Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Uri Geller on private island 'UFO hotspot'

Also I find it weird how he claims there is ancient Egyptian treasure buried on the island. The island is roughly 100m x 50m (328 feet x 164 feet). It shouldn't be that hard to find it by now, unless it's buried very deep or he's not allowed to dig on the island.

Just starving for attention I think.

I don't think he 'claims' there actually is treasure there...but that he is going to have a look for Ancient Egyptian artefacts because of the

possible connections with AE ..

http://news.bbc.co.u...ast/8551579.stm

quote...

"Celebrity spoon-bender Uri Geller is to spend 24 hours on an island in the Forth searching for Egyptian treasure.

Mr Geller, 63, plans to look for ancient artefacts thought to be left by Tutankamun's sister on the Island of Lamb, which he bought last year.

He plans to use a Y-shaped twig to dowse for the treasure on the island, which he believes is linked to the Egyptian pyramids at Giza.

Afterwards he will sleep on the island in a tent on Saturday night.

It will be the first time that he has set foot on the island, which he bought last year.

British mythology

The Lamb is the middle of three rocky islands which are said to mirror the layout of the pyramids at Giza, in Egypt.

Mr Geller believes it could be the site of treasure buried by exiled Egyptian Princess Scota.

"The Lamb is one of the keystones to British mythology," he said.

"I am fascinated by the connection between the pyramids and these islands."

He added that he would ensure that the seabirds on the island would not be disturbed during his search."

and it looks like there is a case for a connection with Scotland and Ancient Egypt so finding 'treasure' it isn't out of the question....

http://www.sacredcon...otlandegypt.htm

quote....

According to the ancient Scots Chronicles the origin of the Scottish people, at least in part, derives from the Pharaonic lineage of an Egyptian princess named Scota, who may have lived around 1400 B.C. The old Irish Annals support this same tradition saying that Scota came to Ireland, via Spain, from Egypt. Even today the placename Glen Scota traditionally records her presence in Ireland. Subsequently descendants of Scota apparently migrated to Scotland around 300 B.C. from whence came the Scots royal lineage.

The feasibility of Egyptian travel to the British Isles in ancient times is borne out by modern archaeological findings. This occurred in 1937 when two Egyptian sailing ships, dated to around 1400 B.C., were discovered in a Yorkshire estuary, on the north west coast of England. Moreover, Egyptian faience beads dating from the same period have been found in Scotland and other parts of the British Isles.

For anyone interested.....A film made by Stanford Research Institute (SRI), a California based think-tank on Uri Geller...

[media=]

[/media]

for the record....I think Uri Geller is genuine... :yes:

Don't know if you are aware that your hero is in another spot of bother, this time regarding his long term partner who is accused of

stealing the identity of Jose Alvarez....

This is James Randi's statement to a Judge about it April 5th 2012....

https://docs.google....tdzQ/edit?pli=1#

:tu:

Yeah I heard about that. I said James Randi is my hero (in a joke sort of way), I don't care what his partner did. James Randi's work is what I like.

I don't think he 'claims' there actually is treasure there...but that he is going to have a look for Ancient Egyptian artefacts because of the

possible connections with AE ..

http://news.bbc.co.u...ast/8551579.stm

quote...

"Celebrity spoon-bender Uri Geller is to spend 24 hours on an island in the Forth searching for Egyptian treasure.

Mr Geller, 63, plans to look for ancient artefacts thought to be left by Tutankamun's sister on the Island of Lamb, which he bought last year.

He plans to use a Y-shaped twig to dowse for the treasure on the island, which he believes is linked to the Egyptian pyramids at Giza.

Afterwards he will sleep on the island in a tent on Saturday night.

It will be the first time that he has set foot on the island, which he bought last year.

British mythology

The Lamb is the middle of three rocky islands which are said to mirror the layout of the pyramids at Giza, in Egypt.

Mr Geller believes it could be the site of treasure buried by exiled Egyptian Princess Scota.

"The Lamb is one of the keystones to British mythology," he said.

"I am fascinated by the connection between the pyramids and these islands."

He added that he would ensure that the seabirds on the island would not be disturbed during his search."

