Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Family/creepy/childhood/weird Experiences

Full-Time Dreamer

I thought there could just be a whole thread about things people have experienced. Whether that be stuff they encountered when they were small, or stories passed on by loved ones. Just any weird things you've ever experienced or wanted advice/thoughts on post here! :)

My experience:

I was 10 years old and I had this dream. So in this dream, it was like I had woken up. No kidding, I was convinced I was awake and I remember walking to my mum and dad's room and they were both in the en suite, but imagine your mum and dad, and then imagine them as cave men. It was like that, I screamed and remember running away, I was so creeped out, I can still remember what they looked like. Anyway, I remember waking up (for real) and screaming when I woke up, it was just like in my dream, exactly how I'd woken up, but when I woke up for real when I got out of bed and ran for the door to go find my mum I remember this figure that moved from the foot of my bed, almost like it watched me sleep to behind the door. However I was so scared that I didn't pay it much attention and went on to have a panic attack in my mums arms about 3 minutes later.

I just remember going back in to my room after and watching a figure standing by the window dissapear as soon as I walked through the door, it shocked me, but I assumed I was seeing things.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Full-Time Dreamer

• Lcvec

• Ever Learning

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Being awake in a dream is called lucid dreaming. Your experience is an interesting one, what did the figure look like? Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries :)

The figure was just like a really dark silhouette. But it wasn't transparent or anything, it was literally just like a person with a black sheet over them but blurry and silent. And thankyou:)

Weird. I guess it was lucid dreaming as ever learning said, or it might have something to do with the shadow people. I can't say they exist but some of the stories involving them sound similar to yours, I'm sure you can find more information around here. The closest thing to that I've ever seen was exactly that, a dark figure that moved away from the door in front of me but I was going through sleep paralysis so I can only see it as hallucination. You said you'd just had a nightmare right? Maybe you saw all that because you were still in some sort of dream state right after waking up...then again, I don't think you'd still be in that state after coming back to your room. Interesting story anyway, thanks for sharing.