Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tantalising Testimony

I actually have been trying that, it does not seem to be working......................

It seems to get me more insults than results.

You can't save 'em all psyche. It's a noble effort though, and one worth pursuing. :tu:

• Like 1

I actually have been trying that, it does not seem to be working......................

It seems to get me more insults than results.

Some insults should be worn like a badge of honor. As far as I'm concerned, you've got a lot of honorable badges, well deserved, and well earned.

• Like 3

You can't save 'em all psyche. It's a noble effort though, and one worth pursuing. :tu:

Thanks mate, but when I meet people like Mr Peda I really have to wonder why I ever bothered.

Some insults should be worn like a badge of honor. As far as I'm concerned, you've got a lot of honorable badges, well deserved, and well earned.

:w00t:

That is an awesome view mate! This hit me like a slap with a wet fish, I really, and I mean really like the way you think bud!

• Like 3

Thats amazing when you say that you prefer properly sourced reports. They could have been written by anyone! Was the author even there?

To quote Psyche "Good God man"!!! You just illustrated that you are completely ignorant not only of one of the classic UFO cases and it's characters, but also with respect to basic research. What do you think those small numbers after the text was (e.g., 136)? Those were references to the sources. Which wouldn't really be necessary as anyone with even a mediocre knowledge of the UFO case would have known what I just referred to without searching. Sometimes some says that there are no stupid questions, but in fact, there are,

facepalm_jim_76437.jpg?w=360&h=450

I could drive a bus through that one Badeskov.

But wait, there is more apparently :wacko:

The simple answer to that is, no you couldn't. You are making illusions for yourself. To be quite honest, you just demonstrated (again) that you don't have the foggiest idea whatsoever about research in general or this particular case specifically. Anybody that is able and willing to do research would:

1. Never say that they could drive a bus through what was stated because they realize it was impossible, or
  2. They would actually drive the bus through because they had found the flaw.

It is crystal clear that you are getting annoyed that people poke holes in your favorite system of belief and you can do absolutely nothing about it - whatsoever. And you know what is stated is correct.

But since you indeed said it, I challenge you, drive the bus through. Show me where the people quoted are wrong or were misquoted.

Interesting to review what does actually constitute evidence?

Yes, indeed. But as Psyche also alluded to, you give all indications that such a discussion with you would be an exercise in futility.

Trace evidence at the scene - mostly confiscated by the military.

Good grief, how naive can you get?

Burned or irradiated patches of earth - well fairly convincing but hardly a smoking gun.

No, no smoking gun. As Psyche also said: burned patches are evidence of something that...uhm...burned.

Photo or video evidence - maybe but too easily hoaxed nowadays. Perhaps photos taken in the 50's and 60's less likely to be hoaxes.

Nonsense. 100 years ago we had 'photographic evidence' of fairies. And people ate it all up. Guess what, they were hoaxed.

That leaves good old witness testimony. One or two may lie, but not hundreds and thousands.

They may not lie, but they may very well be wrong. One report after the other will show you that if you even bothered to look into the reliability of such. Why do I think you will not?

PS what was the point of the video links of the Hessdalen lights?

If you do not even get that, well, read Psyche's post. He explained it to you even though for any researcher worth his salt it should be blatantly obvious. But hey, the Hessdalen phenomena might explain some UFO sightings, so better ignore it completely, eh?

PSS I'm off to London tomorrow.

Have fun. And please do take some time off to look inwards and decide if you really want to go on deceiving yourself like you are currently doing.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Edited by badeskov
  • Like 5

Bad mate.. if you ever get to Oz.. I'm buying the first round :)

Bad mate.. if you ever get to Oz.. I'm buying the first round :)

I'll be there, I hope...better not forget Psyche :P

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

This is really becoming amusing. Atmospheric plasmas are science fiction and properly sourced reports are bus lane ways.

It has passed sad and is now comical. I actually had quite a chuckle at the last page or so, Badeskov, I need a Super-Like button for your last post.

• Like 2

I'll be there, I hope...better not forget Psyche :P

Cheers,

Badeskov

You are not shaking me from that one. ;)

DL, I am in SE QLD, where are you at? I could not agree more mate, I'd love to buy Bade a beer someday.

And dead set, before I leave this earth, one day I am going to make that happen.

• Like 1

This is really becoming amusing. Atmospheric plasmas are science fiction and properly sourced reports are bus lane ways.

It is indeed, in a rather sad way, amusing. As S2F mentioned, some of us must exhibit some morbid masochistic trait since we keep coming back to read and comment on such. I am not sure who it actually tells most about, us or those whose posts we comment on :cry:

It has passed sad and is now comical. I actually had quite a chuckle at the last page or so, Badeskov, I need a Super-Like button for your last post.

Oh, me too. Again, I keep getting images of watching a train wreck in slow motion...

Cheers,

Badeskov

Super-Like for the beer post? :P

• Like 1

You are not shaking me from that one. ;)

DL, I am in SE QLD, where are you at? I could not agree more mate, I'd love to buy Bade a beer someday.

And dead set, before I leave this earth, one day I am going to make that happen.

Oh, we'll definitely make that happen. Can't wait :)

Beer-beer.jpg

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

Mrs Jesse Roestenberg and her children witness an extraordinary event in a village in Staffordshire England 1954. This one caught my attention on two accounts; she saw the pilots in detail, and the shear sincerity of her testimony is compelling.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQSJo-czXUM&feature=related[/media]

http://unhypnotize.c...oestenberg.html

thanks for that zoser...she certainly does come across as sincere and I love her descriptions of the 'beautiful' occupants.....

