Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
WoIverine

Leonardo Da Vinci's Cave Experience

WoIverine

When was the first time you heard about it? Do you remember?

"Leonardo received an informal education in Latin, geometry and mathematics. In later life, Leonardo recorded only two childhood incidents. One, which he regarded as an omen, was when a kite dropped from the sky and hovered over his cradle, its tail feathers brushing his face.[13] The second occurred while exploring in the mountains. He discovered a cave and was both terrified that some great monster might lurk there and driven by curiosity to find out what was inside."

Supposedly (from what I've heard) this experience happened prior to his explosion of Renaissance work.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

Taun

I would have to say that this is the first time I've ever heard of this...

• Like 2

Ashotep

I've never heard of this but I have never researched Da Vinci's life. If this happened before his renaissance work maybe it influenced him.

Qwaiser

I've heard of the cave experince but not of the kite ...not much is known about the cave experince, he could wrote that he went to the cave, he didn't say what happened inside or what he say. I saw on Ancient Aliens..they claimed he had an encounter with E.Ts there.

DKO

What evidence did Ancient Aliens have for saying that? They just find anything that's a little mysterious and tie in the alien angle.

I don't think there was anything special about the cave, he just found it interesting from a geological standpoint.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_and_inventions_of_Leonardo_da_Vinci#Geology

Chauvet

Hi all..

I'm currently researching this cave event too.

I have had an idea bouncing around my head for a while now due to some other art work found in another cave and of one particular piece found in some of Leo's art..

In a nutshell, I'm wondering if there was ancient art in the cave that Leo got his inspiration from and may have spent the two years studying it and learning the techniques and methods.

There is a reason as to why i think this might be possible and it'll be easier if you check this link

http://chauvetdreams.co.uk/the-hunt-for-leonardos-cave/

My work focuses on the 30,000 year old cave art of Chauvet and you'll see in that link how at least twelve similarities between Leo's art and Chauvet's art are the spark for trying to find this cave...

May prove a waste of time, but if there is something in a cave then it might answer a lot and open a big can of worms..

• Like 1