Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dinosaur like creature

Unexplainedexplained

Hello everyone, I just started this account to specifically get some enlightenment on something that has been a bother in my head for awhile.

When I was young I was playing outside like most children do, and by one of my sheds I seen a huge blue dinosaur looking creature. Being so young I was scared of the creature and ran to my mother. When I told her there was a dinosaur, of course she thought it was just childs play. When I returned to go investigate the creature, it was gone.

After the experience I felt like I was in a dream like state of mind, but I know for fact that I was awake during the encounter. I live in a suburban area and there would absolutely no way that I would be able to be the only one to see such a creature. Sadly, I was. I have no proof except for the memory burnt into my brain. Curious of what it could be I came to a friend who happened to be a wiccan, she gave me a book complete about dragons. After reading the first 20 pages of the book, it told me that dragons have the ability to travel through dimensions and often only reveal themselves to children. I'm still skeptical to this day, but it could be possible. I would like to hear some feed back about this, negative or positive. Thanks.

Welcome to UM.

I'm sure you saw something but I really don't think dragons pass through deminsions.

When I was A boy a peacock showed up in our chicken barn. It looked huge to a 4 yr old. I saw another peacock some years later it was not much bigger than a rooster. as peacocks are bluish in color, maybe that is what you saw. But then again maybe it was really a dinosaur.

• Like 2

When I was A boy a peacock showed up in our chicken barn. It looked huge to a 4 yr old. I saw another peacock some years later it was not much bigger than a rooster. as peacocks are bluish in color, maybe that is what you saw. But then again maybe it was really a dinosaur.

A peacock is a good possibility. A dragon or dinosaur... no.

• Like 1

You did not say where this happened, so it is hard to come up with appropriate animals you might have saw.

Maybe a blue heron?

blueheron.jpg

• Like 2

supergrover1.jpg

He flew away when you got your mom.......

Maybe one of the founders of these guys?....Before they got big?

blue-man-group-04.jpg

Serious, imaginations run wild when we are children, I could post quite a few stories of what I " saw " when I was a kid,

Dragons are not real, Dinosaurs are dead......

A dog maybe.

blue-chow-chow-cuddles1.jpg

Blue Chow

PB-VT-Brenda-5w.jpg

Blue Chow pup

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 4

XD

Sakari.

Well I understand the skepticism, but it definetly wasn't any kind of bird. It was other worldly, the experience itself. My thoughts on the whole situation is that I could have been dehydrated and started hallucinating or something of the sort. I just thought it was interesting as an experience itself. I just want to know if anyone besides me has had an experience like this. I really doubt that it was a dragon or a dinosaur that travels through dimensions, but when I started to research it awhile back, that's where the evidence was leading me.

I really doubt that it was a dragon or a dinosaur that travels through dimensions, but when I started to research it awhile back, that's where the evidence was leading me.

Perhaps you should research the fallible nature of our senses, cognitions, and memories. Just because we experience/recall something unusual doesn't mean the event actually happened as we remember it or even if it happened at all.

Dimensional dragons is way cooler, though. So, perhaps you should stick with that...

• Like 1

Sorry about that last post I'm in a weird mood today. It's probably just the voices in my head telling me to kill things :(

Edit: lowered level of creepiness

Edited by Nerevarine
  • Like 1

Hello everyone, I just started this account to specifically get some enlightenment on something that has been a bother in my head for awhile.

When I was young I was playing outside like most children do, and by one of my sheds I seen a huge blue dinosaur looking creature. Being so young I was scared of the creature and ran to my mother. When I told her there was a dinosaur, of course she thought it was just childs play. When I returned to go investigate the creature, it was gone.

After the experience I felt like I was in a dream like state of mind, but I know for fact that I was awake during the encounter. I live in a suburban area and there would absolutely no way that I would be able to be the only one to see such a creature. Sadly, I was. I have no proof except for the memory burnt into my brain. Curious of what it could be I came to a friend who happened to be a wiccan, she gave me a book complete about dragons. After reading the first 20 pages of the book, it told me that dragons have the ability to travel through dimensions and often only reveal themselves to children. I'm still skeptical to this day, but it could be possible. I would like to hear some feed back about this, negative or positive. Thanks.

Welcome to UM!

People thorughout history have been having dreams and images od dragons (or dinosaur like creatures, if you perfer). Weather this was an actual encounter of some sort, or a purely mental expierience would be best deturmined by any pjhysical evidence or deisturbence around the area (footprints, etc).

Many myths and legends do ascribe dragons power over the mind and drrams, so according to that mythic paradyme it could hev been a form of remote communication, or projected image. It is also possible that it was simply a waking dream. There have been people who have reported very intense dreams/phenomina regarding dragons that were life impacting (weather these were dreams or somehting more seems impossible to deturmine).

You will find lots of dragon lore here in the UM archives.

this is what i love about personal experience.

i myself had something similarly impossible happen in my childhood, that at the time i swore was real, but years on i simply know my young mind invented or simply misinterpretted what i saw.

this is also why even to this day i will not accept personal accounts as serious proof of anything.

