Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

boy 'sits up in coffin at his own funeral

sean6

Dead' Brazilian boy 'sits up in coffin at his own funeral and asks for WATER before lying back down lifeless'

A two-year-old boy sat up in his coffin and asked for water before laying back down again lifeless, according to a Brazilian news website.

In a case that seems almost too incredible to be true, ORM claimed that Kelvin Santos stopped breathing during treatment for pneumonia at a hospital in Belem, northern Brazil.

He was declared dead at 7.40pm on Friday and his body was handed over to his family in a plastic bag.

http://www.dailymail...g-lifeless.html

Edited by sean6
  • Like 1

If its true, that's heart wrenching! You never see this happen in developed countries. Such a sad story. :(

They still buried him....goodness... I don't know what to make of this story... So very sad..

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 2

No way did he ask for water.... sat up OK I get that. But ask for water... no... not buying it... sensational.

What's the word for water there. Could it have been air escaping through the vocal chords when the body sat up?

• Like 2

I doubt it's 100% true, but seeing that must be horrible.

If he'd asked for Coke I would have believed it but I'm tending to agree with AusDerBox.

Cool story though and one which will sprout wings in the telling, no doubt.

I doubt it's 100% true, but seeing that must be horrible.

I dunno what to think... Do you remember the story of the woman who's baby was pronounced dead at birth... only to be placed into a morgue..The mother went back to take one last look at her newborn girl... The drawrer in the morgue was opened where the child was.. and the little newborn baby girl moved letting out a tiny whimper... She was alive........ and still is alive... This made the news...........

What they did was, pronounce her dead ...but failed to realise her little body had just went into hibernation, which gave off no life signs....Iti s said that it is rare to happen but it has been known to happen...

Baby girl is alive and well now... But it gives you something to think about...

If you didn't get to read that story... Here is is...see below..

(CBS/AP) A newborn baby named Luz Milagros has astonished doctors and police as she recovers in an Argentinean hospital. Her name, which translates to "Miracle Light," is rather fitting, considering the baby girl was pronounced dead 20 minutes after she was born, only to be discovered alive in a coffin in the morgue 12 hours later.

The girl's mother, Analia Bouter, said she feel to her knees in shock after finding that her "stillborn" baby was alive. The tiny girl was born three months prematurely, but is in critical but improving condition at the hospital.

The case became public Tuesday when Rafael Sabatinelli, the deputy health minister in the northern province of Chaco, announced in a news conference that five medical professionals involved have been suspended pending an official investigation.

Bouter told the TeleNoticias TV channel in an interview Tuesday night that doctors gave her the death certificate moments after the girl was born, and that she still hasn't received a birth certificate. She said the baby was quickly put in a coffin and taken to the morgue's refrigeration room. Twelve hours passed before she and her husband were able to open the coffin to say their last goodbyes.

That's when the baby trembled, she said. Bouter thought it was her imagination - then she realized the little girl was alive and dropped to her knees on the morgue floor in shock.

A morgue worker quickly picked up the girl and confirmed she was alive. Then, Bouter's brother grabbed the baby and ran to the hospital's neonatal intensive care unit, shouting for the doctors. The baby was so cold, Bouter said, that "it was like carrying a bottle of ice."

A week later, the baby is improving. But Bouter still has many unanswered questions about what happened. She said she had given birth normally to four other children and doesn't understand why doctors gave her general anesthesia this time. She said she also doesn't know why she wasn't allowed to see her baby before it was put into a coffin..............Read more -> http://www.cbsnews.c...ours-in-morgue/

I saw the news and read it on line too... So with this story of the two year old...is bugging me...What if he too had slipped in to hibernation and was not really dead?

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I would have been inclined to delay a hell of a lot longer than one hour under those circumstances before going ahead with the burial.

See this is why I wondered why they buried him so fast... They could have waited and got some help...

they should have at least waited a few days before burying him again in case he wakes up again

• Like 2

I dunno what to think... Do you remember the story of the woman who's baby was pronounced dead at birth... only to be placed into a morgue..The mother went back to take one last look at her newborn girl... The drawrer in the morgue was opened where the child was.. and the little newborn baby girl moved letting out a tiny whimper... She was alive........ and still is alive... This made the news...........

What they did was, pronounce her dead ...but failed to realise her little body had just went into hibernation, which gave off no life signs....Iti s said that it is rare to happen but it has been known to happen...

Baby girl is alive and well now... But it gives you something to think about...

If you didn't get to read that story... Here is is...see below..

(CBS/AP) A newborn baby named Luz Milagros has astonished doctors and police as she recovers in an Argentinean hospital. Her name, which translates to "Miracle Light," is rather fitting, considering the baby girl was pronounced dead 20 minutes after she was born, only to be discovered alive in a coffin in the morgue 12 hours later.

The girl's mother, Analia Bouter, said she feel to her knees in shock after finding that her "stillborn" baby was alive. The tiny girl was born three months prematurely, but is in critical but improving condition at the hospital.

The case became public Tuesday when Rafael Sabatinelli, the deputy health minister in the northern province of Chaco, announced in a news conference that five medical professionals involved have been suspended pending an official investigation.

