Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tantalising Testimony

It wasn't a "weather balloon", it was a portion of a Mogul balloon which was highly secret at the time. It was designed to detect Soviet atomic weapon tests. That's why initially the military told the press it was a "flying saucer". They thought it would just blow over, but when it received widespread publicity, they reversed and said it was a weather balloon.

Roswell was a dead story until Stanton Friedman drummed it up to sell his books.

Forget Roswell. It's a lame story. It's perpetuated because it sells books and it draws tourists to a town that otherwise would be broke.

Hello Synch, I must say I really cant buy this bit.....the military announces ET and thought 'this story will blow over in a few days' huh??? I know people think they are incompetent etc etc but you would have to be a complete idiot to think a story like ET confirmed by military would blow over....quick whats plan B...ummmm lets say a balloon.

that really makes no sense for me what so ever.

Hello Synch, I must say I really cant buy this bit.....the military announces ET and thought 'this story will blow over in a few days' huh??? I know people think they are incompetent etc etc but you would have to be a complete idiot to think a story like ET confirmed by military would blow over....quick whats plan B...ummmm lets say a balloon.

that really makes no sense for me what so ever.

that's exactly what I've said. It seems a very strange choice of cover story, to effectively say "there are unknown craft flying about over the united States, and we can do nothing about it". Particularly if they were so concerned about the Reds and any secret weapons they may have had, that would surely be the last thing that would reassure the People.

• Like 1

The shear number being reported at the moment tells me that you may not have long to wait. Here's hoping!

PS Regarding dear Jesse; wouldn't you have thought that she would have at least waved to see if they waved back? :alien:

What sheer number? Any religion produces impressive sheer numbers of people who claim to have experienced superstitious nonsense. If you make it a "sheer numbers" game, the Ufologists are actually a minor player.

Fact is, none all of this religious, UFO, or conspiracy pap passes the bar of rational scrutiny.

• Like 2

Fact is, none all of this religious, UFO, or conspiracy pap passes the bar of rational scrutiny.

And automatic skepticism does? Every occurred to you that you are part of an even more fanatical religion?

Edited by zoser
  • Like 2

Im sure it has, and the religion is Science.

It's great, sometimes we can admit to being wrong about things initially.

Other times we have pizza parties.

Best religion/cult ive been a part of so far

• Like 1

And automatic skepticism does?

Of course automatic skepticism makes sense. Everybody should question claims, especially extraordinary claims. Would you not question your adviser at the bank if he claimed you would get a 10-20% profit with no risk associated if you purchased certain stocks? Of course you would!

Every occurred to you that you are part of an even more fanatical religion?

The religion of rational and critical thinking instead of gullibly believing everything?

Cheers,

Badeskov

Edited by badeskov
  • Like 2

And automatic skepticism does? Every occurred to you that you are part of an even more fanatical religion?

Good point. Although I wouldn't call it automatic skepticism. Seeking proof is science. Believing blindly is far more foolish.

We would still be living in caves if not for brave inventors and scientists challenging the quest for knowledge and believing there's a better way to build a mousetrap.

Galileo's belief in heliocentrism resulted in the remainder of his life being under house arrest.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have been pre-occupied just lately with the link between missing people and UFO's. For anyone interested in the subject of missing people under mysterious circumstances I recommend looking at the work of David Paulides.

Any way have a look at this. There are no gruesome pictures to see, rather the up-loader shows you some pages of a book on a Kindle device. It's only short and easy to read.

It concerns the attempted abduction of a guy named Hermalindo da Silva in Brazil 1976.

[media=]

[/media]

This is not the first time I have heard this. A member of the US army was said to have been grabbed by wires from a UFO. I'm trying to find the case now.

Edited by zoser

The similar case was Sgt Jonathon P Lovette and the incident took place in White Sands NM in 1956

Edit:

Source change because first URL contained link to graphic videos.

http://www.bibliotec...e_bluebook1.htm

Can you possibly quote something other than "bibliotec" which is a self-professed tabloid source?

Really Zoser, you have been around the forum long enough to realize BS when is glares in your face.

Most of us have been at this game much longer than you.

• Like 1

Can you possibly quote something other than "bibliotec" which is a self-professed tabloid source?

