Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tantalising Testimony

"On 11-03-71 Mr. Lester Ensbarger of 416 Argyle St. in Minneapolis advised Deputy Sheriff Leonard Simpson that at approx. 7:30 p.m. 11-02-71 he had observed a bright light descending in the sky in the Delphos area."

And I bet there's even more to it than that, if you care to look up the whole history. Don't believe me; do your own homework. LOL

"On 11-03-71 Mr. Lester Ensbarger of 416 Argyle St. in Minneapolis advised Deputy Sheriff Leonard Simpson that at approx. 7:30 p.m. 11-02-71 he had observed a bright light descending in the sky in the Delphos area."

And I bet there's even more to it than that, if you care to look up the whole history. Don't believe me; do your own homework. LOL

The kids sighting was at 6:30, not 7:30...you said it "came from the sky, left trace marks, went back in the sky", posting a sighting of an hour later doesn't show the 6:30 sighting "came from the sky, left trace marks, and went back into the sky"...so post the link that shows the witness testimony that proves you are correct?

Also, please address the issue of accusing me of saying it didn't fly into the sky, when I clearly didn't say that, or retract your statement.

• Like 1

The kids sighting was at 6:30, not 7:30...you said it "came from the sky, left trace marks, went back in the sky", posting a sighting of an hour later doesn't show the 6:30 sighting "came from the sky, left trace marks, and went back into the sky"...so post the link that shows the witness testimony that proves you are correct?

Also, please address the issue of accusing me of saying it didn't fly into the sky, when I clearly didn't say that, or retract your statement.

First, you will have to look into this case in a lot more detail, and you will see I was right all along and you were wrong.

First, you will have to look into this case in a lot more detail, and you will see I was right all along and you were wrong.

You made the claim - back up your own claim, or retract it.

• Like 1

Zoser, I think this phenomena has more than one answer. Many answers actually. In my opinion the biggest answer is most likely naturally occurring terrestrial atmospheric phenomena; such as plasmas, sprites, ball lightning, etc. There are of course also misidentified aircraft and other man made objects like balloons, Chinese lanterns, RC toys, flares, satellites, and even sky divers... not to mention hoaxes.

But what we have a hell of a lot more to learn about are those naturally occurring terrestrial atmospheric phenomena.

Probably Venus. Probably Jupiter. He read the manual from Project Blue Book. How many phony "explanations": did they slap on UFO reports while investigating nothing?

Probably Venus. Probably Jupiter. He read the manual from Project Blue Book. How many phony "explanations": did they slap on UFO reports while investigating nothing?

Are you trying to claim now that Venus, Jupiter, and other prosaic things have never been reported as UFOs?

Or is this just a continuation of your character assassination campaign against anyone who posts something that you disagree with?

Or is this just a continuation of your character assassination campaign against anyone who posts something that you disagree with?

Usually it's more a case of self-assassination, but I just point out the distortions and discrepancies in the "explanations" offered.

Then I suggest you post the witness report that states they see it descend from the sky?

So where do you think it came from? Was it just sitting there for months and years and no one noticed it?

DelphosDiagram.jpg

Usually it's more a case of self-assassination, but I just point out the distortions and discrepancies in the "explanations" offered.

Do you mean like the distortion about how the UFO that Ron Johnson witnessed at 6:30 PM (or maybe 7:00 PM, depending on the source) came down from the sky, and then trying to support that assertion from an eye witness who reported a bright light descending in the area at 7:30 PM?

Is that the kind of distortion and discrepancy that you like to point out?

"Both Thaddia Smith and Sheriff Enlow told Ted Phillips in 1972 that the Johnsons were well respected in the area and that they did not believe that it was possible that the family could be perpetrating a hoax.

The dog would furiously try to get into the house at nightfall.

The day after the incident, Ronald's eyes became red and watered as though from irritation. For a week after the incident he had nightmares from which he awoke screaming.

Even the animals were traumatized by the sighting. Vallee says:

For about two weeks, every evening at sunset, the sheep would jump out of the pen and run wildly. The dog would furiously try to get into the house at nightfall. He practically destroyed the screen door, and the only way to keep him outside was to replace it with a stronger metal door.

An adequate explanation for the Delphos incident has never been found. "

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCYQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fufoevidence.org%2Fcases%2Fcase192.htm&ei=cBpWUMSSLqno2QWGzoHgAQ&usg=AFQjCNGyyEvpAMGccDPhshK7RrhAirlAtQ&sig2=-TK-H34ewzFh45JJikN33w

Do you mean like the distortion about how the UFO that Ron Johnson witnessed at 6:30 PM (or maybe 7:00 PM, depending on the source) came down from the sky, and then trying to support that assertion from an eye witness who reported a bright light descending in the area at 7:30 PM?

