Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Baltic Anomaly Updates.

Looks natural to me,with an outside chance of being manmade.

Several points-- The time frame that Ocean Explorers has imposed upon themselves-- images of the object and more substantive information to be released within a few days, is reasonable. The vague initial reports could mean that they weren't certain what they were looking at right away. Underwater visibility in the Baltic Sea is reportedly limited to a few feet. The object could be covered over with clay, which lines the floor of the Baltic Sea, obscuring its nature. That it was deemed amazing at first glance suggests that a significant discovery may be in the offing.

***** The object on the Baltic Sea floor is approximately 60 meters (about 200 feet) in diameter. The confusion about 60 feet came up when one source converted 60 meters to 60 feet. The experimental Russian round, ironclad ships of the 19th century which some have suggested as an explanation, were only about 30 meters in diameter, and are known to have been 'junked' on land. Roundish parts of ships, such as gun turrets are similarly, too small.

*****The SONAR image of the object secured last year was admittedly poor. It merely provided a hint of something worth investigating more carefully, with better equipment. That is what is being done right now. That it was possible to relocate the object and confirm it visually seems to show that it is something real and significant.

*****Various natural explanations have been attempted. Those involving a depression in the sea floor were negated when a three dimensional analysis of the SONAR data revealed an object protruding up from the bottom. Convex natural features such as volcanoes and hot springs mounds sound plausible, except that there is no evidence of any hot springs or volcanic activity in Sweden now, or in the past.

From the looks of the image, the object looks like it is flat on top? Am I not interpreting this correctly? And all the ufo "flying saucers" I have seen pictures of have tapered edges. Wouldn't an object with tapered edges look different in a sonar image? Any one know?

..it was possible to relocate the object and confirm it visually

Pardon? Where may I find this information, and the pictures to go with it?

..a three dimensional analysis of the SONAR data revealed an object protruding up from the bottom.

Again, can you point me to this 'analysis'?

The latest reports on the ocean explorer website make it plain that the object was found again. They also give the reactions of the divers to what they'd seen. Photographs and more information are promised within a few days. http://www.oceanexplorer.se

***** The three dimensional sonar image is at: http://www.ufoeyes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/baltic-sea-ufo-sonar-584x187.jpg

While they may look like aliens by our standards, we don't know what they were representing. I think it's quite a leap to assume they were panting aliens.

If you saw Sigourney Weaver in the original movie, you'd understand why the aliens were panting.

I heard quite a few people discussing this at work this morning. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for the most exciting possibility.. Even if it is the most unlikely! :alien::yes:

Edited by Legaia

DId anyone ever find where Puff the Magic Dragon got shot down ? Maybe its the Dragon Tail ?

k i m sure its an UFO aliens :D . wait a week eh? so they can edit the pictures . and think of something to cover everything up ! .. .. i bet they would do sumthing like that . !

The week delay does seem fishy. Why wait a week? If it is anything special/out of this world a week will allow government spooks and such the chance to freak them out. Why can't they just release it now? O_o

The week delay does seem fishy. Why wait a week? If it is anything special/out of this world a week will allow government spooks and such the chance to freak them out. Why can't they just release it now? O_o

Why would your Government spooks wish to freak them out,so you've already decided its alien then and nothing else..

Why would your Government spooks wish to freak them out,so you've already decided its alien then and nothing else..

So you've already decided that I've already decided it's alien then and nothing else? Because if you read carefully, I said "if". Guess English is not your native language.

Let's say it is an alien spacecraft, assuming that governments cover-up such things, this information/conformation of aliens would need covering up. Therefore, those who discovered the craft would need to be silenced, threatened or bribed to keep the details secret, to release fake/wrong information or to pass it off as nothing more than an oddly shaped natural creation. Or whatever. If the investigators/divers released information such as it's "amazing" then they can upload pictures and or comments about what it truly is. Even in basic details, saying "It's rock" or "It's an old ship" or "It isn't man made" or whatever would be easy. The week long gap before they release any pictures/information would allow any government officials to go to them, determine what it is, then act accordingly. I'm sure it's already being done because one hypothesis is that it's a natural gas deposit, which would be worth money, since it's in international waters, government agencies would prefer having extra time to put legal proceedings on claiming it into effect.

