Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Britain as US lapdog

Babe Ruth

Why is it that the British government comes across as sycophant to the US government?

From Downing Street Memo to the ongoing extradition of Julian Assange, it appears to many that the British government has no conscience.

Why is it that the British government comes across as sycophant to the US government?

From Downing Street Memo to the ongoing extradition of Julian Assange, it appears to many that the British government has no conscience.

Does any of the powers that be have a conscience..?....probably not..

Edited by BrianPotter
  • Like 3

All politicians have armour plated skins as they are always sniping at each other.

• Like 1

Good point Brian Potter!

As for how the British government might have responded, I suppose I am being naive and idealistic, but it would have been nice if it had responded in a manner similar to what it's doing regarding the phone hacking by Fox people--investigate and eventually state the truth.

On the Assange matter, why don't they stand up for a man who has exposed the crimes of the US government? Why do they do the dirty work for the US by extraditing him to Sweden, another lap dog for the US?

• Like 1

Er, the law?

• Like 1

Good point Brian Potter!

As for how the British government might have responded, I suppose I am being naive and idealistic, but it would have been nice if it had responded in a manner similar to what it's doing regarding the phone hacking by Fox people--investigate and eventually state the truth.

On the Assange matter, why don't they stand up for a man who has exposed the crimes of the US government? Why do they do the dirty work for the US by extraditing him to Sweden, another lap dog for the US?

Aye..have you seen how much its costing us to have the Leveson enquiry?..its a matter of closing the stable door after the horse has bolted..we are stuck with a government who doesnt know its ar$e from its elbow and we do not have much hope in what follows.As for Assange..if he is what they think he is ..then he has the dirty on more than is being let on..

edit to add....i promised myself i would keep out of politics...it causes more trouble than its worth and it seems nothing changes....so..ignore me lol..

Edited by BrianPotter

Well, the Lapdog has only really been the case since Thatcher and Reagan (and Mrs. T liked to think she was the one who wore the trousers there); it's really been the succession of pygmies since then (what was his name, i forget now, the one before Blair, then Blair, Gord Brown and the current one) who were basically just glory hunters, wanting to hang on to the coat tails of someone Big and Powerful, and get a taste of Glory from their various Wars. Cowardice and glory hunting, really. Each of them nurtured the hope that by joining in with America's latest War, it might turn out to be as successful for them as the Falklands was for Mrs. T; and of course, deep down inside their black little hearts, they all longed to be the reincarnation of Churchill. It's the cowardice, of course, that accounts for their acquiescence in anything that America wants them to do; looking the other way when "Extradordinary Rendtion" flights wanted to call in for a coffee and a sandwich, or when America wants to fabricate some sort of charge against any Enemy of the State. And the current one, whatever his name is, likes to imagine that he's a Special Mate of O'Bama, and so give his decidedly tenuous authority some sort of credibility.

Well, the Lapdog has only really been the case since Thatcher and Reagan (and Mrs. T liked to think she was the one who wore the trousers there); it's really been the succession of pygmies since then (what was his name, i forget now, the one before Blair, then Blair, Gord Brown and the current one) who were basically just glory hunters, wanting to hang on to the coat tails of someone Big and Powerful, and get a taste of Glory from their various Wars. Cowardice and glory hunting, really. Each of them nurtured the hope that by joining in with America's latest War, it might turn out to be as successful for them as the Falklands was for Mrs. T; and of course, deep down inside their black little hearts, they all longed to be the reincarnation of Churchill. It's the cowardice, of course, that accounts for their acquiescence in anything that America wants them to do; looking the other way when "Extradordinary Rendtion" flights wanted to call in for a coffee and a sandwich, or when America wants to fabricate some sort of charge against any Enemy of the State. And the current one, whatever his name is, likes to imagine that he's a Special Mate of O'Bama, and so give his decidedly tenuous authority some sort of credibility.

