Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Uri Geller on private island 'UFO hotspot'

He's all mystical until you try to get him to bend spoons he hasn't prepared.

[media=]

[/media]

BTW James Randi is my hero. :tu:

Anyone that exposes these charlatans is a hero of mine. Thanks for posting, DKO.

• Like 1

why you guys saying that he is a fraud? i think he really can bend spoons ..

I can bend spoons. It's actually pretty easy when you know the trick:

Exhibit A:

dsc0053ej.jpg

Exhibit B, taken 15 seconds later:

dsc0054ti.jpg

It's a neat trick, but not hard to pull off if you know what you're doing.

edit: I uploaded the raw JPEGs from my camera so you can check the details (my pics have the EXIF data included) - it took 15 seconds from taking a fresh spoon in my hand to warping it into a Uri Geller-esque bent spoon.

edit2: I don't have a video camera (I have a DSLR that I gave my brother to take these pics and it has no video capability) and my phone doesn't even have a camera so sorry for the lack of video footage, but you can check YouTube, it's trivial to emulate Uri Geller in this respect.

Edited by Archimedes

Uri is a bit strange.

Many many years ago when he was a hot item, he was doing a late night TV show in US.

He planned to do - amongst other things, bend spoons - which was making him some kind of sensation.

Little did Uri know that when he came to that segment of his show, the host supplied the spoons and would not let him use his own.

Geller left the stage in a huff without doing that particular trick and became somewhat of a laughing stock. He was not heard from for wuite some time.

Good to see ya back, Uri LOL

why you guys saying that he is a fraud? i think he really can bend spoons ..

Yes. He can bend spoons, but only those he has specially prepared himself. Any spoon given to him that he has not had prior contact with, he refuses to even attempt to bend and comes up with excuses as to why he wont attempt it, or leaves the stage having thrown his dummy out of the pram. Highly suspicious in anyone's book!.

The man is a fraud. If you cannot see, or realise this, then maybe you should change your name to WhyAmISoGullible! :)

• Like 2

I can bend spoons and forks too! I draw the line at knives though. ouch!

“I know some people don’t believe in UFOs, but there’s many people who don’t believe in my mental powers either.”

I believe he has mental powers, I feel I might be in a completely different context to Uri though.

He's all mystical until you try to get him to bend spoons he hasn't prepared.

[media=]

[/media]

Hey DKO

That was more than excellent viewing, thank you for that, do you know if Randi has done much in the way of television? This was brilliant, I'd like to see a full show.

I particularly liked the little jokes, like the psychic surgeon at the end, I had almost forgotten about those psychic surgeons, I wonder if anyone is still working that scam?

• Like 1

I can bend spoons and forks too! I draw the line at knives though. ouch!

I saw that Tonight Show episode when I was 7 or 8. It kicked off a long phase where I read all the magic books and psychic books at the library I could get my hands on. I could bend spoons and the famous yahoo on TV couldn't. Sometimes I'd guess the song on the radio before it came on so I was psychic. I thought I was magic too, even if i was following instructions that apply to physics, not magic. I shook the stupid notion pretty quick. But I kind of wonder if some of these screwball adults out there who are suppossedly psychic or perform "extreme" magic still think they really are special.

I saw that Tonight Show episode when I was 7 or 8. It kicked off a long phase where I read all the magic books and psychic books at the library I could get my hands on. I could bend spoons and the famous yahoo on TV couldn't. Sometimes I'd guess the song on the radio before it came on so I was psychic. I thought I was magic too, even if i was following instructions that apply to physics, not magic. I shook the stupid notion pretty quick. But I kind of wonder if some of these screwball adults out there who are suppossedly psychic or perform "extreme" magic still think they really are special.

I bet some do.

LOL, I remember when I was about 4 or 5 that I thought you could train yourself to be a superhero! I remember "training" myself for what seemed forever, must have been days! And when I thought I was ready I promptly tried to fly right of the laundry roof.

To this day I still am trying to work out where I went wrong :lol: Bet my Mum had a laugh.

Hey DKO

That was more than excellent viewing, thank you for that, do you know if Randi has done much in the way of television? This was brilliant, I'd like to see a full show.

I particularly liked the little jokes, like the psychic surgeon at the end, I had almost forgotten about those psychic surgeons, I wonder if anyone is still working that scam?

Cheers mate. Yes he has done a lot of TV work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Randi#TV_and_film

He has the One Million Dollar Challenge. If someone can prove to him in controlled conditions that they have paranormal powers he will give them one million dollars. It's been going since the 70s I think and no one has won, many have tried though. He had a TV show based on that, people would come on the show and show their alleged powers, he would prove them wrong every time.

I think he was on a couple episodes of Penn & Tellers: Bullsh!t. Which is a good show as well if you haven't seen it.

