Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tantalising Testimony

Yeah, right?

solid argument for science if I ever did see one

Science has written itself out of the UFO phenomena and has no part to play at the moment and never will have if it keeps going the way it is.

Without serious reform, the scientific community can actually offer very little.

Some say it is a great shame. I say not really. If it get's it's act together then fine. I will listen. It's no good fielding self confirmed skeptics who never bother to investigate cases or listen to witnesses; that's blatantly obvious.

It needs these people to climb down from their self-built ivory towers and get seriously stuck into cases with much more of an open mind.

It's sciences loss not Ufology's loss.

Edited by zoser
  • Like 2

Science has written itself out of the UFO phenomena and has no part to play at the moment and never will have if it keeps going the way it is.

Without serious reform, the scientific community can actually offer very little.

Some say it is a great shame. I say not really. If it get's it's act together then fine. I will listen. It's no good fielding self confirmed skeptics who never bother to investigate cases or listen to witnesses; that's blatantly obvious.

It needs these people to climb down from their self-built ivory towers and get seriously stuck into cases with much more of an open mind.

It's sciences loss not Ufology's loss.

I'll give you credit there in that what you say makes sense.

Although I come across as a stubborn skeptic often, it should not detract from the fact I believe, beyond shadow of doubt, that many appearances of UFO's are of ET origin. It p***es me off that most of the so called "authors" write complete nonsense, claiming people told them this and that "off the record".

• Like 2

Although I come across as a stubborn skeptic often, it should not detract from the fact I believe, beyond shadow of doubt, that many appearances of UFO's are of ET origin. It p***es me off that most of the so called "authors" write complete nonsense, claiming people told them this and that "off the record".

If I understand you correctly you are saying that you wish that UFO authors and researchers would use a little more scientific rigour?

I would agree. Everyone should exercise responsibility to check and verify claims where possible.

Edited by zoser
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A former cable TV reporter believes he caught video of a UFO near his home in Hong Kong.

According to ePrice.com.hk, a Hong Kong online merchant, the man who captured the UFO video was Wu Xiaodong Yi, who they say is a former cable TV reporter for TVB in Hong Kong. ePrice reports that Yi first spotted the UFO on the evening of October 5, but was only able to take a low quality cell phone photograph of it.

In hopes that the UFO would return, the next night Yi was prepared with a video camera to record the object. Luckily, Yi was right, and the object did return. He was able to get a few minutes of video before the object disappeared.

A former cable TV reporter believes he caught video of a UFO near his home in Hong Kong.

According to ePrice.com.hk, a Hong Kong online merchant, the man who captured the UFO video was Wu Xiaodong Yi, who they say is a former cable TV reporter for TVB in Hong Kong. ePrice reports that Yi first spotted the UFO on the evening of October 5, but was only able to take a low quality cell phone photograph of it.

In hopes that the UFO would return, the next night Yi was prepared with a video camera to record the object. Luckily, Yi was right, and the object did return. He was able to get a few minutes of video before the object disappeared.

Convenient it came back the next night isnt it? The shape is typical of zooming in on any light source and the distortion making shapes, diamond shapes typically have something to with the aperture I believe, tho Im sure the photo buffs will correct me if Im wrong !!

Convenient it came back the next night isnt it? The shape is typical of zooming in on any light source and the distortion making shapes, diamond shapes typically have something to with the aperture I believe, tho Im sure the photo buffs will correct me if Im wrong !!

Yes, the diamond shape distortion was certainly a known iris artefact in/from Sony camcorders.

• Like 2

Sweetpumper You and me Gotta Hit the Bars over there ! I bet we can See the Mother Ship the First night on tour?

At least we Will have a Hoot with All our U/M/ buddies ! :whistle: We can call it an Invasion !

Is this topic still talking about that video in the OP or?

You mean the Jesse Roestenburg sighting in Satffordshire in the 1950's?

Not really. Since then the thread has been a comprehensive dazzling roller coaster of discovery, looking at convincing testimonies in ufology over the last few decades.

By all means talk about dear Jesse if you wish:

Here is a link if you want to know more:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread789162/pg1

• 4 weeks later...