So on, so forth. Next time, read carefully and don't assume anything.

If you see anything that can't be immediately explained then it has to be an alien spacecraft! Those are the rules!

(or a ghost, or bigfoot)

• Like 1

If one can make money on it Then One will see more about it !

if you dig sumthing up you .. and if you are not sure what it is .you could assume what it is........and that you need more time to confirm ,that it is what they think it is...

you dont say... WOW i m amazed WOW ! okay this is what we do . we alrdy taken pictures and all .. lets wait a week before we release it !

uhhhhh? (-o='.'=)-O (x'.'=) HELLLLLO?

ooh its nature wow i m so amazed..... uhhhhh? (-o='.'=)-O (x'.'=) HELLLLLO?

ship wrecked . russian .....wow i m amazed ! uhhhhh? (-o='.'=)-O (x'.'=) HELLLLLO?

Lost civilisation ... wow i am amazed !! lets tell the world a week later ! uhhhhh? (-o='.'=)-O (x'.'=) HELLLLLO?

UFO .. wow amazed ... 1 week cover up ! uhhhhh? (-o='.'=)-O (x'.'=) HELLLLLO? correct one ! 1 week later = news= we were so amazed . by the fact that it is possible . that nature could create such a wonderfull rock formation ! at the bottom of the sea . ! SURE !!! i would believe it ! sureeee ....

if you dig sumthing up you .. and if you are not sure what it is .you could assume what it is........and that you need more time to confirm ,that it is what they think it is...

you dont say... WOW i m amazed WOW ! okay this is what we do . we alrdy taken pictures and all .. lets wait a week before we release it !

uhhhhh? (-o='.'=)-O (x'.'=) HELLLLLO?

ooh its nature wow i m so amazed..... uhhhhh? (-o='.'=)-O (x'.'=) HELLLLLO?

ship wrecked . russian .....wow i m amazed ! uhhhhh? (-o='.'=)-O (x'.'=) HELLLLLO?

Lost civilisation ... wow i am amazed !! lets tell the world a week later ! uhhhhh? (-o='.'=)-O (x'.'=) HELLLLLO?

UFO .. wow amazed ... 1 week cover up ! uhhhhh? (-o='.'=)-O (x'.'=) HELLLLLO? correct one ! 1 week later = news= we were so amazed . by the fact that it is possible . that nature could create such a wonderfull rock formation ! at the bottom of the sea . ! SURE !!! i would believe it ! sureeee ....

Wow.. Just wow.

If they were planning on covering anything up, why the hell would they even release info that they were going back to investigate? Why would they say that they are "amazed" by what they have found?

I read that post twice and I still don't know what it said.

Edited by Vance665
  • Like 2

I read that post twice and I still don't know what it said.

Hahaha, I know man.

I think he was trying to relay his opinions on the matter in an overly sarcastic manner.

I could be wrong, but I think temporarily withholding information is common practice when an expedition involves investors.

The investors want, and deserve, first stab.

And, more analysis is often needed. Say, for example, they report that the structure is metal. So what! Half the world will shout UFO and the other half will shout wartime shipwreck. Serves no purpose at all.

Let the divers and scientists do their work. IT TAKES TIME.

Besides which, it's just a big Oreo cookie anyway.

• Like 1

From wikipedia....

"The Baltic Sea somewhat resembles ariverbed, with two tributaries, the Gulf of Finlandand Gulf of Bothnia. Geological surveys show that before the Pleistocene instead of the Baltic Sea, there was a wide plain around a big river called the Eridanos. Several glaciationepisodes during the Pleistocene scooped out the river bed into the sea basin. By the time of the last, or Eemian Stage (MIS 5e), the Eemian sea was in place. Instead of a true sea, the Baltic can even today also be understood as the common estuary of all rivers flowing into it."

So if i'm understanding this geological history correctly...the site of the anomaly could once upon a time in antiquity been on dry land!

Which begs the question...UFO...Natural rock formation...or Atlantis?? :whistle:.. :w00t:

God i'm becoming more intrigued by the minute! lol.

Cheers.