Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UEFA European Championship

Abramelin

Manuel Neuer (West Germany), Mat Hummels (West Germany)..Germany and pretty much rest of the squad.

Yep Lahm, Howedes, Badstuber, Schweinsteiger, Muller all from Germany.. Ze internet lies I tell ya :P

• Like 2

And who cares, actually? The typical French, English, and Dutch guy is not black either. Heck, there is even a Brazilian playing for Croatia. And what about the Serbs in Croatia, should they play for Serbia or Croatia? Let their heart decide, I say! :)

• Like 1

Exactly! How does Klose's not being in Germany matter? It doesn't change the fact that he plays well and he would have played well even if he was born in Antarctica!!

• Like 1

I can see a major shock in the group stages, If in group B if Denmark win or draw against Portugal i think they might do well, Croatia will join Spain in the next round in group C

Would be cool about Denmark. I like them since their win in '92, even though we lost to them. From the beach with a Faxe in hand to the title!

:clap: Danish Dynamite! :clap:

Edited by FLOMBIE
  • Like 1

Ukraine 3 pts,France 1 pt, England 1 pt ,Sweden 0 pts All England have to do now is beat the Swedes and the Ukrainians, ha ha Same old, Same old, and thats not going to be easy,after watching both matches, no one is a push over...

France drew with England (1-1). Nasri's goal was brilliant though

And this is a Britt or a Frog?

PS too bad now this is gonna be on tv for the next 2 weeks, just after 2 weeks of tennis at Roland Garros. Don't those people have real jobs or something?

And this is a Britt or a Frog?

PS too bad now this is gonna be on tv for the next 2 weeks, just after 2 weeks of tennis at Roland Garros. Don't those people have real jobs or something?

You have to be kidding,real jobs pay peanuts,these guys are on £80,000 per week and more.

You have to be kidding,real jobs pay peanuts,these guys are on £80,000 per week and more.

Actually this is what I meant I don't make deadly squat by comparaison and I'm ten times (at least) more educated and cultured (cry)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ukraine 3 pts,France 1 pt, England 1 pt ,Sweden 0 pts All England have to do now is beat the Swedes and the Ukrainians, ha ha Same old, Same old, and thats not going to be easy,after watching both matches, no one is a push over...

England were the better team until they scored.

They dominated France, kept the ball and ran rings around them. When they scored they slacked off, became sloppy and let France back into the game. If Roy Hodgson makes them play like they did at the start for entire games we will go far in the tournament.

I think Spain, Germany and England are favourites to win (in ascending order). Spains 4-6-0 will open up any teams defence.

Actually this is what I meant I don't make deadly squat by comparaison and I'm ten times (at least) more educated and cultured (cry)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100% agree,you dont have to have a degree in any subject,to kick a ball about,but I dont envy them,because you have to be a con artist(and maybe a fully paid up member of the Actors Guild) when you get a tap on the shin,and fall down roll over and back 4 times,decide the Ref is taking no notice,then get up and run away,just in time to clog the opposition guy,and get a Yellow card,Now that is Class Acting.People pay a lot of money to see this,especially in the Italian League....

Well, I don't see their salaries as too high. There are about 800 professional footballers in Germany - less than there are doctors. It is VERY difficult to kick a ball on this level.

Well, I don't see their salaries as too high. There are about 800 professional footballers in Germany - less than there are doctors. It is VERY difficult to kick a ball on this level.

I'm sorry maybe it's just me but sport and profession should never be in the same phrase.

On this level, sports is very much a profession. They train a lot, and work very hard on their bodies. In my eyes, they are artists who entertain hundrets of millions of people, and when they only fart in public, it's goiing to be all over the news. So I see their earnings as justified. You should be mad about other people who earn way more money through dubious economic activity.

Being an old fart, I shouldn't really be wishing my life away, but Mother of God I'll be glad when this year's over and done with!

• Like 1

On this level, sports is very much a profession. They train a lot, and work very hard on their bodies. In my eyes, they are artists who entertain hundrets of millions of people, and when they only fart in public, it's goiing to be all over the news. So I see their earnings as justified. You should be mad about other people who earn way more money through dubious economic activity.

'Artists'? Now there's a phrase far too often thrown around these days. By your logic of 'they work hard of their bodies', shouldn't they be paid equally to Olympians or perhaps Rugby players? Rugby is a far more aggressive sport and those men work far harder on their bodies. Hell, what about body builders? I have friends who go down the gym daily, practice daily and play Rugby most weekends, should they not be paid far more than Doctors as well?

Doing what most people consider a hobby is not equal to a profession such as being a Doctor or a Surgeon or anything else that has required training beyond kicking balls in the best way. I also suspect the people here are more angry about that but the thing is, people can be angry about more than one thing and nobody would post here saying "God, I'm angry at how much these over-glorified chimpanzees are paid but here's a list of things I hate more!".

Poland 1-1 Russia, very good game, think Poland will beat CR if they perform like tonight

'Artists'? Now there's a phrase far too often thrown around these days. By your logic of 'they work hard of their bodies', shouldn't they be paid equally to Olympians or perhaps Rugby players? Rugby is a far more aggressive sport and those men work far harder on their bodies. Hell, what about body builders? I have friends who go down the gym daily, practice daily and play Rugby most weekends, should they not be paid far more than Doctors as well?

Doing what most people consider a hobby is not equal to a profession such as being a Doctor or a Surgeon or anything else that has required training beyond kicking balls in the best way. I also suspect the people here are more angry about that but the thing is, people can be angry about more than one thing and nobody would post here saying "God, I'm angry at how much these over-glorified chimpanzees are paid but here's a list of things I hate more!".