:tu:

Don't tell me, UFO's have a cloak to prevent photography? Why are the many sighting so poorly supported? And why do we have to go to such great lengths to shoehorn ET into a case? How many people held up the Belgian Photo as proof, and how many refused to accept the confession?

At the risk of feeding the whackos, it is more plausible that UFOs (assuming they are stealth craft of some sort) have selective de-cloaking. Or else, simply project a virtual image. The software to automatically recognise a camera lens is paltry by comparison.

zoser.. there is no such thing as credible testimonies because people are gullible.. lie.. or not very observant.. they will change what they thought they saw to match with what others are saying..

This may be true of Joe Average. One must not mistake the importance of testimony. Take for example, the recent face eating case in Florida. In this day and age, we'd say the eyewitness was hallucinating / saw a trick being played / watched too many zombie movies. But no, because we had a corpse of the attacker and the victim, plus police footage, testimony and video footage, we believed it. We automatically compensate our view of the testimony to fit in with the story. But when there is little corroborating evidence, the memory becomes subject to uncertainty and suggestion. And then of course there is plain old lying. Which occurs often enough, even in the realm of science and peer review. But then, there is no such thing as data which is free from noise. It is something that must be understood and accounted for.

Indeed, the study of medical symptoms is purely based on perception and report, and yet we base treatments around it.

thanks for that zoser...she certainly does come across as sincere and I love her descriptions of the 'beautiful' occupants.....

I don't think I'll even bother watching that video, to be honest.

Edited by Captain Zim

Hi Zim,... Im pretty sure you can do without another eye-witneess telling us their opinion on UFOs.

I sure can.

• Like 1

One must not mistake the importance of testimony.

errrrrrrrrr ok...... :unsure2:

[insert facepalm pic of choice]

:P

At the risk of feeding the whackos, it is more plausible that UFOs (assuming they are stealth craft of some sort) have selective de-cloaking. Or else, simply project a virtual image. The software to automatically recognise a camera lens is paltry by comparison.

[/background][/font][/color]

This may be true of Joe Average. One must not mistake the importance of testimony. Take for example, the recent face eating case in Florida. In this day and age, we'd say the eyewitness was hallucinating / saw a trick being played / watched too many zombie movies. But no, because we had a corpse of the attacker and the victim, plus police footage, testimony and video footage, we believed it. We automatically compensate our view of the testimony to fit in with the story. But when there is little corroborating evidence, the memory becomes subject to uncertainty and suggestion. And then of course there is plain old lying. Which occurs often enough, even in the realm of science and peer review. But then, there is no such thing as data which is free from noise. It is something that must be understood and accounted for.

Indeed, the study of medical symptoms is purely based on perception and report, and yet we base treatments around it.

It does indeed seem that for some the truth is too uncomfortable to bear. Is that what skepticism really is?

Edited by zoser

errrrrrrrrr ok...... :unsure2:

[insert facepalm pic of choice]

:P

Actually, Capt.Zim should be giving facepalm/wall/panel/PC here...

After seeing "revealing" videos my only choice is

rf_fp.gif

I saw bull spoketh... Rrright...

Edited by bmk1245
  • Like 1

It does indeed seem that for some the truth is too uncomfortable to bear. Is that what skepticism really is?

What truth? Fairy tales? "Goblin ate my breakfast" type anecdotes?
  • Like 1

More tantalising testimonies. Don't be put off by Ronnie at the beginning. Buzz himself makes an appearance so does Jimmy and some other high profile witnesses.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slNStoqEjDE[/media]

Recommended part: 5:30 it really gets interesting!

Some 20 years later Major Mansmann who was present at the time the footage was first viewed fully corroborated Jacob's testimony in writing. This is a compelling case, backed up by military testimony,

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/disclosure/briefing/disclosure07.htm

• Like 1

Another excellent testimony and one well known in UFO research. Colonel Robert Salas describes the disarming of 20 Minuteman ICBM's at Malmstrom air force base in Montana in 1967. A short clip but compelling. This had apparently happened at another base close by only 1 week earlier! The Colonel concludes the clip by giving his frank assessment.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by zoser

WOW, that was amazing!!

tired.jpg

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 1

Jim Penniston's testimony of the Bentwaters incident in 1980 England is unique for the simple reason that he and two other US military personnel were able to get close to the craft take photos and make notes. What happened to the photos is anyone's guess but Jim's sketches and notes are available to be read. His is emphatic that he was within feet of a triangular shaped craft approx 9 feet in length that was emitting multi coloured lights and some powerful electrostatic energy that could be felt on the hair and skin.

It completely debunks the idea that what the military saw in the woods that night was a lighthouse or a meteor shower. The person that came up with that theory was obviously not taking account of the evidence which should be a first principle of science or so the skeptics here tell me. Enjoy the clip. There is another clip of Jim in the video 'Out of the Blue' and if anyone would like to see this just let me know. I will also post JIm's sketches later unless someone beats me to it.

This is absolutely fascinating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXt05K3hs-g

I love this one.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 1

Another excellent testimony and one well known in UFO research. Colonel Robert Salas describes the disarming of 20 Minuteman ICBM's at Malmstrom air force base in Montana in 1967. A short clip but compelling. This had apparently happened at another base close by only 1 week earlier! The Colonel concludes the clip by giving his frank assessment.

[media=]

[/media]

The obvious question to ask after watching this is did the same thing happen to Russian missile installations? Well apparently it did.

http://www.ufohastings.com/articles/recent-russian-newspaper-article-discusses-ufo-incidents-at-soviet-and-american-nuclear-weapons-sites