Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israel - UFO or Missile?

You're trying too hard to NOT understand. People in the Middle East saw a Russian missile flying hundreds of miles above Kazakhstan. They just misjudged its distance. This happens all the time with UFO reports, you know. This is an example that can teach us about that.

We know the apparition was NE of observers in the Middle East, because even observers in the Caucasus saw it in the northeastern sky -- NOT south of them over the Middle East.

I was going to say, I'm not sure if someone sending a rocket anywhere near Israeli airspace would have altogether been the most sensible thing to do ...

I've watched the videos all the way through and I see no spiral effect. Sorry

There isnt supposed to be. But if you do some googling, you'll see that these rockets do all kinds of maneuvers and make all kinds of shapes. The point is, before the object spirals, it's got that long "tunnel" trail, then shutsoff/disappears/warm hole/w.e you want to call it, then the second stage appears again. It's behaving and looking EXACTLY the same just without spiraling.

More:

[media=]http://youtu.be/S5ojFrnu7UU[/media]

https://www.google.c...CBc6-2AXN0PCcDw

Here's an analogy:

Someone throws a frizbee "OH look! a frizbee!"

Then someone throws a frizbee, but it's spinning horizontally, like a coin spiining on a table "OH LOOK A UFO!"

Looks like a frizbee, shaped like a frizbee, just making a differant maneuver - STILL a frizbee.

Edited by AlienDan

What then have particle accelerators actually given us?

Edited by zoser

[...]

Have they given us UFO type technology; erm no.

[...]

Wanna UFO type technology? Here yea go

comet_ride.jpg

Additional extra offer - iPad 42 (might cause splinters if not used carefully).

I have an Israeli friend who I asked about this. He hadn't heard about it. Was chatting with him a little earlier and everyone he brought it up to hadn't heard anything about it either. I doubt this raised any havoc in Israel..

But yes, it has the same characteristics as the Norway spiral from the failed Russian missile test..

What then have particle accelerators actually given us?

Read this:

ftp://ftp-visualmedia.fnal.gov/pub/jared_sandbox/AcceleratorsFactSheet_102309_Final.pdf

As for what have the big-ass colliders like those at CERN and Fermilab given us? They are and have given physicists fundamental understanding into the very fabric of reality, a worthy cause unto itself, and knowledge that will fuel the next generation of technological advances. Like I already said, they are a vital and important tool in quantum physics research.

You want UFO type technology? How on earth are scientists supposed to achieve that without the kind of fundamental research involving the likes of the Tevatron and the LHC? Faster than light spacecraft, star trek teleporters, cloaking technology, or whatever weird and wonderful things might happen in the future is only going to happen because money is poured into serious research projects like these.

BTW, the cathode ray tube in the TVs and computer monitors now replaced by flat panel displays are particle accelerators.

• Like 2

ok zoser.. what has the partical accelerator given us..

A better understanding of quantum physics and quantum mechanics..

and what have these done for us..

on that.. the major important product of the 20th and 21st century.. the transistor.. without the transistor.. there would be no computer.. radio as we have today.. no television.. etc etc etc..

there is a number of other things that have been invented along with this.. but to be honest.. the transistor is the most important that has affected our lives..

I hope that answers your question..

• 2 weeks later...

This the short video theres a longer silent one of jus it where its flying with a big force pushing it then it slows down then performs the spiral blast and fazes out

I bet theres gonna be a run on pencils and sharpners now !

Nah ! I always hated those things such a mess !

BUt at least you can buy the paper and make Alien reincarnate Airships and test fly them in your own living rooms and Invite "Gerigo Teskholoscus" Or how ever the #@Ll you pronounce his name?

Sorry Alien lovers, this is confirmed to be a "Bulava R-30 Russia's most advanced generation of intercontinental ballistic missiles".

http://www.voltairen...Russia-displays

so you are telling us that the russian .. are testing their missiles all over the world? and none of the missiles . crashed? those missiles just vanished in the air? and the test is what... above populated area's? which means those missiles are just shells? you think that sounds logic? sometimes the most simple answer is the right one.. = UFO

Ouch ! your gonna poke your eye out playing around wit those silly missilkles !

Isnt this "failed" launch already explained by Jim?

And zoser,... how you can only look at UFO stuff (that supports your belief in ET visitation) and ignore real science and still talk about having an "open mind" is beyond me. :wacko:

offcours it is ... beyond the understanding of someone like you ..

but what is real science? not possible to travel faster than the speed of light?

or beings from other dimensions? beings from other planets.. that has the technology .. that is 10000000 x more advantage than ours? :S

offcours it is ... beyond the understanding of someone like you ..

I think Hazz understands pretty well. And so do most others here.

but what is real science?

Science is looking at the available evidence and see where it brings us. In this case we have something that is explained.

not possible to travel faster than the speed of light?