First I'd like to tell you that I used to have a similar opinion than yours on this, but it changed as I tried to look at the whole picture.

Well, you have to see the differences in sports. First, the Olympic Games is an amateur contest. The participants are not allowed to be professionals by rule, with a few exceptions, in the football tournament, for example, or ice hockey.

Second, how do you know that rugby players work harder on their bodies? Just because they have to deal with more impact during the game? That's an adventourous claim. Are your friends world class rugby players? If yes, they'd earn not too bad as well! As to why football players earn more than rugby players, that is because of the popularity of the game. Everybody in football earns more than in rugby.

Tennis players can earn more than footballers, or race drivers. Nobody seemed to complain about Michael Schumacher earning 95 million every year with Ferrari, and race drivers are usually from a rich family already, it's a 'hobby' for rich kids, but everybody begrudges footballers, because they are always in the focus of the media. And we can see how many of them are dumb ****s. But they bring joy to millions.

How long does it take to become a footballer? You have to start as early as possible and pull through! Train hard as a youngster, and even more when you have reached the 20s. You have to be careful with alcohol, parties, and most of the other things that make the life of most young people complete. Yes, it is possible in moderation, but those who are not model professionals fall through the gutter. A career like George Best's is not psossible anymore, there are many examples for that. Then, when you get into the 30s, your career is over. It's short timed, fast paced, and super hard on your body. Many of them are physically done. It's super hard work, that gives you many benefits, but only if you work hard enough.

You know, I play the guitar as a hobby, Yet I know there are guitarist who make more in a year than I probably make in my lifetime. Do I begrudge them? No, because I know they can do things with the instrument I will never be able to pull off. It's the same with football, which I play as a hobby too. There are artists with the guitar, and artists with the ball, who take other peoples hobbies to a professional level. I do not see a problem there.

There are even people earning millions every year, because their deceased husband, father or sibling once wrote a nice tune on their guitar. Is that fair? No. But do we hear complains about that? Almost never, because we are not seeing them on the news every day.

Good luck to both teams tonight but I think ze Germans will be too strong. It will be the most interesting group if I'm wrong though!

• Like 1

We Dutch should have had guys like a Van Neeskens, a Van Hanegem, a Krol, and so on in our team.

But now all we are left with is softies who regularly visit a shrink.

Jesus, how much I HATE what we have become.

All teams dive but Portugal must have special training, they're so good at it the ref has to give them the benefit of the doubt, if there's a leg sticking out a Portuguese player will find it, they make runs and stop dead knowing the player chasing them will have no choice but to knock them over, is it something we have to accept in the modern game or should something be done to stamp it out? to tell the truth i'd rather my team lost than see them cheating and i do know my team aren't innocent just not very good at it.

First I'd like to tell you that I used to have a similar opinion than yours on this, but it changed as I tried to look at the whole picture.

Well, you have to see the differences in sports. First, the Olympic Games is an amateur contest. The participants are not allowed to be professionals by rule, with a few exceptions, in the football tournament, for example, or ice hockey.

Second, how do you know that rugby players work harder on their bodies? Just because they have to deal with more impact during the game? That's an adventourous claim. Are your friends world class rugby players? If yes, they'd earn not too bad as well! As to why football players earn more than rugby players, that is because of the popularity of the game. Everybody in football earns more than in rugby.

Tennis players can earn more than footballers, or race drivers. Nobody seemed to complain about Michael Schumacher earning 95 million every year with Ferrari, and race drivers are usually from a rich family already, it's a 'hobby' for rich kids, but everybody begrudges footballers, because they are always in the focus of the media. And we can see how many of them are dumb ****s. But they bring joy to millions.

How long does it take to become a footballer? You have to start as early as possible and pull through! Train hard as a youngster, and even more when you have reached the 20s. You have to be careful with alcohol, parties, and most of the other things that make the life of most young people complete. Yes, it is possible in moderation, but those who are not model professionals fall through the gutter. A career like George Best's is not psossible anymore, there are many examples for that. Then, when you get into the 30s, your career is over. It's short timed, fast paced, and super hard on your body. Many of them are physically done. It's super hard work, that gives you many benefits, but only if you work hard enough.

You know, I play the guitar as a hobby, Yet I know there are guitarist who make more in a year than I probably make in my lifetime. Do I begrudge them? No, because I know they can do things with the instrument I will never be able to pull off. It's the same with football, which I play as a hobby too. There are artists with the guitar, and artists with the ball, who take other peoples hobbies to a professional level. I do not see a problem there.

There are even people earning millions every year, because their deceased husband, father or sibling once wrote a nice tune on their guitar. Is that fair? No. But do we hear complains about that? Almost never, because we are not seeing them on the news every day.

Actually, Rugby players can only earn £30,000 per year in the United Kingdom (those are professionals) and the rest comes from sponsoring. My issue was that Footballers by-and-large get ridiculous sums of money for playing a sport where they dive every six seconds, take games off because of 'injuries' and are essentially just rich chavs, providing nothing to society but a heap of bad role-models (some are good role-models mind you). I realise this may not be the case in every country but it certainly is in ours. Just this week a footballer's family wrecked a stately home and fought inside it, meaning the police had to be called twice and the house suffered a fair amount of damages.

Also, it's laughable to apply the "no drinking" to British footballers, barely a week goes by without a story of something outrageous a footballer has done (not all of course). Some footballers are indeed as admirable as you'd have me believe but unfortunately most of them are not fit to be in the public eye. Cheating, lying, throwing money around, this isn't the example I want to be set to my children about "how you go far in life". Once again, being a Doctor is far more important than being an overpaid athlete.

As for your last point, you're right, what I said was however made i jest to hyperbolise the situation.

It's been a excellent tournament so far better than the world cup 2 years ago