Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Baltic Anomaly Updates.

So i've read the last few pages of this thread and a few other sites and cant see any news about the 3rd dive yet...

Has it happened and if so how did it turn out?

we won't know until someone pays them or the tv special comes on

So i've read the last few pages of this thread and a few other sites and cant see any news about the 3rd dive yet...

Has it happened and if so how did it turn out?

The third expedition was initially set to begin on or about Aug. 24th. That has now slipped two weeks, to September 7th. Comments from Dennis Aasberg today, about not being able to secure any new sponsors, and the lack of further funds, makes even this date appear somewhat doubtful. If they must wait too long for funding, the weather will probably have turned poor, rendering another expedition this year unlikely. Fair weather and calm seas apparently cease quite early in the Fall, in this area. Ideas about the reasons for their failing to find additional sponsors range from a supposedly disreputable connection to the subject of UFOs, to a failure to disclose enough evidence to sponsors that there is something worth going after at the bottom of the Baltic Sea.

Starting to sound like one of those many wild-goose chases if you ask me,...

Great, here we go.....

Another year to wait.

im living in norway at the moment and this thing didnt even make the news, it appears to be classic media hype.... but im hoping its a man made structure so we can push the date of human civilisation back even further! that would be nice... but i have a feeling this investigation will loose funding and just fizzle out soon.

The funding difficulties were apparently surmounted. Dennis Aasberg reports today that the next expedition will begin on September 7th or 8th, and will include a remotely operated vehicle (ROV) examination of the second anomaly, which rests on the sea floor near its more famous circular counterpart. As the Ocean Explorer team does not own an ROV, they were apparently able to arrange the loan of one, as they did for a previous expedition.

• Like 1

The funding difficulties were apparently surmounted. Dennis Aasberg reports today that the next expedition will begin on September 7th or 8th, and will include a remotely operated vehicle (ROV) examination of the second anomaly, which rests on the sea floor near its more famous circular counterpart. As the Ocean Explorer team does not own an ROV, they were apparently able to arrange the loan of one, as they did for a previous expedition.

Thanks for the update Bison! :tu:

At least it's not going to drag on till next summer....or is it...? :blush: lol!

Cheers.

The Ocean Explorer team maintains that the television documentary will be released before the end of the year, and that a good deal of the visual, sonar, and descriptive evidence will be disclosed by it. The television production company apparently has no contractual claim on the results of laboratory analyses of the materials from the object.

There is some uncertainty about whether or not a sample of the concrete-like material from the object was gotten or not; various remarks can be interpreted either way. It does seem clear that some of the dark material was obtained. This protrudes from cracks in the object, is fibrous-appearing, and tends to collapse into a fine, soot-like material when handled. The results of scientific tests of this material have not been released, although there appears to have been more than ample time for the tests to have been run. This may be due to a decision by the Ocean Explorer team to allow the results of the tests to be reserved for the documentary. Perhaps as the time for the release of the documentary draws nearer, we will see bits of the evidence released, as a means of promoting interest in it.

Today Dennis disclosed another 9 BlueView images taken from the Baltic Anomaly. Dennis Åsberg stated “from the upper part of the object… a gift for you all” and continued “do you understand me now that I can not sleep?”.

The images has previously shown defined 90 degree angles. While it is difficult in these sequences to make out details at the level one really would like to do, they do improve on previous Sonar image which has been rather diffuse. These images are parts of a longer sequences of pictures and the really exciting thing would be to see them in a movie which would make details sharper. Even more so, if these could be combined with actual footage we could understand better why this structure is unique.

In the following days we expect that people will analyze these images and improve our view of The Baltic Anomaly.

http://thebalticanomaly.se/9-new-blueview-images-disclosed-today/#more-354

I don't see anything. Not even defined 90 degree angles.

I don't either, but I think something got messed up in the translation.

Probably. But it still smells fishy.

Everything from a sea smells fishy, lol.

• Like 2

Looks like this thing is turning out to be as mundane as most of us expected....

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/08/31/deep-sea-baltic-ufo-hunt-turns-up-glacial-deposit/?intcmp=trending

The divers recently gave samples of stone from the object to Volker Brüchert, an associate professor of geology at Stockholm University. Swedish tabloids quote Brüchert as saying: "I was surprised when I researched the material I found a great black stone that could be a volcanic rock. My hypothesis is that this object, this structure was formed during the Ice Age many thousands of years ago."

