Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Allah the same as God in the Bible?

Philangeli

God is God. People just perceive him differently. There are some differences between how Muslims and Christians perceive their given God, but I think they are both talking about the same entity.

Edited by Blood_Sacrifice
  • Like 1

dern it...! forgot the person's name up there! the one who said Allah was a/the moon god...that's what I read also...I agree with that.

The most convenient aspect of this discussion is that if people can disagree and everyone find logical reasons to say the whole concept of a god is flawed then they never have to accept being told what to do or risk being judged when they fail to do so. Believers - ALL believers, regardless who they choose as god - at least are willing to admit there is a power greater than themselves. If a god asks you to harm then it is evil. If it asks you to forgive and love your enemy, I'd say that's the God I want to follow the best I can.

dern it...! forgot the person's name up there! the one who said Allah was a/the moon god...that's what I read also...I agree with that.

Surah Fussilat Ayaat 37.

And of His signs are the night and day and the sun and moon. Do not prostrate to the sun or to the moon, but prostate to Allah , who created them, if it should be Him that you worship.

I'm sure there is a mosque nearby where many of you live. Do try to visit it and find an answer instead of shooting around " I think" and " my opinion is " so freely with such topics.

Supposedly, Allah is the same God that wrote the Bible.

Muslims and Christians also supposedly serve the same God, but we don't. True Christian's haven't put anyone to death in years.

Edited by Insaniac

Supposedly, Allah is the same God that wrote the Bible.

Muslims and Christians also supposedly serve the same God, but we don't. True Christian's haven't put anyone to death in years.

What or who is a true Christian?

What or who is a true Christian?

Somebody who:

A: Continues to do what Christ assigned us to do, which is preach God's Word door to door. ~ Matthew 24: 3-14

B: Studies God's Word/Law, the Bible. ~ 2 Timothy 2:15

C: Doesn't worship symbols, like the cross. Jesus told us Himself not to worship Idols. ~ Acts 17:29-30

D: Undergoes an immersion baptism, as God wants us to choose to serve Him.

E: Practises what is good in Jehovah's eyes. ~ Psalm 1:1-3

F: Cultivates fruitage of the Spirit: Selfless Love, Long-Suffering, Peace, Kindness, Self-Control, Goodness, Joy, Faith, Mildness. For against such things, there is no law. ~ Galatian's 5: 22-26

I think there are more, but they're some of the most important indications. I'm being taught by the Jehovah's Witnesses, myself.

Peace and take care.

• Like 1

Somebody who:

A: Continues to do what Christ assigned us to do, which is preach God's Word door to door. ~ Matthew 24: 3-14

B: Studies God's Word/Law, the Bible. ~ 2 Timothy 2:15

C: Doesn't worship symbols, like the cross. Jesus told us Himself not to worship Idols. ~ Acts 17:29-30

D: Undergoes an immersion baptism, as God wants us to choose to serve Him.

E: Practises what is good in Jehovah's eyes. ~ Psalm 1:1-3

F: Cultivates fruitage of the Spirit: Selfless Love, Long-Suffering, Peace, Kindness, Self-Control, Goodness, Joy, Faith, Mildness. For against such things, there is no law. ~ Galatian's 5: 22-26

I think there are more, but they're some of the most important indications. I'm being taught by the Jehovah's Witnesses, myself.

Peace and take care.

I appriciate your answer however I dissagree that we worship different gods.

But, then, as I always say, you are right in your belief and I am right in my belief. The differences should point out our commonalities rather then our differentiations.

You too take care.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

Good God! Get over it already.

It's not "which God came first" or whatever, rather it's what doctrine believers subscribe to.

Which, by the way, can be very much different amongst religious believers proclaiming the same God.

• Like 1

Good God! Get over it already.

It's not "which God came first" or whatever, rather it's what doctrine believers subscribe to.

Which, by the way, can be very much different amongst religious believers proclaiming the same God.

I know right....

so easy to see.....

Yes

Allah is the same God as the God of the Bible

no they're not ,

if we were to say is " the father " in bible is same as allah it would be more true

since god idenity in bible is not exact on who exactly is god or at least some people make it hard to idenify

but giving the describtions of the " father " in the bible they nearly match with allah in islam if not perfectly match

Omg!!!! Not the moon god = Allah theory again! This tripe has long been destroyed by academics and historians! The two Christian missionaries that perpetuated the tripe were ridiculed along with those who later used their material in their own works.

Come on do I really have to come destroy this amateurish effort......or will people actually do some real research?

Omg!!!! Not the moon god = Allah theory again! This tripe has long been destroyed by academics and historians! The two Christian missionaries that perpetuated the tripe were ridiculed along with those who later used their material in their own works.

Come on do I really have to come destroy this amateurish effort......or will people actually do some real research?

you mean the people who claim allah who had daughter and sons bla bla bla moon god ?

i saw one time a person here who said that is the same allah

honestly i didn't feel it was worth it to reply to it

however the compare between god in the bible and allah is quite different

and if we were to take the father alone and compare it with allah qualities they quite match

but not the son .. nor the holy spirit have place in that compare

It's possible that there are three religions because there are many different people in the world - the Torah for some, the Bible for others, the Koran for more yet. Everyone's road to the destination is their own, but the map was written by the same hand.

Allah is a name meaning the highest, cause of all causes, and also the Eternal One as far as I can tell. Abraham is the connector of the 3 religions holy books. The different prophets of the different cultures caused the creation of religious sects which are an interpretating the same God but adding human opinions and their own culture to the "map".

Edited by White Unicorn

Well if Allah most wonderful and splendorifical is the God of the OT, the God of the Jews, why did it take him 3 religions to get it right? Him being all omni-everything, he should have knocked that out of the park first try right? Why a need for another religion for this God and another, does this God not realize wars are going to be over what he didn't get right and set forth in the first try, Jews against Muslims, Christians against Muslims, etc?

Probably the same reason the God of the Bible, Koran, etc had the Noah flood. People have to get the main message right which is basically the golden rule when you have free will. The punishment is destruction and not having peace until they get it right. The time in between is a grace period where you get His mercy if you turn from the evil in the world. All three of these religions also have that as a common thread.

There Allah is the same to our god the father...There is only one God..They were all same...

Probably the same reason the God of the Bible, Koran, etc had the Noah flood. People have to get the main message right which is basically the golden rule when you have free will. The punishment is destruction and not having peace until they get it right. The time in between is a grace period where you get His mercy if you turn from the evil in the world. All three of these religions also have that as a common thread.

That is not free will.