Not within our understanding of physics, no. But who knows, it may be possible. But we have no evidence that it is possible, rather the opposite.

or beings from other dimensions?

Again, no evidence of such.

beings from other planets.. that has the technology .. that is 10000000 x more advantage than ours? :S

Just that they are incredibly more advanced than us does not automatically allow them to travel faster than light. going back to science, we have to look where the evidence leads us.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Ive always liked the statement ,"Nothing can travel faster than Light "

Of coarse not THings that travel faster than light cannot be seen ! And they are not about to tell there secrets to slow pokes like us !

I have no idea what it was BUT......

"somebody" was test firing missiles all over the middle east?

ROFLMAO - some of you in here aren't exactly what I call of investigative calibur LOL

and just who is this "somebody"??

LOL what a panic. sorry if I find your quick dismissals hillarious

All good? :tsu:

ROFLMAO - some of you in here aren't exactly what I call of investigative calibur LOL

:blink:

By all means of respect, but you should do some research before commenting. Nobody was "test firing missiles all over the middle east". It was visible from the Middle East, as has been explained by several posters (or here). It is no mystery what it was nor where it was fired. It was all explained on page 1. I guess you didn't read that.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Zoser, and other fellow knowers...

A few weeks ago I was driving past the Eugene airport,( UFO,s seem to be drawn to airports ) I looked up in the sky and saw the strangest thing.....I know you will not fall for the cover ups, and the sheople's replies....I know what I saw was real, and not from this world, I don't care what anyone else thinks....

I took a picture of the UFO...

airplanes-work-1.jpg

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

Every time I see this video or ones like it in my head its, "there's no way this is a missle..."

Edited by dank

Is that Bobby Fischer?

Every time I see this video or ones like it in my head its, "there's no way this is a missle..."

And the compelling discussion which shows that it is a missile does what for that opinion of yours?

:blink:

By all means of respect, but you should do some research before commenting. Nobody was "test firing missiles all over the middle east". It was visible from the Middle East, as has been explained by several posters (or here). It is no mystery what it was nor where it was fired. It was all explained on page 1. I guess you didn't read that.

Cheers,

Badeskov

glossed over page 1 but I refuse to waste my time or effort entertaining any idea that it is a missile when I know - after researching the incident off the coast of Norawy, that the Russians lied then and they are surely lying now.

I'll post briefly the norway incident facts.

glossed over page 1 but I refuse to waste my time or effort entertaining any idea that it is a missile when I know - after researching the incident off the coast of Norawy, that the Russians lied then and they are surely lying now.

Uhm, I think glossing over it is putting it mildly. You didn't read it at all, did you? The behavior described is consistent with Soviet and now Russian solid fuel missile technology. The missile launch was described in advance by the Russians (as per international treaties) and thus subsequently monitored. Seriously, where is the big mystery?

The fact of the matter is that you do not know. That much is very obvious.

I'll post briefly the norway incident facts.

But please, do pray tell. I cannot wait to see what you have to say and your in-depth research on this matter (although I do believe that we have seen it all before - numerous times.)

Cheers,

Badeskov

Reviewing the 2009 Norway incident, for those who recall. It is an eerily similar incident to this syrian one with an eqully weird explanation for it coming from the Russians.

Please note:

1. Three-stage rockets are fired straight up in the air and slowly arc over, they are not fired at an immediate 45 angle to the horizon, as the Norwegian one appears to have been

2. Three-stage rockets are fired from launch pads, not from submarines

3. missiles fired from submarines are initially fired straight up, not at a 45 degree angle

4. large rockets make an exhaust trail as wide as a river and filled with cumulus cloud-like exhaust. The Norway incident missile left a trail of what, I don't know, but it surely was not rocket exhaust

5. This misslie fired it's first stage complete with tracer chemical in the exhaust, and the thrid stage was left hung midair, spinning like a lit up ferris wheel for some time. But what happened to the 2nd stage? it is missing. the 1st stage exhaust trail leads to and connects to the 3rd stage rocket

6. 3rd stage rockets burn for about 10 minutes and then they are ballistic. this one appeared to burn for almost three hours, while lighting off excess fuel

Here is the bottom line... the Russians lied through their back teeth, and they lied through their front teeth, and out into the darkness of night. simple as that.

and they are lying here, too, and I won't even dignify their juvenile BS by reading it.

an ICBM with air breaks, dumping fuel LOL - what a friggin' hoot. ppl will believe anything

just as an aside - the russians test their ICBM's in norther Siberia, not northern Syria

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

By all means of respect, but you should really update your knowledge on this before you start exhibiting your lack of same.

Reviewing the 2009 Norway incident, for those who recall. It is an eerily similar incident with an eqully bazar explanation coming from the Russians.

