Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Could a Zombie outbreak happen in real life?

Still Waters

If you dont belive its possible why dont you explain this to me after you read it.

http://www.dailytech.com/Baffling+Illness+Strikes+Africa+Turns+Children+Into+Violent+Zombies/article24276.htm

There not eating people but it defiantly changes the way these childerns minds work. If it decides to mutate or if the government decides to mess with it we all will be screwed.

I belive that the rage virus is possible if it were to either block serotonin from our brains or drain the serotonin.

There is so much deliberate misinformation on the Zombie phenomenon, for starters they don't eat brains, they lack them. The government has known this for years and surrepticiously sequestered them in huge concrete buildings under the guise of "public service".

I have found myself uttering, or maybe muttering, the expression, "typical public servant" on more than one occasion over the years. It evokes images of people who employ great economy of effort themselves, but have elevated expectations as regards the performances of others, in service delivery. :cry:

• Like 2

I have found myself uttering, or maybe muttering, the expression, "typical public servant" on more than one occasion over the years. It evokes images of people who employ great economy of effort themselves, but have elevated expectations as regards the performances of others, in service delivery. :cry:

Oh so true, Habitat, sad but true. :tu:

One word: Annoying.

I mean seriously, how many articles are written every month about a possible Zombie outbreak !? Seems to me like there's a article or thread written about this every day.

It won't happen folks, Zombie outbreaks are nothing more than fiction and something you'll see only in books or movies.

And I still can't believe that some people are actually wishing for something like that to come true. :rolleyes:

A zombie outbreak could happen.

The rabies virus would need to be engineered to attack just the movement and higher intelligence parts of the brain. It would need to be as adaptable as Aids so a cure cant be found while at the same time being weak enough not to kill the host.

The virus would need to attack the starvation mechanisms in the brain making someone so desperate for food they'd eat human meat while putting them off vegtables etc.

I think its within the realms of possibility but maybe 20 years away.

The rabies virus would need to be engineered to attack just the movement and higher intelligence parts of the brain. It would need to be as adaptable as Aids so a cure cant be found while at the same time being weak enough not to kill the host.

The virus would need to attack the starvation mechanisms in the brain making someone so desperate for food they'd eat human meat while putting them off vegtables etc.

Contrary to myth and Stephen King novels about killer dogs, reality does not work that way. Rapies does not cause people or animals to go on a murdering rampage, biting everything in their way! House wifes during a sale at bloomingdales is another matter though!

• Like 2

Contrary to myth and Stephen King novels about killer dogs, reality does not work that way. Rapies does not cause people or animals to go on a murdering rampage, biting everything in their way! House wifes during a sale at bloomingdales is another matter though!

Well, let's put that theory to a test. Put a dog with rabies near a group of five year old children, and see how many of them are bitten. Just saying. Rabies alters the behaviour of its occupant. With all due respect, if a Norwegian scientist concocted an influenza virus that is virtually incurable, just imagine what else is being created and designed in labs. There are diseases in labs at this moment (I will bet my life on that) that could completely wipe out the human race in 24 - 72 hours, including viruses similar to the rage virus; and all it takes is one small slip. Really. Maybe the scientist was hung over coming to work, and was so exhausted and tired that he forgot to completely decontaminate himself after working overtime?

These are not very unfathomable ideas and theories.

Damn I hope I never run into a dog infected with that. I dont think my butt would be the same.

Sorry I had to it just made me chuckle to much.

• Like 1

I beg to differ on this one. A zombie outbreak could not occur in this way as the very meaning of a zombie (the most commonly used meaning) is a dead person/corpse, coming back to life. Not a living person having been infected by a virus.

I am not saying that a virus such as you suggest is not possible. All I am saying is that the infected people would not be zombies.

The other thing about all this is :-

Those people who have allegedly returned from the dead, usually in places like Haiti, have not gone round eating people. This is pure fiction on behalf of Hollywood producers.

This is just one more example of Hollywood (and other film studios) making horror movies involving ficticious monsters which then become so popular that they become a reality to some gullible people! (I dont mean you Mr Right Wing lol) :)

• Like 1

I wonder what Brains taste like?

Lamb Brain Salad anyone?

brain-cooking.jpg

If a group of Zombies met a group of **********cs

Who would do the chasing?