Is that the kind of distortion and discrepancy that you like to point out?

Just admit it. You didn't know about any other witnesses at all and neither did Sky Scannner. If you did you never mentioned it.

All the times given were "approximate" anyway.

Maybe you "skeptics" think it was some kind of gigantic Magic Mushroom that just grew there and then flew away one day. That sounds like something Project Blue Book would have come up with.

Just admit it. You didn't know about any other witnesses at all and neither did Sky Scannner. If you did you never mentioned it.

What does that have to do with your accusations McG? Here, I'll quote your accusations again lest you forgot about them:

Yes, I'll look at it if you promise to do this honestly. Frankly, my experience with the anti-UFO types on here has been that most of them are not straight shooters at all. Like I said, even when it came to that UFO landing case in Delphos in 1971 they lied about the evidence and distorted it, and I just showed a very blatant example of that.

They said that the UFO did not take off and go back up into the sky when the witness said it did. How can they lie more blatantly than that?

The Sky Scanner and others just got caught out distorting important evidence about the Delphos UFO landing case, and they certainly don't like it when I do that--as I have done many times.

I do not think that most of them are here to discuss UFO cases at all but to try to stop discussion.

Remember those?

Character assassination, pure and simple.

Is this more of the distortions and discrepancies that you like to point out?

Hand wave away any details that conflict with your preferred version of events?

The facts don't fit with my position? Well those facts must be A. incorrect, B. falsified, C. approximate, D. unrelated, E. [insert other reason of your choosing].

(edit to fix formatting of ABC list)

Edited by booNyzarC
  • Like 1

You are without doubt one of the worst researchers I have ever come across. I was not asked to mention other witnesses by Zoser, I was asked a specific question, which was what do I think the cause of the ufo was? do you understand that simple question? your reply of "I can do better then that" and then posting "it came from the sky, left grounds traces, flew off into the sky" has no bearing on the question asked. Do you understand that simple point? yes or no?

I said "origin unknown" in reply to Zosers question, and the conclusion from the link you just cut and pasted ended with "An adequate explanation for the Delphos incident has never been found."...which is the same as what I said.

Also, your distortion of who and what was said about it going back into the sky, and confusing that with your assumptions of it descending from the sky has not been forgotten, and I will keep bringing it up until you address it.

• Like 1

So where do you think it came from? Was it just sitting there for months and years and no one noticed it?

DelphosDiagram.jpg

Jeez, this is like talking to a 4yr old. Ok MacG, I can see we need to keep discussions about ufo's nice a simple for you. So lets start with an easy one for you, then we'll go from there.

Do you understand what the term Origin Unknown means, yes or no?

The big problem is the use of too many mushrooms and the lack of of enough sleep before one post such details !

Just thought that I'd give my 2 cents worth on the Delphos ring here....

I first heard about this case a couple of years ago, [probably from that great researcher, Karl 12!] and thought that though interesting enough,...the actual story itself was nothing too remarkable!...It was just one more great claim that just might be true?...but then again...it's just a matter of witness-believability!...And as the primary witness was a lone teenager...then it would be just one of those stories that was destined to sink into obscurity!...However!...imo, the saving grace for this particular extraordinary teenage-tale , was that there was actually a chance of some supportive 'physical-evidence'....ie, the mothers after effects need addressing! And then there is the statement of Mr Lester Ensbarger! and not least is The ring itself , and the results of the work done by Ted Phillips and the scientific analysis are in my view, very interesting....

And then I came across this article in which young Ronald claimed that the encounter had temporarily given him 'Psychic powers', and that it caused him to have visions of 'The Delphos Wolf Girl'?....

http://www.mysteriouspeople.com/Delphos_girl2.htm

...Now that doesn't necessarily negate the lad's claimed UFO encounter...[Who really knows if there might be supernatural side-effects from a real encounter?]...But then , you can call me fickle if you like....but combined with the fact that Ronald Johnson was a 'sixteen year old boy' , [ which I have had three of myself...and know a little of how their minds can work] plus the paranormal egging on the cake....I wouldn't be too surprised if there turned out to be 'a touch of the Walter Mitty's about young Ronald!?' :unsure2:

Cheers.

• Like 1

Jeez, this is like talking to a 4yr old. Ok MacG, I can see we need to keep discussions about ufo's nice a simple for you. So lets start with an easy one for you, then we'll go from there.

Do you understand what the term Origin Unknown means, yes or no?

