Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pack of eight wolves maul woman keeper

Still Waters

A female keeper was today mauled to death by a pack of eight wolves at a popular Swedish zoo, police said.

The 30-year-old woman had entered the wolf enclosure at Kolmarden park, in the Ostergotland district, alone at about 11am when the deadly incident happened.

It is understood that visitors to the zoo then witnessed the horrific attack.

http://www.dailymail...rs-look-on.html

hmmm...looks like the wolves were electing a new pack leader....

Given Sweden's paranoid fear of wolves it seems odd that there is a semi-socilaized pack in a zoo and that visitors would want to encounter them. Difficult to judge the cause for the attack, I wonder if the victim was a new member of staff; from my own experience socialized wolves regarded us two-legs as part of the pack - yes, you had to be accepted, but after that there was nothing but mutual affection and trust.

EDIT: Just checked other news agencies, it seems the victim was an experienced keeper, which makes the attack more baffling - and contrary to the DM's report, apparently there were no witnesses.

Edited by Oppono Astos
  • Like 1

How awful. I can't believe they let the public in to interact with them. You can't predict what the public will do around the wolves, and what the wolves will do either, which the facility should've known.

I'm not glad it was her, but I am glad it wasn't someone's child or children. Now what, they euthanise the wolves?