Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

£100m ticket to the moon

skookum

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• skookum

• Taun

• Junior Chubb

• csspwns

Top Posters In This Topic

Any one got a spare £100m?

£100 Million?? When are Easy Jet going to start offering moon trips?

Just a thought I wonder how much the first commercial airline ticket cost compared to today?

I though I think their idea is a tad ambitious when you think about it you have to start somewhere.

I wish them all the best, they have obviously invested a lot into it.

Great article! I knew nothing of this, much less the Isle of Man, before reading and doing a google search.

Great article! I knew nothing of this, much less the Isle of Man, before reading and doing a google search.

Yes its really strange, but they have bought the kit and seem to have a plan. Maybe we have been far to focused on China's recent efforts.

Just a thought I wonder how much the first commercial airline ticket cost compared to today?

I though I think their idea is a tad ambitious when you think about it you have to start somewhere.

I wish them all the best, they have obviously invested a lot into it.

Interesting question...

I looked up the earliest ticket price I could find (1914 for a boat plane from St. Petersburg, Fla to Tampa, Fla) was $15...

A bit of research revealed that the 1914 US Dollar is worth $22 in 2010 (most current date i could find)... So that ticket would cost $330 today...

I found a flight from St. Petersburg to Tampa for $68 (didn't spend a lot of time doing it so there might be cheaper ones)..

$68 is (roughly) 20% of $330... so we could illogically expect ticket prices to the moon to be reduced to a 'mere' 20 million Pounds by the year 2108... Give or take a half pence or two...

Edited by Taun

I didn't read anything about a return trip. Maybe that will cost an additional 100m.

I didn't read anything about a return trip. Maybe that will cost an additional 100m.

Nope... That's where they really 'stick it to you'... getting there is 100m... get BACK is 300!

plus... 10m per bag up to three, 25m per bag after that... oxygen is extra as is the complimentary bag of peanuts...

Edited by Taun

Nope... That's where they really 'stick it to you'... getting there is 100m... get BACK is 300!

plus... 10m per bag up to three, 25m per bag after that... oxygen is extra as is the complimentary bag of peanuts...

They probably chuck in a parachute and gas mask just in case you can't afford it.

I think if and I do mean a big IF this works I can see a reasonable space travel appear in 60 years maybe more. Probably at the price of a Concorde seat. Out of the reach of mere mortals and I will be long gone but not impossible for our children but most likely our Grand Children.

I feel the the ball is starting to roll, lets face it 10 years ago everyone would have been hysterical at such an idea.