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 5

Well, let's put that theory to a test. Put a dog with rabies near a group of five year old children, and see how many of them are bitten. Just saying. Rabies alters the behaviour of its occupant. With all due respect, if a Norwegian scientist concocted an influenza virus that is virtually incurable, just imagine what else is being created and designed in labs. There are diseases in labs at this moment (I will bet my life on that) that could completely wipe out the human race in 24 - 72 hours, including viruses similar to the rage virus; and all it takes is one small slip. Really. Maybe the scientist was hung over coming to work, and was so exhausted and tired that he forgot to completely decontaminate himself after working overtime?

These are not very unfathomable ideas and theories.

The dog would be just as likely to run away or just stand there in a daze or some other random act, I say again, rapies does not turn things vicious.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2012/05/120504-zombie-ant-fungus-science-environment-rainforest/

I do believe without question, a behavioral disorder affecting people to an extremely grim function is absolutey possible. Particularly considering most everyone I know is aready stressed past their abiity to cope, and I aso consider the typical person to consider their advantages stern ony by a disadvantage of those around them; what with the popuation and dis-illusionment from reality we are in. People want to pretend they're social lions when they are maggots, this belief is mandated that it is true to some level that perception means more than actual circumstance in determining many situations. So, basically, i'm saying that most people are already mentally eating everyone they think they can to make themselves relevant as is. Consider bath salts and PCP where once the portion of the brain that determines whether an action is reasonable or not is turned off, I think it's fairly apparently documented the outcomes, so....

• Like 1

Nobody's gonna rise from grave without some serious help. It'd have to be the work of someone or something that could, by the force of thought reform your body out of raw materials near your bones and implant a life in you. Maybe someone who could construct a somewhat-working human body in that fashion and plant a Tulpa there. Otherwise it'd take high-tech and a lot more work-time. If one had such powers, I can imagine something more useful ways to use them than to create an army of living dead that'll die too easily, one would have to be quite an idiot with nothing better to do to use them that way. Or an experimentalist perhaps.

Apart from that, why not a rapidly spreading form of rabies, like swine flu, rabies and some click in it that activates your predator and feeding senses and shuts down all the nurturing senses as well as most other brain activity, apart from motorics. One reason it wouldn't be used if such a thing was artificially created is that it'll only kill unprotected civilians and soldiers with basic ABC protection have much higher protection against it. What's the point in that if you want to conquer someone? That'll just get the rest of the world very p***ed at you if you're found out. They will come out with all the stuff they can find out about you, unlike with the usual conspiracies. I doubt even KimJongIl who's now passed away, would had allowed such fate for his dear people, wasting his good workforce and hurting his national pride like that. But since men have this queer notion to keep developing more effective tools to destroy each others in masses, I think this has already been developed, or will be. No one's just stupid enough to actually use it en large.

Funniest thing I've read in a long, long time. :lol::w00t:

tumblr_la7obxF0sr1qcz9k5o1_500.jpg

There is a bunch of zombie and alien shows/movies/articles etc I think we are being prepared for an attack by zimbie aliens.

• Like 1

I beg to differ on this one. A zombie outbreak could not occur in this way as the very meaning of a zombie (the most commonly used meaning) is a dead person/corpse, coming back to life. Not a living person having been infected by a virus.

I am not saying that a virus such as you suggest is not possible. All I am saying is that the infected people would not be zombies.

The other thing about all this is :-

Those people who have allegedly returned from the dead, usually in places like Haiti, have not gone round eating people. This is pure fiction on behalf of Hollywood producers.

This is just one more example of Hollywood (and other film studios) making horror movies involving ficticious monsters which then become so popular that they become a reality to some gullible people! (I dont mean you Mr Right Wing lol) :)

The secret I ingredient for hatian zombies is blowfish poison. They are not really dead either of course. It was used to creat slaves or give Somone the worst sort of death. Buried alive!!!!

Forget the zombies. Masses of starving intelligent people with rifles is much more scary. Zombies are easy.

The secret I ingredient for hatian zombies is blowfish poison. They are not really dead either of course. It was used to creat slaves or give Somone the worst sort of death. Buried alive!!!!

Yes Seeker, I agree.

. I am aware that actual accounts of alleged zombies are caused by poison which makes the person appear dead. I was going more from the dictionary version of the word 'zombie' as per this topic.

Taking into account the above, there really is no such thing as a real zombie :)

So my friend gave her baby mashed up brains to eat should I be worried?

only if they were human. Brains are considered a delicacy in some cultures. And though I have never had any if they tasted good what difference does it make.

I guess thats some food for thought.

I guess thats some food for thought.