I beg your pardon? Not it most certainly does not. All this illustrates is that the unsung workhorses who battle this question are invisible to woo woo UFOlogy.

Physicists, Meteorologists, Biologists and Astronomers are but a tiny fraction of the sciences involved with this field of study.

The woo woo crowd says science does not touch this phenomena because they do not want to admit that the little green men teams failed miserably, and we have come to realise that UFO's tend to get explained with very terrestrial and mundane items. This is what we study today, we do not have teams called UFO hunters, that nonsense has been demoted to entertainment television, we have the sciences studying space, we have the WISE missions, the Kepler missions, the Galileo's, endless streams of data coming not from imagination, but directly from space.

So no, as usual, it makes not an ounce of sense, it simply says that because the studies do not have some cheesy name, they are considered not to exist, nothing could be further from the truth. But book sales like the Leslie Kean offering would indeed benefit from such inane claims.

What does not exist anymore are the somewhat childish names for fledgling divisions that have no clue what it is they are actually doing.

How this myth continues to propagate in a modern world is not bewildering, but saddening. Is this the state of learning today? We do not even know people are learning? We just pretend that seeming as we are not directly informed, such does not exist?

And believers say skeptics have a closed mind???????

Seriously????????

And belief is fine, which is why you do not warrant the animosity Zoser tends to in general. Just like believing a chick can get pregnant by an act of God. Yeah, sure, believe that if you want. Millions do, but my mind is not wired that way. I am driven to actually know, and not accept half guesses as acceptable. It failed the ancient greeks with their God theories, yet here we are doing the same thing over again.

This authors you mention as far as I can tell are Zoser's modern prophets. I reckon we have had enough religion on the planet myself.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

HEre ! HEre ! Time for the Real religion to Keep on going ! Exploration and Knowledge ! :tu:

• Like 1

Does it really matter.... in the end its just someone saying something. Its up to you to BELIEVE it or not.

Who turned out the lights? (Your avatar)

HEre ! HEre ! Time for the Real religion to Keep on going ! Exploration and Knowledge ! :tu:

Wouldn't it be a great planet to be on if higher learning took up as much attention?

Edited by psyche101

Does it really matter.... in the end its just someone saying something. Its up to you to BELIEVE it or not.

The motive is all you have to go on. The only motive as far as I can see is that she wanted to let the truth out concerning her experience.

Nothing else.

JR_zpsdd599abc.jpg

You mean the Jesse Roestenburg sighting in Satffordshire in the 1950's?

Not really. Since then the thread has been a nausea-inducing roller coaster of ignorance, looking at unconvincing testimonies in ufology over the last few decades.

By all means talk about dear Jesse if you wish:

Here is a link if you want to know more:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread789162/pg1

Fixed it for ya.

• Like 1

60 Feet From A Landed UFO

http://www.earthfile...ory=Environment

That's a cracking case SP.

I love it when you hear the actual testimony of the observer. A lot of detail given here.

A USAF object ?

A retrieved object?

Sounds credible.

Edited by zoser

And it's in NM. I hadn't heard of this one before.

I reckon it's one of the objects that have been described at Area 51.

Maybe Lazar was correct!

The detail in the experience is just awesome. The aspect/encounter with the robotic arm is REALLY interesting. Isn't that what our Mars surveyer robots have done are doing on Mars? Really a fascinating read.

Does sound very interesting. Let's see it be rubbished then by the usual suspects. What approach shall we choose? Rubbishing the credibility of the witnesses is always a favourite in cases this detailed. i expect that's the approach they'll go for. Or perhaps rubbishing it because it's by Linda M. Howe, who according to the usual suspects is a notorious kook and loon.

• Like 2

Does sound very interesting. Let's see it be rubbished then by the usual suspects. What approach shall we choose? Rubbishing the credibility of the witnesses is always a favourite in cases this detailed. i expect that's the approach they'll go for. Or perhaps rubbishing it because it's by Linda M. Howe, who according to the usual suspects is a notorious kook and loon.

All of the above. Plus, mass hallucination and sexual abuse.

• Like 4