In other words, an expert appears to back up their claims that this seafloor object is unexplained, and perhaps is an Atlantis-like ancient building complex. To double check, Life's Little Mysteries consulted that expert. Turns out, neither he, nor any of the other experts contacted about the Baltic Sea object, think there is anything mysterious about it.

"It's good to hear critical voices about this 'Baltic Sea mystery,'" Brüchert wrote in an email. "What has been generously ignored by the Ocean-X team is that most of the samples they have brought up from the sea bottom are granites and gneisses and sandstones."

These, he explains, are exactly what one would expect to see in a glacial basin, which is what the Baltic Sea is — a region carved out by glacial ice long ago.

Along with the mundane rocks, the divers also gave him a single loose piece of basaltic rock, a type of rock that forms from hardened lavaexternal-link.png. This is out of place on the seafloor, but not unusual. "Because the whole northern Baltic region is so heavily influenced by glacial thawing processes, both the feature and the rock samples are likely to have formed in connection with glacial and postglacial processes," he wrote. "Possibly these rocks were transported there by glaciers."

Glaciers often have rocks embedded in them. At the end of the Ice Age, when glaciers across Northern Europe melted, the rocks inside them dropped to the Earth's surface, leaving rocky deposits all over the place. These are sometimes called glacial erratics or balancing rocks. [Gallery of the Weirdest Balancing Rocksexternal-link.png]

Lindberg and the Ocean X Team did not respond to a request for comment on the glacial deposit theory.

we all knew that it would turn out to be something and nothing....but it's still a bummer when that opinion is close to being confirmed! :no:

Cheers.

• Like 1

Looks like this thing is turning out to be as mundane as most of us expected....

http://www.foxnews.c...intcmp=trending

we all knew that it would turn out to be something and nothing....but it's still a bummer when that opinion is close to being confirmed! :no:

Deep-sea Baltic UFO hunt turns up mere rocks

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c...g#ixzz25K7ltdcQ

There's a new thread about this posted here -

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=232944

All the samples being spoken about are reportedly loose rocks lying on top of the circular object. It is reasoned that they were transported by glaciers, and then dumped onto the object at the end of the last ice age. If, so, it is not surprising that they proved to be mostly ordinary rocks from this region. The real make or break tests will come when, or if, a sample of material from the object itself can be removed, and tested. The material of the objects is reported to be visibly different from ordinary rocks. If this is borne out by scientific tests, a whole world of possibilities might open up.

All the samples being spoken about are reportedly loose rocks lying on top of the circular object. It is reasoned that they were transported by glaciers, and then dumped onto the object at the end of the last ice age. If, so, it is not surprising that they proved to be mostly ordinary rocks from this region. The real make or break tests will come when, or if, a sample of material from the object itself can be removed, and tested. The material of the objects is reported to be visibly different from ordinary rocks. If this is borne out by scientific tests, a whole world of possibilities might open up.

Yes I could imagine that there may well be quite a lot of rocks and all manner of detritus that was deposited from the mighty glaciers of the last ice age Bison. However, I cannot imagine that The Ocean X Team wouldn't already have taken this scenario into account....therefore I believe that whatever samples they saw fit to send for analysis would not be glacier-deposited rocks [Till], but rather a sample of the anomaly itself...surely? :unsure2:

I want the tests from the object to come back as 100% Adamantium.

'DBunker', Are you suggesting that the anomaly is the place of origin of....?

Hugh_Jackman_Wolverine_X_Men.jpg

:P

Cheers.

Hmm I do like the glacier idea sounds plausible. :unsure2:

The reason given for not providing samples of the object itself for testing is this: They report so far being unable to break off a piece from the object. The material seems to be harder than anticipated. It is reportedly still their aim to get material from the object, and submit it to testing. One wonders if the unusual hardness of the material is a significant fact in itself.

Edited by bison

Since the release of 9 new BlueView images people have tried to puzzle these together with the original sonar image of the anomaly. The BlueView sonar images gives approximately sizes that can be used to easier understand where each image is taken from. We managed to fit 3 (2) such pieces. The left piece dimensions was in the order of 14 m so it might not be correctly placed. We are keeping it until better solutions have been found. The result can be found below. Remember the diameter of the Baltic Anomaly is ~60 m (its height ~4m). [iMAGE].

http://thebalticanomaly.se/2012/09/