Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UEFA European Championship

Abramelin

It'll be like Euro 2004.

Greece, the hosts of the Olympics that year, played Portugal, the hosts of Euro 2004, in their group.

The two teams then met in the Final, with Greece prevailing.

This year, England, the hosts of the Olympics, play Ukraine, the co-hosts of Euro 2012, in their group. Those two teams will meet again in the Final, with England prevailing.

For folks who probably have little or no understanding of American football (fans) you sound almost IDENTICAL to them with your talk of these matches. I come from a State (Alabama) that has a long proud tradition of winning in the College game and I can tell you that it is almost as serious as a religion here.... It's good to see so many countries so engrossed in something beside bickering when sports are on the TV!! :w00t::clap:

• Like 1

For folks who probably have little or no understanding of American football (fans) you sound almost IDENTICAL to them with your talk of these matches. I come from a State (Alabama) that has a long proud tradition of winning in the College game and I can tell you that it is almost as serious as a religion here.... It's good to see so many countries so engrossed in something beside bickering when sports are on the TV!! :w00t::clap:

In England soccer (as you would call it) is bigger than religion.

Its nationalism applied to the football pitch. Sooner or later we meet our arch rivals the Germans and everyone will go nuts. The whole country will grind to a stop, head down the pub and leave our high streets like ghost towns. So long as it doesnt go to penalties we'll be okay.

If we win the tournament the street parties will be bigger than the jubilee.

Sooner or later we meet our arch rivals the Germans and everyone will go nuts.

With the current Germany and England sides this would be disastrous for you guys. For any team in the Euros.

With the current Germany and England sides this would be disastrous for you guys. For any team in the Euros.

Normally that would warrant a response.

But not when its from our jealous cousins up north lol

I dont think we (England) will get anything from Euro 2012. There's no conviction in the way we're playing, against France or in the friendlies before the tournament. The only stand-out player for me is Scott Parker. I think its Germany all the way, with players like Gomez, Kroos, Ozil, and Klose in there team they dont look like there gonna get beaten.

I like your bit about "almost as serious as a religeon", I come from the North of England where Football(soccer) is a most revered Religeon..There is only 2 big teams there Sunderland (the Mackems) and newcastle (the magpies/or the modern slang name the Barcodes because they have black & white striped shirts..This is one of the biggest rivalries in English Premier League football, and a lot of repartee between the fans happens before and after a game,where to lose is unbearable..But there is really only two teams in the land..Sunder-land and Eng-land, I'm sure I'll get some backfire having said this...All good fun hee hee

Good luck Croatia. Sretno Hrvatska.

Laku noc , Zbogom Croatia hee hee

I like your bit about "almost as serious as a religeon", I come from the North of England where Football(soccer) is a most revered Religeon..There is only 2 big teams there Sunderland (the Mackems) and newcastle (the magpies/or the modern slang name the Barcodes because they have black & white striped shirts..This is one of the biggest rivalries in English Premier League football, and a lot of repartee between the fans happens before and after a game,where to lose is unbearable..But there is really only two teams in the land..Sunder-land and Eng-land, I'm sure I'll get some backfire having said this...All good fun hee hee

This guy should be listened too because Sunderlands trophy cabinet is full of silver hahaha.

Edited by Mr Right Wing
  • Like 1

I dont think we (England) will get anything from Euro 2012. There's no conviction in the way we're playing, against France or in the friendlies before the tournament. The only stand-out player for me is Scott Parker. I think its Germany all the way, with players like Gomez, Kroos, Ozil, and Klose in there team they dont look like there gonna get beaten.

Keep the faith Geordie hinny, they aren't like the mags.

Italian training ground :-

• Like 2

Good luck Croatia. Sretno Hrvatska.

:tu:

Laku noc , Zbogom Croatia hee hee

Tko se zadnji smije, najslađe se smije... ili najsporije shvaća. Put that through Google translator :P

Anyway, they better not lose, some idiot in the neighbourhood has vuvuzela so I sincerely hope I’m not listening to that for nothing.

• Like 1

I thought Holland were the better team last night, but it just goes to show possession doesn't win you games.

Croatia whooped Italy's ass :lol:

Tko se zadnji smije, najslađe se smije... ili najsporije shvaća. Put that through Google translator :P

Anyway, they better not lose, some idiot in the neighbourhood has vuvuzela so I sincerely hope I’m not listening to that for nothing.

Haha. Good one.

I think Ireland's gonna draw with Spain. Lets see

4-0 you were way off lol

England wont beat that 4-6-0

As it is we have it within us to do the Germans but not the Spanish.

Well friend I saw the match and they did ok, I have no axe to grind either way,so well done to Croatia, p.s I hope you were not having a swear at me , ha ha no worries mate I dont care..

Have fun lingering in the background, as per usual, whilst we're in europe.

Chin up weez keeyz

SMB

Chin up weez keeyz

SMB

Ahem..North East banter always reminds me of...

[media=]

[/media]

:lol: ..sorry..couldnt resist.. :)

Edited by BrianPotter

Chin up weez keeyz

SMB

Ha ha I like it mate,but I'll watch you getting stuffed by the Euro's..anyway Good Luck..

Ahem..North East banter always reminds me of...

[media=]

[/media]

:lol: ..sorry..couldnt resist.. :)

Ha when you banjo someone you "clout" them, divvent dunchus. cheeors.
  • Like 1