consistent?

Please can people read the whole case and refrain from making cynical crass judgements? Just for once?

I'm tuning in late here today.

First thing I thought of viewing the pictures was the mixing bowl scenario, then I scrolled down to see pictures of one...lol.

It's a common prank which I suggested (and others) to be the nature of the "Greek Goats" photo.

When saying "It was up in the air for 8 mins", ...how do you know? Just based on the testimony of drunks?

The photos could all be independant shots of several "bowl tosses".

Looks to me like the guy in the foreground of a couple of the shots could be the "bowl tosser".

Also, the hood of the car being open being an indication that the car may have been broken down for a while and the occupants got bored?

Why a bowl in the car? Maybe they brought food to the wedding and were bringing their bowls home?

This one looks a bit hoax-like to me.

• Like 2

First thing I thought of viewing the pictures was the mixing bowl scenario, then I scrolled down to see pictures of one...lol.

It's a common prank which I suggested (and others) to be the nature of the "Greek Goats" photo.

When saying "It was up in the air for 8 mins", ...how do you know? Just based on the testimony of drunks?

Looks to me like the guy in the foreground of a couple of the shots could be the "bowl tosser".

Also, the hood of the car being open being an indication that the car may have been broken down for a while and the occupants got bored?

Why a bowl in the car? Maybe they brought food to the wedding and were bringing their bowls home?

I think you may have nailed it Synch. :tu:

• Like 3

And they just happened to have some means of securing them together before the olympic throwing contest and the rapid fire photography? Hmm

Edited by zoser

I think you may have nailed it Synch. :tu:

At least he did more than you did. Walking into the bar, farting and walking out again without buying a drink.

• Like 1

And they just happened to have some means of securing them together before the olympic throwing contest and the rapid fire photography? Hmm

The J-B Weld Company is an international company that produces epoxy products. The home office is based in Sulphur Springs, Texas (USA). Also, J-B WELD is the name of their flagship product: a specialized, high-temperature epoxy adhesive for use in bonding materials together (see below: J-B WELD epoxy). The company is famous for its advertisements showing engine block repair with J-B WELD

200px-Jbweldpackage.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J-B_Weld

I still know people who keep this stuff even in their new cars. It would fit in with Synch's idea of a vehicle breakdown.

At least he did more than you did. Walking into the bar, farting and walking out again without buying a drink.

I hope you liked it, it was just for you. I was saving it for a special occasion.

See, I can be immature too. :P

• Like 2

indeed, I try to,as people know, be entirely fair & reasonable about these, but it doesn't look as if they'd literally just that moment got out of the car to be confronted by a strange & puzzling phenomenon. It does look as if they'd been there for some time, and maybe had got bored.

• Like 1

Zoser, I'm speculating.

In attempting to "prove" or at least find a slim indication that the ETH can even be considered, we must "speculate" on all possible explanations. Unfortunately the ETH is a lame horse and ALWAYS comes in last in any race.

“extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.”

They are driving an old car. I have done this many times myself, when driving and "old beater" I always had a roll of ducktape and a pair of Vicegrips in the trunk. You'd be amazed what you can fix with those tools.

Zoser, you are letting your enthusiasm to find the truth, bias your analysis of cases...again.

But I admire your tenacity. Don't stop.

It may be you who will end up being the first to submit "Exhibit A".

TIP: If you do find it, make sure you "moneytize" your Youtube account!

Edited by synchronomy

How did you know I enjoy doing that?...and I've done my research.

Proof of telepathy:

Two people in an elevator, one slips out the "silent but deadly" type.

Instantly and without any verbal communication, both individuals know who did it!

Edited by synchronomy
  • Like 1

How did you know I enjoy doing that?...and I've done my research.

Proof of telepathy:

Two people in an elevator, one slips out the "silent but deadly" type.

Instantly and without any verbal communication, both individuals know who did it!

Wouldn't that be proof of nasal-epathy? :lol:

• Like 1

Zoser, I'm speculating.

In attempting to "prove" or at least find a slim indication that the ETH can even be considered, we must "speculate" on all possible explanations. Unfortunately the ETH is a lame horse and ALWAYS comes in last in any race.

“extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.”

They are driving an old car. I have done this many times myself, when driving and "old beater" I always had a roll of ducktape and a pair of Vicegrips in the trunk. You'd be amazed what you can fix with those tools.

Zoser, you are letting your enthusiasm to find the truth, bias your analysis of cases...again.

But I admire your tenacity. Don't stop.

It's a theory. It has to be. Then again let's look at it a different way:

One of the pair has declined to discuss it completely the other only with some reluctance. Neither appear to have an interest in the subject but instead seem ordinary very down to earth guys.

The investigator was impressed with his sincerity and felt that his lack of interest in the subject appeared to lend credence to the story. The story that is told is that their car stalled and so did a Russian coach. The guy's initial instinct was that someone was throwing two bowls in the air. He confirms that there was no one around to actually do this.

If the bowls were in the car, what then? The pair glue them together and decide to enact a hoax? Possibly. They throw the object into the air and happen to capture it with the tilt close to horizontal? Well maybe they snapped a hundred shots and cherry picked these 5? All possible I suppose.

The objects do not look close to me. One looks quite a respectable distance. I think that the hoax story lacks credibility.

Remember I did say that this case would attract controversy; I don't own it. I brought it to your attention. That's all.

What annoys me is the way that certain people proceed; a total unwillingness to review the case that has with it a definite sense of arrogance. No attempt at putting forward facts and reasons.

A translation of the guys youtube testimony would be extremely useful.

Edited by zoser

It's been done a dozen or more times on this thread already. The Kumburgaz case being in my view one of the best; even Boon could not debunk it.

There are other cases too.

• Like 1

Wouldn't that be proof of nasal-epathy? :lol:

Since I "believe" in telepathy, I guess I am guilty of confirmation bias! :whistle:

It's been done a dozen or more times on this thread already. The Kumburgaz case being in my view one of the best; even Boon could not debunk it.

There are other cases too.

I don't mean a historical case, you can be sure they have been thrashed out already.

Post some video of ET at your family's Christmas dinner...that sort of thing.