Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Am I Cursed?

pisceanheart

Am I cursed? It seems like every venture I try to get off the ground never goes anywhere. Just wondering.

Yes, you're cursed. Go into a dimly lit room, surround yourself with incense, and listen to some Barbra Streissand. It works for me every time; or perhaps I am just ****ed up.

• Like 4

I don't think that's enough evidence to call curse.

Who knows when that one venture might become successful that could be the big one. You'll look back and say "aha, so that's what I was waiting for through all of that unsuccessful crap".

• Like 1

I don't think you are cursed. Starting something new can be a curse of its own. Most new ventures in capitalism fail.

Don't most ventures fail for people? Why jump straight to being cursed instead of a it just being a poorly planned venture?

• Like 2

I think you're experience being human, life isn't meant to work and it's not meant to be easy.

No, you are not cursed at all, Pisceanheart. But you might want to try a different approach to finding fulfillment. You can do it. :-)

• Like 2

You're no more or less cursed than any of the rest of us. It's called life and it can be a bear to deal with at times and it will often seem as though you're cursed, but it just life.

Trust me, if we all wrote our issues down on a piece of paper, mixed then all up and you could look over everyone else's issues, you chose to have the ones you have.

The good news is a run of bad luck will play out at some point. Hang in there Sunshine, your day is coming.

• Like 2

I think in life people sometimes have a tendency to be slightly pecimistic about things. Things like 'why me' or 'why now' are often said. When bad things happen we always seem to think ourselves unlucky, but the reverse isn't really the same. If you drive down the road and hit five red lights in a row you would probably shake your fist and shout what is it with these ******* lights today?! but then on another day, when they're all green, you won't even notice it.

Aww, thanks everybody.

It just seems like whenever I start something that needs support in order to reach it's fullest potential, I always get people who wonder why it didn't take off as much as it should have and then I wonder the same thing. No matter what I tried, failure always seemed like a never ending result for me, even after the fact that I worked on it for hours, days and weeks. Then I would see someone else do something similar and success would just come to them effortlessly. So it made me wonder if I had been cursed.

Here is one random example. I had a project that received over 400 likes from people on Facebook, but still did not reach my pledge goal amount of $5,000 to get it off the ground in 40 days. Despite many seeing it, only a little under $800 was pledged. (It was even listed as a popular start-up to where they showed it to more people, yet hardly anyone cared.) Meanwhile, I've seen many projects that received less than 50 likes, that requested much higher amounts like $20,000+ raise that and more within 20 days.

The only time I get attention is when I give my talents away for free, which seems to hurt my dreams of ever being able to create a business where people buy my pre-made goods.

I think I just need to keep staying positive and stop letting the negative bring me down. I always pick back up where I left off anyway, since I'm driven more by passion.

Positivity goes a long way. And $800 in 40 days from random people sounds successful to me.

I don't know what your projects are but you are obviously expecting people to give you financial backing to take them to fruition. Please don't be offended by this but I don't think you can really expect people, especially in the current worldwide economic climate, to be willing to give you money to help you with your projects. Why don't you go to a bank or financial institution for backing? If you have a business idea which is feasible then they should hopefully be able to assist you. Maybe you should take a more businesslike approach to your goals, as opposed to hoping that people on a social networking site will back you. You are not cursed, you just need to take a different, and more professional approach, to achieving your goals, good luck! :yes:

• Like 3

@Fran- I get what you mean, but it was a Kick Starter on www.kickstarter.com. That's what the website was created for. It helps/has helped start up many successful businesses.

At first, I gave samples of my product away my for free, but then received many requests to make it available for print. Being that I can't do that with my own funds, I'm almost out of debt since I only have one loan to pay off, and the last thing I need is to borrow and possibly get into more debt, I felt it made sense. If over $100,000 can be raised for people to fund their comic books on the regular, it only made sense that way less than that could be raised for a project that is put in place to raise the self-esteem of young girls. So I looked into this website.

However, I did not use that website for 98% of all my other projects that fell through.

I'd say the smart approach financially would be to at least try and get a business grant before a getting a business loan. Borrowing money hurts the economy more than it does simply volunteering to give it.

Edited by pisceanheart

pisceanheart: I sincerely hope it all goes well for you and forget about the curse, there isn't one!!!!! Good luck. :yes:

Pessimism is a sort of curse.. Remember, there are alot of ways to fail; finding these mistakes is part of the leap in anything.

