Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Former Mobster Henry Hill is Dead

JonathanVonErich

Henry Hill, the low-level mobster turned FBI informant who was the basis of Martin Scorsese's seminal 1990 film "Goodfellas," has died at age 69. TMZ reported the one-time Lucchese crime family associate died Tuesday after a long battle with an undisclosed illness.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/13/henry-hill-dead-goodfellas-dies_n_1592758.html

Goodfellas being one of my favorite movies I had to share the news.

• Like 2

Thats too bad! I loved that movie as well.

I'll have to watch it tonight :)

• Like 1

A fantastic film and Hills book (which inspired the film), Wiseguy, is a very good read.

• Like 1

I'm kinda disappointed he never looked like Ray Liotta. :(

First time I saw his picture I was disappointed too. :lol:

Looking back it's kind of a miracle that the guy didn't died earlier. From his bio:

Due to his numerous crimes while in witness protection, Hill (along with his wife) were expelled from the program in the early 1990s.

It's well documented that plenty of Mobsters wanted to kill him ( for the murder of William Devino among other things ), and the fact he was kicked out of the witness protection program and was able to survive on his own is kind of a miracle.

Edited by JonathanVonErich

I just don't get the whole idolisation of those involved in organised crime.

They are the worst kind of vermin.

• Like 1

P.S. Their celebrity cling-ons offend me almost as much.

3rd place to reformed ones turned minor celebrity.

• Like 1

I agree 100% with you.

I don't idolise mobsters, but I'm fascinated by everything related to Organized Crime and True Crime. I like reading about it, studying it, researching it. Henry Hill, just like any other gangsters, was not a good guy and nobody should idolise him. However his story is interesting. Only my opinion. :)

• Like 1

I agree 100% with you.

I don't idolise mobsters, but I'm fascinated by everything related to Organized Crime and True Crime. I like reading about it, studying it, researching it. Henry Hill, just like any other gangsters, was not a good guy and nobody should idolise him. However his story is interesting. Only my opinion. :)

Sorry, my comments weren't meant to be a criticism of you personally Jonathan. Criminology is an honoourable pursuit.

• Like 2

You mean the Democrats and Republican parties of America, then I totally agree.

Same with their buddies on Wall Street. If they all had italian last names we'd all be calling them the mafia but no... they call it campaign donations... how about bribes and payoffs?

Sorry, my comments weren't meant to be a criticism of you personally Jonathan. Criminology is an honoourable pursuit.

Don't be sorry, sir, I know you were not talking about me. :tu:

Interesting interview with Hill.

Henry Hill, the low-level mobster turned FBI informant who was the basis of Martin Scorsese's seminal 1990 film "Goodfellas," has died at age 69. TMZ reported the one-time Lucchese crime family associate died Tuesday after a long battle with an undisclosed illness.

http://www.huffingto..._n_1592758.html

Goodfellas being one of my favorite movies I had to share the news.

Thanks for that. :yes: He was an evil SOB. Just because he was played by a really good actor doesn't change that fact. If H Hill had a naughty or nice list, I definitely would not have liked to have been in the naughty column.

• Like 2