Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Frogs weddings: in the hope of bringing rain

Still Waters

No matter how confident they feel about their relationship every bride worries their future spouse will croak at the alter come the big day.

But in the remote village of Takhatpur, India, croaking is the norm during the much-celebrated frog weddings.

Residents believe these unusual nuptials will bring rain to relieve them of water shortages brought on by severe drought.

http://www.dailymail...nging-rain.html

• Like 1

I would like to know which country the Witch Doctor came from and did his raindance in the U.K, we have to stop this guy before we submerge, or send him to Takhatpur..

People will believe anything.

Was this an arranged marriage? Hope it works out, I would hate to think how their hundreds of tadpoles would feel if they don't make it.

That won't work. If they want rain they should just come to Seattle in Juneuary. :td:

Jesus, some customs are just weird.

That won't work. If they want rain they should just come to Seattle in Juneuary. :td:

My back lawn is a foot high with grass and Weeds and waterlogged,and its raining,even the frogs are getting "brassed" off, Roll on Summer or have we had it ? (2 days sunshine in April)..
  • Like 1

I heard that Mrs. Frog has already let another frog fertilize her eggs. Mr. Frog ran off with some little hussy who just recently lost her tail and left the Mrs. to raise their tadpoles on her own.

Any reason for a party!

• Like 1

Now I wonder if it rained or not... and what would the people think if their ritual did not work at all.

Now I wonder if it rained or not... and what would the people think if their ritual did not work at all.

They might think, "Wow, that was an awesome party."

:)

I see no harm in this at all. Arranged marriages for poeple? Well, that's one thing. But for frogs, thats fine.