Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"My replica of the Titanic is haunted"

Still Waters

A man says his exact replica of the ill-fated Titanic has two passengers: ghosts.

Wyatt Jason Moore, from Portsmouth, Virginia, spent more than nine years to painstakingly produce the 200lb vessel that sits in his living room and now it appears two lost souls may have moved in.

Mr Moore said he'd been hearing strange noises near the ship and when he was snapping some photos of his prize possession, the apparitions appeared in the camera's lens.

http://www.dailymail...-years-ago.html

• Like 1

Okee dokee...now that gives me the willies. Thanks so much for sharing the article. I'm looking forward to reading other members' takes on it. I'd offer one, but I'm still a bit taken aback. Anything having to do with that ship is eerie to me.

• Like 1

Why would the spirits from the Titanic move into a much smaller replica in some random guy's house?

• Like 8

A cheap publicity stunt seems the more likely scenario to me,looking at the photo i couldn't see anything.

That isnt an exact replica of the Titanic anyway...it doesnt have a huge tear in its hull...

Edited by BrianPotter
  • Like 7

Why would the spirits from the Titanic move into a much smaller replica in some random guy's house?

Did I miss something? I don't recall reading that the guy claimed it was ghosts of passengers who drowned when the Titanic went down. Or am I more senile than I suspect?

Did I miss something? I don't recall reading that the guy claimed it was ghosts of passengers who drowned when the Titanic went down. Or am I more senile than I suspect?

He said maybe its two passengers from the Titanic..

Edited by BrianPotter

He said maybe its two passengers from the Titanic..

Thanks, Brian. My bad. I didn't read the article carefully enough. As to that claim, I agree with Rockie. Highly unlikely.

Thanks, Brian. My bad. I didn't read the article carefully enough. As to that claim, I agree with Rockie. Highly unlikely.

Ah no probs...you were just lucky cause I'd only just that minute read it...lol....i always miss bits in articles but i just put it down to age.... :)

• Like 1

It's an impressive model, but oddly I'm not convinced by the ghostly inhabitants...

I doubt its haunted but it could be.

I miss stuff in articles too. Makes me look like a idiot sometimes.

Easily fixed, put it into a swimming pool with some large slabs of ice and see whether they abandon ship when it sinks.

• Like 4

Because it didn't sink and was a free place to hang their ghost coats pluss it was dry.

I think he's marketing his model after it took so much of his time. Gorgeous work....and his free advertising reached me all the way over here lol

• Like 1

so he can sell it for good price and share the money with the ghosts ? :D

It's obvious that the model was lovingly and painstakingly built to represent the actual ship, but I doubt that two spirits from the Titanic just happened along and moved in. Maybe all the time invested and the events of the ship's story are haunting him. He said he built it after watching A Night To Remember. Good movie and good book though a little dated now. It was an original in it's day.

• Like 1

why the ghostly image of a men appear horizontally, its only pareidolia.

And if he don't care about other believe him or not, why call the TV crew?

I believe he wanted an attention his replica, so he can have a chance to be displayed in a museum....but that's only my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

It's probably the ghosts of the last nine years of his life, angered at how they were frittered away on a model of the Titanic

• Like 2

The article's from the Daily Mail, which is enough to make me doubt its veracity even without reading it... ;)

• Like 1

I cant see the faces too well, maybe the musium will when they but it off him.

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...