Actually, things should be turning around for you shortly in life for the better and you'll be abandoning any hopeless situation you may be currently facing soon enough. Focus along the lines of making money a little more instead of matters of love and relationships. Be sure to put plans into action and devoting more time to the spiritual is another thing to consider. Making an effort is the main thing, taking more time to just be is something else I was getting and whenever things do turn around for you, you'll be quite satisfied as the result.

Focus along the lines of making money a little more instead of matters of love and relationships.

Be gone, you snake in the grass.

Sounds like your problem is marketing, not a curse.

Haha. :(

Pessimism is a sort of curse.. Remember, there are alot of ways to fail; finding these mistakes is part of the leap in anything.

This is true. Thank you. :)

Actually, things should be turning around for you shortly in life for the better and you'll be abandoning any hopeless situation you may be currently facing soon enough. Focus along the lines of making money a little more instead of matters of love and relationships. Be sure to put plans into action and devoting more time to the spiritual is another thing to consider. Making an effort is the main thing, taking more time to just be is something else I was getting and whenever things do turn around for you, you'll be quite satisfied as the result.

Thank you. I do tend to get distracted easily.

Edited by pisceanheart

Be gone, you snake in the grass.

Thanks for the comment, I was trying to be visionary about the future of the OP when I looked at the topic and instantly felt a good premonition for the benefit of the person who created the topic that I felt was very necessary to bring up instead of choosing not to say anything. I'm trying to enhance my abilities to see future events better and a great way to do that is to practice and make sure I'm on course to remain self-assured of what I can do.

• Like 2

I was trying to be visionary about the future of the OP when I looked at the topic and instantly felt a good premonition for the benefit of the person who created the topic that I felt was very necessary to bring up instead of choosing not to say anything.

It's very appreciated. I will let you know if something happens.

Edited by pisceanheart
  • Like 1

Thanks for the comment, I was trying to be visionary about the future of the OP when I looked at the topic and instantly felt a good premonition for the benefit of the person who created the topic that I felt was very necessary to bring up instead of choosing not to say anything. I'm trying to enhance my abilities to see future events better and a great way to do that is to practice and make sure I'm on course to remain self-assured of what I can do.

Relax, it was a joke.

I'm relaxed about it but I've been criticized alot through-out my life and was pretty quick on the uptake from it when I popped in to see if the OP replied to me or not but then later on I started thinking about it again and realized the way you put that was kinda funny in a way. My apologies for blowing up on you like that.

To the topic creator, I wish you the best in the future. My readings aren't as detailed as the rest of the Psychics here who give readings to people but I'm still quite new at understanding future outcomes as I've been studying the feelings of others since the beginning of last year as my best ability and now I'm migrating to understanding future events better, beginning this as of recent and would like to see if I'm any good at it. Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

UPDATE: So much has happened since this last post. After my first campaign failed, I decided to give up on that route. However, I received many messages from people urging me to relaunch the campaign. Despite my doubts, I started another campaign and raised over $5,000.

I was able to use that money to create the first product idea, which was manufactured and ready for purchase in under four months after this post was made. Around that same time, I was called back to work (although it was a temporary one) and used the some of the money from that job, along with the money that I got back on taxes, to get backpacks, wall decor, stationery and apparel created.

I'm not yet making enough from my business to live off of, but I know in my heart that this is what I was meant to do. The reason I know is because it makes me so happy and I create designs so quickly because of it. This is unusual for me, as with most things I tend to put off for months or even years. In addition, these products helped many people with their self-esteem issues, which also makes me feel good. Also, for every product I have designed on my computer so far, I have never had the money to get them manufactured at the time I made the design, but somehow the money for it comes to me. I think this is another way that the universe is telling me that this is where I need to be.

Although I sometimes stress over the fact that I'm not at least making five figures at this point because I really just want to stop struggling, I don't overlook the small things when it comes to money. I think my greatest success so far was when I made $3,000 in two days at trade show selling my products this past April. Up until that point, I have never made $3,000 in two MONTHS, let alone two days, so this was a lot for me.

I want to say thank you to everybody who pushed me to be more optimistic. It helps.

Edited by pisceanheart
  • Like 1