Welcome to UM!

People thorughout history have been having dreams and images od dragons (or dinosaur like creatures, if you perfer). Weather this was an actual encounter of some sort, or a purely mental expierience would be best deturmined by any pjhysical evidence or deisturbence around the area (footprints, etc).

Many myths and legends do ascribe dragons power over the mind and drrams, so according to that mythic paradyme it could hev been a form of remote communication, or projected image. It is also possible that it was simply a waking dream. There have been people who have reported very intense dreams/phenomina regarding dragons that were life impacting (weather these were dreams or somehting more seems impossible to deturmine).

You will find lots of dragon lore here in the UM archives.

Thanks, Archosaur. That actually makes the most sense. Like I said I doubt the existence of the creature was real other wise there would have been evidence, but it was something interesting. I've encountered some other things in my life was well, nothing like this though. More spiritual, and evil. But thanks everyone!

I had a similar even happen to me when I was six. It wasnt a dragon. I was sitting in the kitchen alone my parents were asleep. We had these windows that were 4 foot wide and about 6 foot high almost from the floor to the roof. I looked out the window that was about 8 foot from me and I swear to this day that I seen a unicorn it stood about 4 foot high and its horn was about a foot long. I watched it for a while and then it took off towards a corn field by my house. I felt pritty awake and it was realistic. I live in ohio near cleveland and I dont think it was any outher animal.

Edited by Randomactsofviolence
  • Like 1

Unexplainedexplained,

How old were you?

You said it was next to a shed in your yard, so in comparison, how big was it?

Was it standing on the ground? What did it do? Did it look at you? Make a noise?

Did it resemble some cartoon or movie creature at the time? Were you playing with toy dinosaurs at the time?

Maybe if you ask yourself more questions and think objectively about it, it will become less otherworldly.

Edited by QuiteContrary

Don't overlook the possibility that it's an entirely false memory - that you're 'remembering' an experience you never had. This can happen easily with childhood memories; a woman I know has a clear recollection of, as a small girl, riding in the car with her parents when her mother went to the hospital to have her older sister.

• Like 1

Kids imaginations can be powerful sometimes. That's why I think it's a bit dodgy having young children as eye-witnesses in a crime, their minds can make stuff up that they totally believe is real.

Unexplainedexplained,

How old were you?

You said it was next to a shed in your yard, so in comparison, how big was it?

Was it standing on the ground? What did it do? Did it look at you? Make a noise?

Did it resemble some cartoon or movie creature at the time? Were you playing with toy dinosaurs at the time?

Maybe if you ask yourself more questions and think objectively about it, it will become less otherworldly.

I was about 6, It was about 2 car lengths and 2 cars high, and the tail was long about another car size.

I believe it was standing on the ground, I wasn't quite paying to much attention to what it was doing, just that fact that it was there and that it stared at me. And yes it did make a noise it was just a huge breath. I've thought about it a lot. I actually live about an hour away from Cleveland as well. I still feel like it was a real experience but a false pretense. If that makes sense.

I was about 6, It was about 2 car lengths and 2 cars high, and the tail was long about another car size.

I believe it was standing on the ground, I wasn't quite paying to much attention to what it was doing, just that fact that it was there and that it stared at me. And yes it did make a noise it was just a huge breath. I've thought about it a lot. I actually live about an hour away from Cleveland as well. I still feel like it was a real experience but a false pretense. If that makes sense.

Wow! Pretty huge then.

In one of his 'Discworld' books (I can't remember which), Terry Prachett postulates the theory that as the human race began to lose its innocence, creatures such as dragons, unicorns, elves and fairies forsook the real world and took refuge in a safe place - people's minds! So you never know!

s12567.gif

• Like 1

i believe you. i saw a unicorn out in a field once when i was maybe 8 or 9. Now, i was pretty sure they werent real creatures (but i so wanted them to be) until i saw it. i still remember it. plain as day. there is still magic in this world. we just forget about it as we grow up. thankfully, ive never forgotten :D

• Like 2

i can remember this one time when I was a kid I was 10 and I was in my room with all the lights off but I remember I could see the light from the moon outside lighting up the branches on my blinds. For some reason I could have sworn the shape of a head moved past my window, really fast and then it came back and just stayed there like it was staring through my blinds.

Then the shape of the head started to rotate like the head was turning around like it was trying to see into my room then all of a suddenly it just vanishes.

i believe you. i saw a unicorn out in a field once when i was maybe 8 or 9. Now, i was pretty sure they werent real creatures (but i so wanted them to be) until i saw it. i still remember it. plain as day. there is still magic in this world. we just forget about it as we grow up. thankfully, ive never forgotten :D

Your the first person that ive come into contact with that has had a similar experience. Mabe there are still things that arent discovered. The platapus was discovered in the late 90s early 2000s. Imagine what the people thout when that was discovered.

• Like 1