Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gay Marriage

ranrod

I believe you are homosexual, cause at the moment certain forces are able to deceive you.

I think what he's trying to tell you is dark forces are at work in the universe trying to collect your soul.

Most people dont realise that the only truth is mind not the junk we fill them with. While the junk people choose to believe in might sound good theres always a catch. Materialism has a catch and so does atheism. The evil genius preys on humans remarkable ability to delude themselves with the junk in their minds.

*Snip*

Edited by Karlis
Deleted flaming at unspecified UM poster/s

I think what he's trying to tell you is dark forces are at work in the universe trying to collect your soul.

Most people dont realise that the only truth is mind not the junk we fill them with. While the junk people choose to believe in might sound good theres always a catch. Materialism has a catch and so does atheism.

Read your own post to yourself, but change the word 'homosexuality' with 'bigotry' and you'll find the truth :yes:

Read your own post to yourself, but change the word 'homosexuality' with 'bigotry' and you'll find the truth :yes:

Well if I'm just a bigot and there is no God then you've got nothing to worry about.

Please be aware that if the end comes we wont be able to help you.

Edited by Mr Right Wing

Oh certainly homosexuals have taken alot of abuse, not only from religious people, but from damn near everyone. And of course that has brought harmful effects in every part of thier lifes. And you could be right that after a generation or 2 we might see the results of those abuses begin to diminish. All im saying is thus far we havent. It will be interesting to see if that in fact does happen. Personaly, I have reason to believe that it wont make much difference. But I could be wrong. Time will tell.

Of course thus far we haven't because, right now, the damage from the negative treatament has been done and that effects a large part of the adult gay population. So why's it surprising that a large part of the gay population (even in 'gay friendly' areas) still feel the effects? It will take a long time for the benefits to filter up to a new adult population so I find your logic of 'it's made no diffference now' rather foolish..

The country I'm in is gay friendly and I've suffered ffrom most of the negative things you listed anyway.

Im sorry man, but to say im not much better then people who would just assume kill you, is just wrong. Not comparable. Earlier in this thread someone compared homosexuality to pedifiles. Its was obvious to everyone else that that comparision was ridiculas. And so is this.

They have a belief that justifies to them harm causing me harm. You are against them causing me harm, good, but at the same time you hold the very belief that gives them the justification to harm me in the first place. The comparison is not all that ridiculous really.

Well Im not sorry that I believe the way I do. My only regret is how you feel about it. Thats cause I dont want to insult you. I dont want any harm for you. Spiritual warfare is a large part of the very foundation of my beliefs. Like G I Joe said "knowing is half the battle". To me its as real as anything, and very improtant to identify, if one has any chance of fighting against it.

I understand that your admitted bias against christians may make you question my apology. None the less it is honest.

I do question it. My attitude is very similar to 'knowing is half the battle'. In terms of homophobia, knowing and identifying it as a flaw is 'half the battle'. What christians do is outright ignore that.

I'm not sure you really regret it because you'd try and do something about it. I'm not sure you don''t mean to insult me because (given the chance) you'd do it again, if not to me, than to someone else. in short your apology is borderline meaningless, because at the end of the day you've not actually learned anything.

You are right in saying you are not alone. Obviously I wasnt gay going through school, but I was a poor trailor park kid in a school where 99% of the kids were very well off to down right rich. My life was a living hell every single day I went to school.

BTW My God, isnt a bully. The God I worship loves you with a love beyond understanding. What greater love is there that someone lay down his life for you? Like he said, "i did not come to dwell among the rightous, I came to find that which was lost".

Anyhow, Im going to step outta this conversation. I dont want to offend you any further. It seems there isnt anyway for me to tell you how I honestly feel without doing so. I hope you feel better, and I hope you guys have a great day. Maybe we can talk more on other political subjects here. See ya around.

No one should have to be bullied like that. I'm sorry you were.

If your god isn't a bully, why does he promise to burn me in hell for my sexuality? That act overides the 'love' such an entity may have. Your god maes a great deal of threats, the very same theats that bullies make. What loving entity does that?

I think you need to be honest with yourself and start looking at this issue with a great deal more empathy. A very important step is setting aside scriptures and talking to gay people as human beings, as true equals. As long as you hold onto scriptures that think gay people and their relationships and families are inferior than you won't actually learn anything.

As to feeling better? hopefully I will soon.

Edited by shadowhive

Most people dont realise that the only truth is mind not the junk we fill them with. While the junk people choose to believe in might sound good theres always a catch. Materialism has a catch and so does atheism.

'Dark forces are trying to collect my soul'? Do you realise how that sounds?

I'd say what will fill our minds with is important. unfortunate you choose to hang on to 'jun' things lie hate, fear and discrimination.

Well if I'm just a bigot and there is no God then you've got nothing to worry about.

Read your post to yourself but change the words, "help you" with "escape judgment" :yes:

'Dark forces are trying to collect my soul'? Do you realise how that sounds?

I'd say what will fill our minds with is important. unfortunate you choose to hang on to 'jun' things lie hate, fear and discrimination.

God is not a God of hate, fear or discrimination.

Maybe God could have given a full explanation for why homosexuality is a sin in the Bible. I dont know if the Torah or Koran has one but I shall look into it.

