Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nick Pope warns of UFOs at the Olympics

Former MoD investigator Nick Pope has warned of potential UFO activity over London during the Olympics.

A UK UFO expert has warned about the possibility of sudden alien appearance in London skies during the upcoming Olympic Games in the British capital.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Mr Pope said:

Pope said aliens would come in a spirit of warmth, friendship and shared learning, but the government was also prepared for the worst scenarios such as alien attack and invasion.

The "warmth, friendship and shared learning" sounds great...the invasion stuff not so much.

If this goes down I sure hope ET is friendly. :unsure2:

Nah, it's London - no alien with ny brain would invade Lonodon, the Doctor's got it covered.

• Like 3

Mr Pope said:

The "warmth, friendship and shared learning" sounds great...the invasion stuff not so much.

If this goes down I sure hope ET is friendly. :unsure2:

Not to worry Lilly "the government was also prepared for the worst case scenarios" :whistle:

Not to worry Lilly "the government was also prepared for the worst case scenarios" :whistle:

Right...and the government is going to do exactly *what* to a race of beings that have the technology to travese the vastness of the universe? Let's just hope they're friendly and that we don't have anything they want.

Mr. P seems as adept at siezing any oportunity he can to get into the Papers as that Kardashian person. He's usually famous for being Baffled; now he seems to be confident that they would come in a spirit of warmth, friendship and shared learning. Is he trying to let us know that there something he Knows that we don't , :unsure2: or is he talking, as i suspect might be the case, Flannel?

Right...and the government is going to do exactly *what* to a race of beings that have the technology to travese the vastness of the universe? Let's just hope they're friendly and that we don't have anything they want.

Actually I'm kinda hoping they at least wait till after the opening ceremony - messing with that would not be cool.

'e sounds like a right nutter, guv !

Edited by Habitat

And exactly what makes him a UFO expert? Maybe he should close his legs and give his mouth a chance :)

And exactly what makes him a UFO expert? Maybe he should close his legs and give his mouth a chance :)

By working for years at the MOD UFO division. He was the top man there for years. Seems to have a level head to me and knows what he is talking about.

Next thing he will blabber about Galactic federation...

Apparently, employment in MOD (or any other organization/institution) doesn't cures nuttiness/gullibility

• Like 1

I dont understand how hes an expert. I saw him on some UFO programme once giving his opinion on something... other than that?

Has there been much UFO activity around any of the other Olympics? If not, I can't see why London would be so special.

• Like 1

Pope was on the MoD UFO desk for quite a while, he isn't just some guy spouting off...

Having said that, the only reason I can perceive UFO sightings to increase during the Olympics is because no doubt the met police will have a couple of their new toys flying around in the air... Also the simple maths, more people in London = more sightings.

Don't worry, if a starship buzzes London during the Olympics I promise I'll let you know.

• Like 1

I wonder what they'll be competing in.

• Like 6

I wonder what they'll be competing in.

Unless there are aliens involved somehow, I'm not watching it....

Watch this short 3.5 minute video:

Holographic Projection, Space-Based Lasers, UFOs and Crop Circles

The vid is 6 years old now. Maybe the technology has been perfected today.

I'd take a wild guess that this could be projected over London at the closing of the Olympics.

That is, if anything happens at all.

Ah, it's Nick Pope so we can instantly ignore it.

Ah, it's Nick Pope so we can instantly ignore it.

Nice bit of unbiased judgement there!