Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Toynbee Tiles

NineDream

Was looking up wierd s*^t on the internet (as you do!!) and came across The TOYNBEE TILES.

Must admit it got my attention. Find the whole thing fascinating. First of all WHY would someone leave such a random message for all to see? Second WHAT on earth does it mean? And finaly is there a link to something far more important about the message that people are missing?

Any replies to these questions would be great thnx.post-130488-0-23148200-1340324848_thumb.

• Like 1

I don't think anyone is missing anything and I don't think it has any links to anything important.

WHY would someone leave such a random message for all to see? Second WHAT on earth does it mean?

I know the answer to both those questions, but I'm not going to spoil it for you.

Watch this documentary about the tiles... http://www.resurrectdead.com

I enjoyed it. It's actually pretty well done.

Edited by Charlie Prime

I know the answer to both those questions, but I'm not going to spoil it for you.

Watch this documentary about the tiles... http://www.resurrectdead.com

I enjoyed it. It's actually pretty well done.

Just orderd the doc from amazon... Thnx for the tip.

Always wondered about the tiles. Never knew about the movie, but I just watched the trailer and now I'm watching it on netflix. Woot!

I watched Resurrect Dead on Netflix a week or so ago, so dug it!

I watched Resurrect Dead on Netflix a week or so ago, so dug it!

Yeah, it was pretty interesting. I won't spoil it for anyone who wants to see it, but I do feel like they could have gone a little further with it.

I love this! Thanks so much for sharing. You rock!

Do they all say the same thing?

They all say slight variations of "TOYNBEE IDEA IN MOVIE' 2001 RESSURECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER".

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone private message me and tell me what the whole thing was because I dont have access to netflix and really wanna know

I was interested in this a while back but then kind of forgot about it til I ran across the movie on Netflix. Oddly enough I find it more interesting now, than when there was more mystery surrounding it.

https://en.wikipedia...i/Toynbee_tiles

is a good summary, but it contains spoilers. Better to watch the movie if you can.

Thanks charlie, I dont have access to the movie right now so no worries

I didnt even think to check wikipedia thanks for the link :tu:

I saw it on netflix and was kinda left like....ok, yeah.....so what?

specifically what i would have liked to know....what were they made of? Some of them looked like tile, other looked like paper or something...

whole thing seemed to me like : filmaker wants to make name for himself with psuedo-documentary...

• 11 months later...

Just watched Resurrect Dead the other night. I enjoyed it a lot. Nice little fun mystery.

I understand why they stopped trying to contact that shut in, but I wish they managed to speak with him. Would have been interesting to hear from the guy (apparently) behind the tiles. Some of his rants in the side messages are pretty crazy.

The practice tiles near his house would be a fun thing to find for the film makers, I liked that part.

But that bus scene towards the end annoyed me, I wish he just said something.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that they should have spoke with him. If the guy feels his message is that important that he has went ot all that work to put those tiles all ove the palce, he certainly should take the time to speak to someone and explain the idea!

Also for the film maker, He's already shown the guys full name and home address in the movie, then says he didn't speak to the guy on the bus because he didn't want to bother him. I would think a few words on a bus is a lot easier than personal details being listed in a movie.

A couple new tiles have popped up this year. Similar in style but a different message. Seen on some pages that people believe it's the original artist and these new tiles are referring to the movie Resurrect Dead. All opinions of coarse.

http://cjonline.com/news/2013-06-20/tile-embedded-downtown-street-bears-mystery-message

I liked the documentary, i saw it a few months ago on a 2am netflix binge.

i was pretty dissatisfied w/ the ending in the sense that it didn't mean anything more than some crazy guy w/ out there ideas.

• 2 weeks later...