Bouter told the TeleNoticias TV channel in an interview Tuesday night that doctors gave her the death certificate moments after the girl was born, and that she still hasn't received a birth certificate. She said the baby was quickly put in a coffin and taken to the morgue's refrigeration room. Twelve hours passed before she and her husband were able to open the coffin to say their last goodbyes.

That's when the baby trembled, she said. Bouter thought it was her imagination - then she realized the little girl was alive and dropped to her knees on the morgue floor in shock.

A morgue worker quickly picked up the girl and confirmed she was alive. Then, Bouter's brother grabbed the baby and ran to the hospital's neonatal intensive care unit, shouting for the doctors. The baby was so cold, Bouter said, that "it was like carrying a bottle of ice."

A week later, the baby is improving. But Bouter still has many unanswered questions about what happened. She said she had given birth normally to four other children and doesn't understand why doctors gave her general anesthesia this time. She said she also doesn't know why she wasn't allowed to see her baby before it was put into a coffin..............Read more -> http://www.cbsnews.c...ours-in-morgue/

I saw the news and read it on line too... So with this story of the two year old...is bugging me...What if he too had slipped in to hibernation and was not really dead?

I can't remember if I read that. There has been a few like it though. Thanks for psoting it though, it's a nice story, but the mother must have went through some weird feelings and emotions during that.

But what I meant was more the fact he spoke cause if he had, would they really bury him an hour later? (I know I wouldn't!)

Seems weird.

Those stories are weird. Maybe bodies should be watched over for longer after "death" now or somehting. It would be a nightmar eot think you buried someone alive... Another reason i want to be cremated... Would rather my body be burnt if I was in that hibernation condition than wake up later buried... EUGH.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 2

There could be some truth to this in some strange way... doubt the water though lol.. no way.

There could be some truth to this in some strange way... doubt the water though lol.. no way.

See this is why I wondered why they buried him so fast... They could have waited and got some help...

They took the doctors word for it. A few centuries ago it wasn't uncommon for people to accidently be buried alive after they were pronounced dead.

But what I meant was more the fact he spoke cause if he had, would they really bury him an hour later? (I know I wouldn't!)

I know.. it is too weird... I do not get why they did that ...it baffles me Ohh I forgot to mention why I posted the news story before.. I just wanted to point out how doctors can make a rare mistake like that. and I felt that could have been the same thing with the two year old boy

They took the doctors word for it. A few centuries ago it wasn't uncommon for people to accidently be buried alive after they were pronounced dead.

Yes at the time of death... But I am speaking about after he sat up.. I do not get why the parents couldn't see that the doctors were wrong 1st time. .and go seek more help.. But they buried him an hour later.. it doesnt add up..

I know.. it is too weird... I do not get why they did that ...it baffles me Ohh I forgot to mention why I posted the news story before.. I just wanted to point out how doctors can make a rare mistake like that. and I felt that could have been the same thing with the two year old boy

Oh I see, yeah I've encountered malpractice before as well so i know Doctors can be wrong or not doing their job properly. I'm not saying it's their fault always though. They are only human too.

Edited by Coffey

If this happened with my daughter, I'd sit there with the while it decomposed for 3 months begore I put her into the ground. That's if I didn't freak out when she had risen the first time, screamed, "ZOMBIE!!!" & chopped her head ofc.

• Like 1

Yes at the time of death... But I am speaking about after he sat up.. I do not get why the parents couldn't see that the doctors were wrong 1st time. .and go seek more help.. But they buried him an hour later.. it doesnt add up..

No it doesn't add up. But most people trust their doctors and think that they are always right. They don't realize that a doctor can only go on what they see as well as what you tell them. Plus, there are still things that rarely happen that many doctors aren't trained to look for, such as the body going into hybernation as you mentioned before. Which is possible in this situation since the boy was sick at the time, the body can shut its self down in order to protect its self as well as fight the illness.

Hmmm... Remind me not to "die" over there.

They prolly all screamed ZOMBIE and chopped off his head.

I believe, if I'm not mistaken that in Italy they had bells attached to the caskets and if the person should be buried alive they were able to ring the bell to indicate that they aren't dead.

If this happened with my daughter, I'd sit there with the while it decomposed for 3 months begore I put her into the ground. That's if I didn't freak out when she had risen the first time, screamed, "ZOMBIE!!!" & chopped her head ofc.

:blink: Amazing in this day and age, people still think zombies exist

No it doesn't add up. But most people trust their doctors and think that they are always right. They don't realize that a doctor can only go on what they see as well as what you tell them. Plus, there are still things that rarely happen that many doctors aren't trained to look for, such as the body going into hybernation as you mentioned before. Which is possible in this situation since the boy was sick at the time, the body can shut its self down in order to protect its self as well as fight the illness.

I still find it odd they buried him so fast....

:blink: Amazing in this day and age, people still think zombies exist

I still find it odd they buried him so fast....

there's no telling what was going through their minds at the time. Who knows, they may be thinking the same thing right now and maybe regretting going on with the burial so soon.