There are many good videos of him on Youtube too.

Here's a couple. (sorry if it's a little off topic guys).

• Like 1

In the words of Uri Geller bend a the spoon bend a the spoon bend a the spoon oh come on bend a the bloody spoon.

james rhandi is a fraud .. lol those match boxes ... you guys see.. thankx to guys like that.. no 1 believes anymore :( offcours there lotsa frauds out there..

uri geller fraud ? nah , i still believe in him ! he can stick bottles on his chest and alot of other things..( human magnets)

comman guys uri is real .. james is fake ! a damn you guys.. now i need to find out maself .. making me duobt uri like this lol hahaha ..

alright time to find out the truth about uri .. hahahhah brb ... the truth about uri ? damnit ! just wait . i still give him 51 % that he is real !

okay i just looked around and i still believe he is real !

Cheers mate. Yes he has done a lot of TV work.

http://en.wikipedia....ndi#TV_and_film

He has the One Million Dollar Challenge. If someone can prove to him in controlled conditions that they have paranormal powers he will give them one million dollars. It's been going since the 70s I think and no one has won, many have tried though. He had a TV show based on that, people would come on the show and show their alleged powers, he would prove them wrong every time.

I think he was on a couple episodes of Penn & Tellers: Bullsh!t. Which is a good show as well if you haven't seen it.

There are many good videos of him on Youtube too.

Here's a couple. (sorry if it's a little off topic guys).

Hi DKO

Thanks a million, they were great viewing. I had heard of the million dollar challenge through his website, I have visited the forums but never seen him in person, Quite an amazing character! I didn't remember him from Happy Days, but the HBO special sounds great, I will be tracing that one down. I have not watched a full episode of P&T but seen snippets and heard alot about them I am going to have to get into that.

Thanks again mate, I owe you one. How's WA, getting cold over in the East. I have visited Perth, and spent a couple weeks in Esperance, loved the place.

How good is that matchbox, I have to try that one!

Cheers.

okay i just looked around and i still believe he is real !

Is there anything other than science that you do not believe in?

okay i just looked around and i still believe he is real ! [media=]

[/media]

Of course he is real...cut him and he'll bleed just like the rest of us....he is just a fraud concerning his 'abilities'

Edited by BrianPotter

Is there anything other than science that you do not believe in?

GOD !

its not that i dont believe in science . http://wilstar.com/theories.htm .. but we are talking about supernatural and stuff .. things you cannot explain , scienctific !

Edited by WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

On this site someone even claimed Randi had the power to block psychic powers.

Hi DKO

Thanks a million, they were great viewing. I had heard of the million dollar challenge through his website, I have visited the forums but never seen him in person, Quite an amazing character! I didn't remember him from Happy Days, but the HBO special sounds great, I will be tracing that one down. I have not watched a full episode of P&T but seen snippets and heard alot about them I am going to have to get into that.

Thanks again mate, I owe you one. How's WA, getting cold over in the East. I have visited Perth, and spent a couple weeks in Esperance, loved the place.

How good is that matchbox, I have to try that one!

Cheers.

I'm glad you enjoyed them. He definitely is a character, funny, clever and polite. I've watched a lot of his videos on youtube and his website. There are a few heated debates between him and psychics, the whole time he is nothing but polite and respectful while the psychics resort to name calling and personal attacks.

Yeah P&T even say that James Randi and Houdini were the main inspirations for their show.

Haha the matchbox is a good one. I seen a video on youtube where in Australia during the 80s or 90s, 60 Minutes or Today Tonight (forget which one) got him to come here and debunk some psychic going around. I forget how it turned out but it was a good one. (cant find the video atm, not at home).

Yeah starting to get cold, hailed a bit today. I miss the summer haha. The only eastern city I've been to is Melbourne, awesome city. Gotta check out the east coast a bit more though. Been to Bali a lot more than places in my own country lol.

On this site someone even claimed Randi had the power to block psychic powers.

LOL, the ultimate psychic power.

What are the coordinates of his island?

james rhandi is a fraud .. lol those match boxes ... you guys see.. thankx to guys like that.. no 1 believes anymore :( offcours there lotsa frauds out there..

uri geller fraud ? nah , i still believe in him ! he can stick bottles on his chest and alot of other things..( human magnets)

comman guys uri is real .. james is fake ! a damn you guys.. now i need to find out maself .. making me duobt uri like this lol hahaha ..

alright time to find out the truth about uri .. hahahhah brb ... the truth about uri ? damnit ! just wait . i still give him 51 % that he is real !

:w00t::wacko:

Good Lord,... Its like finding someone that still believes that fireblasting dragons are flying around. I guess I shouldnt be that surprised, I mean, after all, there are people who still buy the Billy Meier scam.