Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Quick question for the limeys

OverSword

Yes, wealthy statesmen the world over do this all the time. Did you people over there see George H. W. Bush and Bill Clinton working in Jamaica?

Yep in the Banana plantations, loading up the bananas for export..maybe our Tony Blair could join them ! he is looking for a job back in Gov't (dread the thought),sorry if I "bit" you a few posts back, I didn't mean any offence ok !

If you're going to throw in all the others I'll have to up the stakes as well... For Mr. Clegg (whom I must admit I have no knowledge of)

i needn't worry about that, no one here does either

• Like 1

Like the old saying goes....'There's only one man who ever entered the Houses of Parliament with the right idea - Guy Fawkes!'

• Like 1

'Inbred greedy weirdos'....this from somebody from the country that produced George W. Bush, a man so thick he could bearing string a sentence together without making up totally ficticious words. Or Bill 'better take that dress to the cleaners tomorrow monica' Clinton. Or J. Edger 'call me sally' Hoover.

Those are only the ones that happened to make it into politics and the public eye...they have to be at least mildly likeable to the majority.

You should see some of the people I work with... GWB looks like a genius by comparison.

There's actually no way of calculating how much tourist money can be directly credited to the presence of the Queen. Tourists are attracted to London for many reasons. I think we can safely say though that 'billions per year' is laughably wide of the mark.

Big royal occasions like royal weddings and jubilees get the foreign tourists flooding in and they spend LOTS of money when they are here.

Who said anything about a republic? To say the only choices we have are the monarchy or a republic is as daft as saying the only choices we have for government are Labour and Conservative. Some outside-the-box thinking is desperately needed.

Is it possible to be neither a monarchy nor a republic? And is it worth adopting this mysterious and little-known system of governance when we already have a perfectly good system of governance already?

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

@ TheLastLazyGun: hmmmm, and we have a royal wedding every what? 30yrs? Jubilees are every 25 years ........ but hey, I'm sure London(and only London), appreciates the cash.

'We already have a perfectly good system of governance' ...... we'll just have to agree to disagree about that.