Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Big Bad Voodoo

Lost City Discovered In Honduras

18 posts in this topic

Big Bad Voodoo

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2156900/Legendary-lost-White-City-gold-discovered-dense-Central-American-jungle-advanced-laser-mapping.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

A team of scientists using advanced laser mapping have detailed a remote region of Honduras that may have revealed the legendary lost city of Ciudad Blanca, known as the 'White City' of gold.

Princess Serenity

Oh cool! I can't wait until they reveal what they find. I'm so excited. :D

Swede

http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

A team of scientists using advanced laser mapping have detailed a remote region of Honduras that may have revealed the legendary lost city of Ciudad Blanca, known as the 'White City' of gold.

L - Just to provide a bit of balance to the reference presented. The "hype" and inaccurate information associated with the press reporting on this site has been sharply critiqued in the professional community. For starters, Cuidad Blanco, per se, is a myth. Please see below:

http://blogs.berkele...ad-archaeology/

Gunn

^Thanks for the heads up, Swede. Knew they were making a mountain out of a molehill. And I like what she mention's here:

One government official went so far as to say it “might be the biggest archaeological discovery in the world of the twenty-first century”.

Hurray! except that isn’t good archaeology — it’s hype.

Hype is good. At least in their eyes it is, for future tourist attractions. Yep! It's aaaaall about the Begimains Lempiras.

King Fluffs

Ooohh, this is exciting.

dharma warrior

I'm waiting for the discovery of the fabled "Chocolate City", filled with creamy caramel. Ooohh!

• Like 2

harleyblueswoman

any 'lost' city found would be a great discovery!!

• Like 2

TattooMan

I agree with harleyblueswoman... even if it isn't the lost city of ciudad blanco, it still would be a great discovery if it was just a lost city found. I'm sure there are a lot of undiscovered areas under the canopies of the rainforests or even under the sands of deserts. There is always something to find, answers to questions.

• Like 2

Swede

^Thanks for the heads up, Swede. Knew they were making a mountain out of a molehill. And I like what she mention's here:

Hype is good. At least in their eyes it is, for future tourist attractions. Yep! It's aaaaall about the Begimains Lempiras.

Purifier - You are most welcome. It is a rather distressing reality that in some situations archaeological research can be subject to both sensationalistic and nationalistic manipulations.

27vet

Has anyone told Indiana Jones yet?

• Like 2

Gunn

Purifier - You are most welcome. It is a rather distressing reality that in some situations archaeological research can be subject to both sensationalistic and nationalistic manipulations.

I can imagine so. I guess Archaeology has to contend with the greedy, well maybe not always at least.

pallidin

Good one, 27vet !

csspwns

lolol nice one 27vet :)

coolguy

This is cool i hope its really the lost city

Edited by coolguy

Paranomali

What an amazing find :D

lightly

the good news is.. with newer technologies like LiDAR and ground penetrating radar, many many more sites will be discovered. Much has been discovered... much MORE awaits discovery! :)

• Like 1

Silver Surfer

Choice :tu:

Hope we hear something soon and they are careful with what they find...

27vet

Fascinating stuff...