Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

boy 'sits up in coffin at his own funeral

sean6

I wouldn't have buried so soon. Do they not embalm over there? Daily Mail. Dunno.

there's no telling what was going through their minds at the time. Who knows, they may be thinking the same thing right now and maybe regretting going on with the burial so soon.

When my baby girl died back in 2010...She was not cremated for a week later....I recall wishing non stop - Please just please wake up...

So I think I would have acted so desperate if it were my kid who sat up and I think Wouldn't have wanted to bury them so fast...

Kid woke up and realised he was still in Brazil.

Said screw this.

• Like 2

Kid woke up and realised he was still in Brazil.

Said screw this.

Well there was a waste of forum space

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

oh my GOD!!!! Why the hell would they wait ONLY ONE HOUR before going thru with the burial?!?! I would have waited a whole other week before even preparing for it to make sure that he was really gone this time. Obviously they were wrong before, what keeps them from being wrong a second or even third time!?!?!? I want so badly to go there and dig him up to make sure...I am going to have the most incredible nightmares now about this child being buried alive....

• Like 1

I wouldn't have buried so soon. Do they not embalm over there? Daily Mail. Dunno.

That is exactly what I was about to ask.

I was thinking the same thing don't they drain all the blood out of your body and fill you with embalming fluid before burial?

Hmmm. Well, I hope I wake up from my own funeral.

Ugh, with the way the world is going, nevermind.

Bad humor moment... isn't this why they call it a wake?

::shame::

• Like 3

this is so sad the poor child is probably in his coffin right now banging his little fists on the wood. i wish people had more common sense. this makes me sad

If its any consolation to those fearing the worst. If he was still alive which I do not think even for a moment. But if he was as the oxygen started to dwindle he would have peacefully went to sleep and passed away again in a manner that would not have been terrible at all. And it would have happened within the first few hours. If it allows you feel a little easier I hope I helped.

I think it is the saddest thing.

But as well on the dark side of humour, they should of left a cell phone in coffin, in case.

• Like 1

Not to sound too harsh, but I think too many of you are being taken in by a hoax here. It would appear to me that the father and family have seen an opportunity to make some money from the boy's death by going down the medical malpractice route. I could be wrong, but I am very wary of this story. I don't see any loving parent being prepared to bury their child so soon had they really sat up and asked for water. It just doesn't ring true to me.

When my baby girl died back in 2010...She was not cremated for a week later....I recall wishing non stop - Please just please wake up...

So I think I would have acted so desperate if it were my kid who sat up and I think Wouldn't have wanted to bury them so fast...

I've had the oppertunity to help my mom raise my baby brother. If any thing liked that happened I wouldn't want to burry him so fast either.

• Like 1

I'm wondering if this actually happened, or if it was imagined then accepted and sensationalised with the rest of the crowd.

Not to sound too harsh, but I think too many of you are being taken in by a hoax here. It would appear to me that the father and family have seen an opportunity to make some money from the boy's death by going down the medical malpractice route. I could be wrong, but I am very wary of this story. I don't see any loving parent being prepared to bury their child so soon had they really sat up and asked for water. It just doesn't ring true to me.

I wouldn't go to that extreme - villifying the parents. To proceed with the malpractice suit they would want the body re-examined and true time of death established. Burying the child would be counterproductive.

*Oops I just re-read the article and they did take the boy back to hospital* - something don't sit right there, how could the funeral only be delayed 1 hour if there was a rush to the hospital and back again?

It could have been release of gases, dead bodies do move quite a bit. A "relative" or friend would be more likely a source of "did you hear him say he wanted a glass of water?" than the grieving family just out of gossipy superstition to start, a few "misquotes" later and you have this sensationalised tale circulating the media.

Edited by libstaK

this is so sad the poor child is probably in his coffin right now banging his little fists on the wood. i wish people had more common sense. this makes me sad

This actually happened to an old lady back in the day. She banged and scratched on the coffin to get out, but no one could hear her. The story goes as her husband was dreaming about her banging on the coffin, and had a strange feeling he needed to check it out. Come to find out that they unburied his wife to find scratch marks on on wooden coffin. It's scary to think of getting buried alive, and if the story of this little boy is true, then I truly feel sorry for him suffocating to try and get out. Being buried alive is actually a phobia of mine. It's just terrible to imagine being buried alive under dirt, in the dark, suffocating, and that no one can hear you banging and screaming to get out.

Edited by xSilverMistx

Odd story. Feel bad for the family.

What's the word for water there. Could it have been air escaping through the vocal chords when the body sat up?

The Portugese translation is ygua.

Embalming is not practiced everywhere. There are still many religions that forbid it.

I thought there was a 3 day hold on dead odies or is that just australia?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Omg, that would be horrible if he were alive when they put him in the ground. But, then again, wouldn't it be much worse if they'd decided on cremation? *shudder* It doesn't bear thinking about...

What's so "unbelievable" about this? And fyi, most Brazilians speak Portuguese, so the word for water would be "agua."

Edited by UFO_Monster

Incredible, if true. The little boy didn't just say 'water', he apparently said, "Daddy, can I have a drink of water?" [!] Then they rushed him back to the hospital - as you would.

Wow. You wouldn't forget that in a hurry.