*SNIP*

Well whether he claims it or believes it he still should have found something by now if there was anything.

And why make that sort of thing public? "Hey i'm going to go look for ancient Egyptian treasure on my island that I just bought". Why not just bring it to attention if he found something instead of telling everyone he is going to do this.

Yeah I heard about that. I said James Randi is my hero (in a joke sort of way), I don't care what his partner did. James Randi's work is what I like.

It seems that James Randi also didn't care that his partner stole someone's identity.....

Well whether he claims it or believes it he still should have found something by now if there was anything.

And why make that sort of thing public? "Hey i'm going to go look for ancient Egyptian treasure on my island that I just bought". Why not just bring it to attention if he found something instead of telling everyone he is going to do this.

I expect the media got it from his web site...

http://site.uri-gell...ght_lamb_island

He has the One Million Dollar Challenge. If someone can prove to him in controlled conditions that they have paranormal powers he will give them one million dollars. It's been going since the 70s I think and no one has won, many have tried though. He had a TV show based on that, people would come on the show and show their alleged powers, he would prove them wrong every time.

[media=]

[/media]

Lawyer Victor Zammit explains why he advises psychics and mediums to ignore James Randi's so-called $1million challenge.

It seems that James Randi also didn't care that his partner stole someone's identity.....

Well no ones perfect. If James Randi's worst crime is knowing someone who was committing identity theft to obtain a passport then he's doing alright. Compared to EVERY psychic that lies and gives false hope to desperate and sad families. That's far worse in my opinion.

I expect the media got it from his web site...

http://site.uri-gell...ght_lamb_island

Fair enough.

Lawyer Victor Zammit explains why he advises psychics and mediums to ignore James Randi's so-called $1million challenge.

I can answer that, because they are frauds.

I wonder if the lawyer using every slimey trick could get the prize money?

Edit: The video has comments and likes disabled, not hard to see why.

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 1

I can answer that, because they are frauds.

well you are the expert Rlyeh..lol ^_^:no:

http://site.uri-gell...bout_uri_geller

a couple of quotes from the above link...(edit....sorry about the small print)

"Geller has bent my ring in the palm of my hand without ever touching it. Personally, I have no scientific explanation for the phenomena."

Dr. Wernher von Braun (NASA scientist & father of the Rocket - U.S.A.)

"Based on preliminary investigations of Uri, I cannot establish fraud. The powers of this man are a phenomenon which theoretical physics cannot yet explain."

Dr Friedbert Karger (Max Planck Institute for Plasma Physics, Munich, Germany)

Edited by bee

well you are the expert Rlyeh..lol ^_^:no:

http://site.uri-gell...bout_uri_geller

Some researchers were even fooled into thinking two magicians had psychic powers.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Project_Alpha

Now just imagine if they hadn't come clean?

Really, scientists study evidence they acquire or are presented with, they aren't immune to deliberate trickery.

Edited by Rlyeh

[media=]

[/media]

This Lawyer is a fraud. He has a bald head yet he hides this fact buy covering it with hair from another man's head.

One fraudulent man protecting other fraudulent men :tu: He is a wig for those who fail the Randi tests...

Disclaimer: This post was posted in jest.

Well no ones perfect. If James Randi's worst crime is knowing someone who was committing identity theft to obtain a passport then he's doing alright. Compared to EVERY psychic that lies and gives false hope to desperate and sad families. That's far worse in my opinion.

Yeah, the lengths people will go to protect their dear psychics and mediums.... Randi is the bad guy.... unbelievable...

Yeah, the lengths people will go to protect their dear psychics and mediums.... Randi is the bad guy.... unbelievable...

I don't know if Randi is a 'bad guy' as such.....but he might not be the thoroughly good guy that his supporters would have us believe.

How DOES a gay guy around (then) 60 years old get to meet a 'foreign' gay teenager? Think about it....

Then that young man is used to perpertrate a hoax on the Australian public as 'Carlos'......a fake channeller.

How vunerable would that young man be? And in need of an income? And a new identity?

The words 'Sugar Daddy' spring to mind.