Please note:

1. Three-stage rockets are fired sytraight uo in the air, not at an immediate 45 angle to the horizon

Nonsense. The are propelled out of their launch tube vertically (although horizontal is possible for cruise missiles), but that does not mean that they are vertical when they breach the surface and ignite their engine.

68a39b8cb2e8e2d3a0befe095126_grande.jpg

(Linky)

2. Three-staged missiles are fired from launch pads, not from submarines

Wrong. On so many levels.

Trident II D-5 is the sixth generation member of the U.S. Navy's Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) program which started in 1956. Systems have included the Polaris (A1), Polaris (A2), Polaris (A3), Poseidon (C3), and Trident I (C4). The first deployment of Trident II was in 1990 on the USS Tenessee (SSBN 734). While Trident I was designed to the same dimensions as the Poseidon missile it replaced, Trident II is a little larger.

The Trident II D-5 is a three-stage, solid propellant, inertially guided FBM with a range of more than 4,000 nautical miles (4,600 statute miles or 7,360 km) Trident II is more sophisticated with a significantly greater payload capability. All three stages of the Trident II are made of lighter, stronger, stiffer graphite epoxy, whose integrated structure mean considerable weight savings. The missile's range is increased by the aerospike, a telescoping outward extension that reduces frontal drag by about 50 percent. Trident II is fired by the pressure of expanding gas in the launch tube. When the missile attains sufficient distance from the submarine, the first stage motor ignites, the aerospike extends and the boost stage begins. Within about two minutes, after the third stage motor kicks in, the missile is traveling in excess of 20,000 feet (6,096 meters) per second.

The ten Trident submarines in the Atlantic fleet were initially equipped with the D-5 Trident II missile. The eight submarines in the Pacific were initially equipped with the C-4 Trident I missile. In 1996 the Navy started to backfit the eight submarines in the Pacific to carry the D-5 missile.

Emphasis mine. The number of stages is determined by the range required. From www.fas.org.

3. missiles fired from submarines are initially fired straigh up, not at a 45 degree angle

Correct, but that does not mean that they come up vertically from the water. Please see 1).

4. large rockets make a exhaust trail as wide as a river and filled with cumulus cloud-like exhaust. The Norway incident missile left a trail of what, I don't know, but it surely was not rocket exhaust

Nonsense. It all depends on the missile, the fuel propelling it and weather conditions. You can have missiles with virtually no exhaust.

5. This misslie fired it's first stage and the thrid stage was left spinning like a lit up ferris wheel for some time. But what happened to the 2nd stage? it is missing

Who said it was spinning and why do you think the second stage was missing?

6. 3rd stage rockets burn for about 10 minutes this one appeared to burn for almost three hours

By all means of respect, but where on Earth did you get these numbers from? They are obviously plucked directly from your imagination. The Saturn V needed only a 2.5min 3rd stage burn for orbital insertion, much more that an ICBM would need. 10 mins is ridiculous and shows a lack of knowledge, 3 hours is a complete fabrication.

Here is the bottom line... the Russians lied through their back teeth, front teeth, and out into the darkness of night

Well, the Russians are not exactly as forthcoming as one could wish, but we do have extensive knowledge of their missile technology and, lo and behold, it actually matches what was observed.

and they are lying here, too

No.

a ICBM with air breaks by dumping fuel LOL

As we have just seen above, you know very little of ICBMs and their technology.

ppl will believe anything

Yes, you have adequately demonstrated that. With very little knowledge of the subject.

just as an aside - the russians test their ICBM's in norther Siberia, not Syria

Duh. It was a test with the target being a missile range in Kazakhstan. It was just visible from the Middle East. How hard is that to comprehend?

Cheers,

Badeskov

Edited to add: in fact, the Minuteman III has a third stage burn time of 30-60 seconds, nowhere near 10 mins. I have no idea where you got those numbers from.

Edited by badeskov
  • Like 2

Your total certainty about this is a little disarming to say the least. I'm not sold on the idea that a missile in Kazakhstan or Astrakhan can be seen from Israel. And BTW both are well north and east of the Caucus mountains :blush:

Sorry never heard of him. He's not on my list of famous UFO researchers. Has he made a UFO documentary?

Considering you think Atmospheric Plasmas are science fiction, and that the Aztec Hoax was the genuine item, I guess this should not be as surprising as it is.

Wikipedia - James Oberg.

Zoser, I know research is not your thing, but if you ever click on a link I leave you, click the above one. Educate yourself just a tad would you?

You are calling UFO TV shows documentaries and yet you have no idea who James Oberg is, and yes, you well should have heard about him, does the name Leslie Kean mean anything to you? You are really exposing yourself here.

LINK - UFO Book Based on Questionable Foundation

LINK - James Oberg Pioneering Space.

Zoser, you do not seem to realise that you are talking with a heavyweight in the industry.

Edited by psyche101