Edited by Mr Right Wing

Maybe God could have given a full explanation for why homosexuality is a sin in the Bible. I dont know if the Torah or Koran has one but I shall look into it.

No, god's just an entity that, if you don't do exactly as he says, he'll destroy/torture your soul. That sounds awfully hateful to me.

If a human tortured or killed me would you have such difficulty identifying it as hate?

• Like 1

No, god's just an entity that, if you don't do exactly as he says, he'll destroy/torture your soul. That sounds awfully hateful to me.

If a human tortured or killed me would you have such difficulty identifying it as hate?

When God sends souls to hell its because they have done evil. Punishing is not the same as hate. If you think it is then our justice system is hateful for locking killers up.

Our law would define torturing or killing a homosexual as a hate crime but the state is not God. The state does not dictate to God what is evil or a crime so if God is against homosexuality it remains a sin.

This should help you out:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hate

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fear?s=t

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/discriminate?s=t

You're welcome!

When God sends souls to hell its because they have done evil. Punishing is not the same as hate. If you think it is then our justice system is hateful for locking killers up.

Our law would define torturing or killing a homosexual as a hate crime but the state is not God. The state does not dictate to God what is evil or a crime so if God is against homosexuality it remains a sin.

I don't think our justice system is hateful. I think god's, however, is. Disbelieve in god? Hell. Homosexual? Hell. Pagan? hell. I could go on an on and on. Those aren't things that are evil or crimes, but god treats them as bad as murder. Your god has a seriously flawed sense of right and wrong.

Our law would define it as that because that is what it is.

I don't think our justice system is hateful. I think god's, however, is. Disbelieve in god? Hell. Homosexual? Hell. Pagan? hell. I could go on an on and on. Those aren't things that are evil or crimes, but god treats them as bad as murder. Your god has a seriously flawed sense of right and wrong.

Our law would define it as that because that is what it is.

Since when was it our place to dictate to God what is good and evil?

Since religion was first invented.

What there is to be concerned with is the maintenance of liberty and justice in the face of bigotry and hatred; there almost certainly isn't a god, and you are decidedly a bigot, but that doesn't magically take away all of the world's problems. And one of those problems happens to be people like you, who try to strip away the freedoms of others on the arbitration of your imaginary friend. That is the real issue here; not the hallucinatory "judgment" of a fictional being.

So... you think that somehow people would think less of your god if he chose to forgive people rather than torture them forever? Eternal torture, regardless of the actions of the one who is being tortured, must be, by definition, infinitely unjust; the reason is quite simple: do you exist forever? No. Do you always do bad things? No. Do any of the bad things you do last forever? No.

The only reasonable justice in this sort of system would be for sinners to experience the direct consequences for their bad actions, and once these were expended, they would be purified (interesting, a bit like the idea of karma in my own ideology...). Punishing someone infinitely for a finite transgression must necessarily be infinitely wrong; and therefore, no compassionate, merciful being would engage in the practice; therefore, a deity which would behave so poorly must be seen as an utterly contemptuous and cruel tyrant.

Fortunately, there is no such being, and no such punishment. It would be more reasonable to fear the wrath of Khan than the wrath of the invisible-inaudible-intangible-omnipotent-omniscient-omnipresent-omnibenevolent-bloodthirsty-raging-magical-sky-pixie.

Since when is it the place of an imaginary magic sky pixie to dictate to us what is good and evil?

• Like 1

Your God is only a god of hate, fear, and discrimination.

Question: would you really worship someone who was threatening to burn your child to death if they didn't love him?

• Like 1

It all really comes down to the God-of-the-hissy-fits; if you don't do exactly what he says, no matter how asinine or evil it is, he'll torture you forever. Fun guy. Loving too...

• Like 1

if you want to not use products by companies tht support gay rights and such. here is a list

http://voices.yahoo....s-10968324.html

that isnt complete, but is a beginning

not sure what you will do if you actually want to boycott anything that supports gay rights and such, as apple and microsft are among the supporters, but maybe linux is not a supporter. who knows.

Thanks Willow :)

They have a belief that justifies to them harm causing me harm. You are against them causing me harm, good, but at the same time you hold the very belief that gives them the justification to harm me in the first place. The comparison is not all that ridiculous really.

I was gonna stay outta it from here, but just wanted to address this.

I dont hold the same belief as they do. They justify hating you cause they believe God hates you. I dont hate you, nor do I believe God hates you. Both are the total oposite.

• Like 1

It all really comes down to the God-of-the-hissy-fits; if you don't do exactly what he says, no matter how asinine or evil it is, he'll torture you forever. Fun guy. Loving too...

Some of what I have read posted here certainly entitles you to come to that conclusion.

I just want to make a significant point. No man speaks for God and how he will judge the behaviour of any man. There seems to be an active contingent of folk "creating a God in their own image" atm. AKA: Deciding how another will be dealt with based on them being a "sinner" (just like everybody else lol) is a little grandiose for my taste.

Over the last few pages this thread seems to have had little to do with US politics and some of the comments have been skirting dangerously close to crossing the line of suitability; combining the topics of religion and gay rights can often prove to be a recipe for disaster.

I think it's time we put this one to bed.

Closed.

• Like 1