Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Few Problems

_Only

I have a few problems that I don't know how to fix, and I would bet they are somehow all related.

When I open any page on the forum, a black box covers half the screen for a half second. No big deal; but not normal.

Also, any time I quote another post, it shows their quote twice, even thought it was only written once in my writing box.

Finally, when I go back to edit the post, it's in a weird format that is hard to make sense of.

I have a few problems that I don't know how to fix, and I would bet they are somehow all related.

When I open any page on the forum, a black box covers half the screen for a half second. No big deal; but not normal.

Also, any time I quote another post, it shows their quote twice, even thought it was only written once in my writing box.

Finally, when I go back to edit the post, it's in a weird format that is hard to make sense of.

This is what the quote problem does.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• _Only

• Saru

• and-then

Top Posters In This Topic

And the edit box looks like this:

<p>I have a few problems that I don't know how to fix, and I would bet they are somehow all related.<br />

<br />

When I open any page on the forum, a black box covers half the screen for a half second. No big deal; but not normal.<br />

<br />

Also, any time I quote another post, it shows their quote twice, even thought it was only written once in my writing box.<br />

<br />

Finally, when I go back to edit the post, it's in a weird format that is hard to make sense of.<br />

<br />

I have a few problems that I don't know how to fix, and I would bet they are somehow all related.<br />

Also, one more weird thing I just found. I definitely clicked "Quote" to show the quote example above, but instead it edited my original post and put it into that, but without any message at the bottom saying it's been edited. What is going on?

I've noticed problems with the text changing size to match any different sized text I import as a quote by copy/paste. No big deal except the finished effect is print almost too small to read....

What browser/version are you using ?

I've noticed problems with the text changing size to match any different sized text I import as a quote by copy/paste. No big deal except the finished effect is print almost too small to read....

Paste the text in to a notepad first to remove the formatting, then copy and paste from there in to your post.

What browser/version are you using ?

I'm using the most up-to-date Google Chrome.

But the problems are all gone now. They lasted a few days and then went away.

Nothing's changed on this end, it must have been something to do with your system.