Randi himself has made a darn good living from what he does.....and over the years his lover/partner 'Jose Alvarez' has had employment

in the James Randi Educational Foundation. While Randi was fully aware of his illegal status.

edit to say....and maybe even helped him obtain his fake ID...?.

Edited by bee

Please, bee,... anyone but him. :santa:

"Geller has bent my ring in the palm of my hand without ever touching it. Personally, I have no scientific explanation for the phenomena."

Dr. Wernher von Braun (NASA scientist & father of the Rocket - U.S.A.)

So who here is seriously going to argue with that qoute? This guy made the moon landing possible. (if it happened lol)

So he is either lying which means the moon mission etc could be a lie.

Or he is telling the truth which is backed up by the fact he made the rocket technology needed to get into space.

This is what makes me laugh, skeptics will cling to Brauns science yet the moment he says something like this they will say it's a lie, he was going nuts or they just ignore it. lol

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 1

So who here is seriously going to argue with that qoute? This guy made the moon landing possible. (if it happened lol)

Or he is telling the truth which is backed up by the fact he made the rocket technology needed to get into space.

This is what makes me laugh, skeptics will cling to Brauns science yet the moment he says something like this they will say it's a lie, he was going nuts or they just ignore it. lol

Or he switched rings.

Or he switched rings.

Geller has bent my ring in the palm of my hand without ever touching it

Geller didn't touch the ring, it was in Brauns hand the whole time.

Edited by Coffey

Are we still talking about Fodor ?or what ever he`s called?

[media=]

[/media]

The same liar who says "Yes there is an afterlife" and goes on to say there is scientific proof of such. Give me a break Bee. You are a crackpot magnet. Yes, very convincing NOT.

It shows the lengths of desperation required to so much as challenge a skeptic, and the dismal failure of the unwarranted character assassination shows how low some will sink to discredit anyone capable of tearing down fantasies. Knowing someone who committed a crime is no crime, and in no way affects ones character. The "real crime" was evading deportation.

Didn't watch the matchbox clip did you. Those guys must feel like right idiots.

Geller didn't touch the ring, it was in Brauns hand the whole time.

That is called "slight of hand" Practise it long enough and it is quite convincing. I can fool quite a few with the melting rubber band trick myself. Randi shows in the first clip posted here how he steals someones watch without them realising it.

Good God man, are you seriously taken in by such basic tomfoolery?

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

The same liar who says "Yes there is an afterlife" and goes on to say there is scientific proof of such. Give me a break Bee. You are a crackpot magnet. Yes, very convincing NOT.

Why can't people just accept the fact that nobody has dared to take his challenge yet? Instead, It's always beating around the bush about how James Randi is bad or how it is rigged or how no 'real psychic' wants 'attention' or 'validation' or that sort of bull hoagie.

By the way, I thought Uri Geller was the butt of every science fraud joke since the 80's, I guess I was wrong, people still believe him.

Why can't people just accept the fact that nobody has dared to take his challenge yet? Instead, It's always beating around the bush about how James Randi is bad or how it is rigged or how no 'real psychic' wants 'attention' or 'validation' or that sort of bull hoagie.

By the way, I thought Uri Geller was the butt of every science fraud joke since the 80's, I guess I was wrong, people still believe him.

All the liars fakes and scammers need some excuse I suppose. They all know they have a snowballs chance in hell of proving their claims. It's all good in a darkened parlor or with cameras, take those away and the "magic" disappears, just like it did for Uri Geller on the Carson show. I would like to see one of them explain how Popoff's ousting, but see that is religion, the believer double standard applies and they are of the belief that if it is used on religion, that is fine, but put another belief on the line like ET on earth, and BAM, you are suddenly not playing fair. Hypocrites.

I have to agree, I am flabbergasted tat anyone would still be fooled by such basic tomfoolery, and if that is not bad enough, several clips have been posted showing anyone and everyone how to bend spoons. Self delusion at it's highest.

• Like 1

Didn't watch the matchbox clip did you. Those guys must feel like right idiots.

Hey psyche you'll like this one. A simple magic trick by Uri Geller that managed to fool many people.

Look closely at his hands at around 1:15, Look what he puts on his thumb lol.