Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Graveyard Of Rhino-Sized Mega-Wombats Found

skookum

Looks delicious!

You'd definitely not want one of those dropping off a tree on to your head!

Giant drop-wombats can be detrimental to your health!

• Like 1

This is going to be in my nightmares tonight.

I remember reading somewhere that the diprotodon was probably the mythical Bunyip.

• Like 1

I remember reading somewhere that the diprotodon was probably the mythical Bunyip.

Yeah I reckon they're a good candidate for the bunyip. The story being passed down for thousands of years between the aboriginal tribes.

I knew a bunyip once; his name was Bertie. (Only people who grew up in the 60s near Philadelphia will get the reference; if anyone does, please post!)

Seriously...I want one. First of all, "wombat" is one of the best words evar. If I'm in a bad mood, I can cheer myself up just by repeating "wombat" several times. (Okay, so I'm eccentric. It isn't illegal...yet.) Second, they're adorable. Way cuter than teddy bears.

If they ever figure out how to clone an extinct prehistoric species by retrieving its DNA, I hope they start with the diprotodon. I'll volunteer to be its foster mom.

Grotesque enough to scare the schiesse out of a Panzergrenadier!

bertie.gif

• Like 1

Grotesque enough to scare the schiesse out of a Panzergrenadier!

bertie.gif

I adore you.

Hey Lizzieboo to hug a wombat is great but they have very coarse hair and are heavy and solidly built but apart from that they are a great animal. ps they also love to dig & push things. :tu:

• Like 1

Hey Lizzieboo to hug a wombat is great but they have very coarse hair and are heavy and solidly built but apart from that they are a great animal. ps they also love to dig & push things. :tu:

Thank you!