That's not what I think it was. No, not at all. What I really think is that it was Col. Mustard in the outhouse with a spittoon, but then you'll just come back and say I don't have a Clue.

suspect.mustard.jpg

Just thought that I'd give my 2 cents worth on the Delphos ring here....

I first heard about this case a couple of years ago, [probably from that great researcher, Karl 12!] and thought that though interesting enough,...the actual story itself was nothing too remarkable!...It was just one more great claim that just might be true?...but then again...it's just a matter of witness-believability!...And as the primary witness was a lone teenager...then it would be just one of those stories that was destined to sink into obscurity!...However!...imo, the saving grace for this particular extraordinary teenage-tale , was that there was actually a chance of some supportive 'physical-evidence'....ie, the mothers after effects need addressing! And then there is the statement of Mr Lester Ensbarger! and not least is The ring itself , and the results of the work done by Ted Phillips and the scientific analysis are in my view, very interesting....

And then I came across this article in which young Ronald claimed that the encounter had temporarily given him 'Psychic powers', and that it caused him to have visions of 'The Delphos Wolf Girl'?....

http://www.mysteriou...lphos_girl2.htm

...Now that doesn't necessarily negate the lad's claimed UFO encounter...[Who really knows if there might be supernatural side-effects from a real encounter?]...But then , you can call me fickle if you like....but combined with the fact that Ronald Johnson was a 'sixteen year old boy' , [ which I have had three of myself...and know a little of how their minds can work] plus the paranormal egging on the cake....I wouldn't be too surprised if there turned out to be 'a touch of the Walter Mitty's about young Ronald!?' :unsure2:

Cheers.

Yes I agree with your reasoning. Let's also not forget that here is a young rural lad who is far more interested in the problems of herding cattle and in all likelihood has never even heard of flying saucers. What would his motive have been for fabricating such a story? The adults who saw it too! Were they hoping for a book deal or a movie deal? Were they as someone suggested taking narcotic substances? Of course not. Then there is the trace evidence, and the follow up investigation etc.

It's all very difficult to dismiss and explain away in mundane terms. I already mentioned Stephen Michalak that was mentioned on this thread recently. What about Edwin Fuhr also in Canada? Or Renato Nicolai from Trans en Provence in France? You will find them all on this thread. If you have never heard of these folk please Google them. They have stories to tell that are uncannily similar and not one of them I bet gives a cows hoof for UFO's.

Edited by zoser

That's not what I think it was. No, not at all. What I really think is that it was Col. Mustard in the outhouse with a spittoon, but then you'll just come back and say I don't have a Clue.

suspect.mustard.jpg

You genuinely do not understand simple questions do you - again, do you understand what the term "origin unknown" means?

You are without doubt one of the worst researchers I have ever come across. I was not asked to mention other witnesses by Zoser, I was asked a specific question, which was what do I think the cause of the ufo was? do you understand that simple question? your reply of "I can do better then that" and then posting "it came from the sky, left grounds traces, flew off into the sky" has no bearing on the question asked. Do you understand that simple point? yes or no?

You are without doubt no researcher of any kind, although you talk a good game. You pretended that you knew a lot more about this case that you actually did, and I caught you out, just as I have done with many others on here.

Have you had enough or do you want some more? I assure you there is more but you will have to look for it instead of ranting and complaining about me.

You know Boony, that old reply reminds me of someone else, difference being though that our old pal skyeagle would run rings around this clown with his eyes shut.

Ah, that thought just came to me :P

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 2

Is this more of the distortions and discrepancies that you like to point out?

Hand wave away any details that conflict with your preferred version of events?

The facts don't fit with my position? Well those facts must be A. incorrect, B. falsified, C. approximate, D. unrelated, E. [insert other reason of your choosing].

To assassinate someone's character they have to have character in the first place, but you guys just can't stand to admit that you really didn't know anything about this Delphos case and couldn't be bothered to look for it.

Either than or you just withheld that additional information.

If I wanted to "hand wave", which I never do, it would look something like this. Remember it for future reference.

You are without doubt no researcher of any kind, although you talk a good game. You pretended that you knew a lot more about this case that you actually did, and I caught you out, just as I have done with many others on here.

Have you had enough or do you want some more? I assure you there is more but you will have to look for it instead of ranting and complaining about me.

You don't understand what is being discussed, hence replying with unrelated replies. You haven't caught anyone out, you have been shown to blatantly lie and make up stuff in order to try and make out someone said something they didn't, and when it's pointed out to you you are to gutless to admit your mistake.

More? LOL ...yeah go for it...you're embarrassing to watch, but please carry on..

• Like 1