Really Zoser, you have been around the forum long enough to realize BS when is glares in your face.

Most of us have been at this game much longer than you.

Type Sgt. Jonathon P Lovette into Google and you will find quite a few sources.

If you don't like mine find another.

It's really very simple.

Regarding the skepticism: prove to me that both cases are invention.

Regarding the claim of self virtue. Please prove that too.

After all you are a scientific type right?

Type Sgt. Jonathon P Lovette into Google and you will find quite a few sources.

If you don't like mine find another.

It's really very simple.

Regarding the skepticism: prove to me that both cases are invention.

Regarding the claim of self virtue. Please prove that too.

After all you are a scientific type right?

You have science ass backwards. YOU demonstate ANY reasonable proof to your claim, and I will buy in.

You're off again trying to prove a negative. Just because some psychotic makes a claim, does not make it true.

• Like 1

You have science ass backwards. YOU demonstate ANY reasonable proof to your claim, and I will buy in.

You're off again trying to prove a negative. Just because some psychotic makes a claim, does not make it true.

Allow me to correct you on a couple of things.

First, the idea that anyone posting an alleged true story constitutes proof should be ridiculous to even a child. So I'm not going to give you credit for that.

What I am trying to do is assemble a collection of similar cases to see if there are corresponding facts.

Secondly please don't think for a minute that I'm ever going to accept your claim of academic virtue over me where this subject is concerned. I neither recognise or accept it. If you would take that on board it would be good for you. You feel that you are standing on a pillar of rock, yet I feel it is a mound of sand. I feel that quite strongly.

I know this because I don't believe that you study cases very well or study similar cases to make comparisons. I think you are doing nothing more than expressing opinion which is not very helpful.

Better that we spend time not bickering but studying the subject. I hope you agree.

I have presented two cases that have some corresponding details. Regarding the Sgt Lovette case there are two more famous cases. Do you know of them? Do you know who the chief investigators in this field are? Have you listened to them?

To be able to discuss the phenomena with me you would need to.

I suggest have a look into them first and let's talk again.

Edited by zoser

Far too general an assumption. Totally invalid. Typical skeptic's approach: ignore the witnesses and let's substitute our own version. Totally unscientific.

Not only did it change direction in mid air something acted like a break to slow it's descent. Did you hear the witnesses describe this? Please go back and listen to them. What else can change direction during a descent? I await your explanation.

Not sufficient. The case facts themselves say otherwise. That's what you have to go back to. Not what you think is the case.

Agreed. However the authorities always move in to sanitize the case. They remove evidence, threaten witnesses and lay misinformation. This all needs to be taken into account.

Roswell has never been debunked. Even the military announced they had recovered a UFO on the initial press release. Why would they get it wrong?

without proof...it's just a story. I agree that where there are a lot of eye witness reports...something had to happen...but what happened is more about someone's conjecture or opinion without proof. You get a lot of he said/she said or he saw/she saw stories.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Steve Pierce one of Travis Walton's work colleagues present on the night of the abduction gives his last testimony. He has been offered money on more than one occasion in exchange for denouncing the event but he has always declined in favour of maintaining the truth.

Steve Pierce: Witness to the Travis Walton alien abduction incident

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing like eye-witness testimony,... beats hard scientific peer reviewed evidence every time. :w00t:

• Like 2

It was a clear summer evening in 1790. A settler in New York’s Schoharie County was sitting on the porch of his dwelling playing his fiddle. About 9 p.m., a bright shining light appeared in the northern sky with a great roar. He indicates that it grew in intensity until it would have outshown the noonday sun. The resident remarked that the light was so bright that he could have “… picked up pins in every corner.” Cont...

http://www.syracusenewtimes.com/newyork/article-7533-a-colonial-ufo-sighting.html

• Like 1

It was a clear summer evening in 1790. A settler in New York’s Schoharie County was sitting on the porch of his dwelling playing his fiddle. About 9 p.m., a bright shining light appeared in the northern sky with a great roar. He indicates that it grew in intensity until it would have outshown the noonday sun. The resident remarked that the light was so bright that he could have “… picked up pins in every corner.” Cont...

http://www.syracusen...o-sighting.html

Secret Aircraft.