Hate to argue with you but was the Falklands successful..?..we lost men over a colony that we were warned about in advance....it was done so Maggie could ride in a Chieftan...!

edit...ignore me..politics of warfare and me do NOT get on lol..

Edited by BrianPotter
  • Like 1

Hate to argue with you but was the Falklands successful..?..we lost men over a colony that we were warned about in advance....it was done so Maggie could ride in a Chieftan...!

edit...ignore me..politics of warfare and me do NOT get on lol..

Possibly in order to demonstrate to Ron that she could defeat the Argies without his assistance?

Possibly in order to demonstrate to Ron that she could defeat the Argies without his assistance?

Maybe 747..cost a lot of wasted lives to prove that tho...i like you too much to argue 747...soon be christmas..lol

That would be John Major.

To the theme itself we have to say that since the 80s Britain has gone out of its way to accommodate the USA, sometimes to the extend of self negation. But it could be that someday they come back to their own interest, instead of the interest of the "former colony".

Julian Assange needs the death penalty.

If he gets asylum I hope an agent puts a bullet in his head.

Maybe 747..cost a lot of wasted lives to prove that tho...i like you too much to argue 747...soon be christmas..lol

Oh, I'm not saying I disagree with you Brian.. there's plenty of suggestions that she knew that Galtieri was planning something, to be sure. It was undeniably successful for her since it guaranteed her the next election, and after that she had a new enemy in Scargill that guaranteed her the election after that..

• Like 1

Britain as US lap dog... I'll be the first to put in $5 just to see someone pet that dog while they tell them that..... :lol:

• Like 5

Julian Assange needs the death penalty.

If he gets asylum I hope an agent puts a bullet in his head.

Sweet jeesus...have you ever pulled the trigger that has/may have ended someones life?...christ on a bike ....i give up..

Edited by BrianPotter

Oh, I'm not saying I disagree with you Brian.. there's plenty of suggestions that she knew that Galtieri was planning something, to be sure. It was undeniably successful for her since it guaranteed her the next election, and after that she had a new enemy in Scargill that guaranteed her the election after that..

Aye no probs 747...i just remember the hardship suffered by my friends...Pinochet is the word we avoid...

Edited by BrianPotter

Because the mainstream media want you to believe that it is.

In my opinion a better question is why do they want such a thing.

I could speculate, but in reality I do not know.

• Like 1

And who decides what the basis for a good conscience is? You? The British are allies of the US. We have shared interests and act on behalf of each other at various times and ways. Libya was not so much a concern of the US, we were acting in the best interest of allies on that one - imo. If they extradite a criminal to the US so he can face justice then that's the act of a FRIEND...not a lapdog. After reading a little of what Ecuador is like on human rights I hope Jules lands there and stays for the rest of his life. It sounds worse than a US prison.

Sweet jeesus...have you ever pulled the trigger that has/may have ended someones life?...christ on a bike ....i give up..

The guy thinks he's above the law.

First he commits rape then he leaks secret documents and communications. When he cant riggle out of his offences he runs off to the Ecuador embassy to claim asylum.

If I was PM he wouldnt make it to the airport alive.

Edited by Mr Right Wing
  • Like 1

Britain as US lap dog... I'll be the first to put in $5 just to see someone pet that dog while they tell them that..... :lol:

Especially when the "lap" dog is a British Bulldog . cheers

First he commits rape then he leaks secret documents and communications. When he cant riggle out of his offences he runs off to the Ecuador embassy to claim asylum.

But you are not..!

You have to love armchair snipers....do you think that shooting someone will not leave a lasting impression on you..?...

If he gets asylum the Ecuador Embassy will become his prison.

He should face the charges of rape and if he is innocent he has nothing to worry about. Strange how people think we are doing it for the US. Don't the US want he extradited there? The UK has no plans to do that as far as I can see and if we are that dangerous why on Earth did he choose this Country to launch his European court cases from.

He may get asylum and but getting to Ecuador is another problem entirely.

If he gets asylum the Ecuador Embassy will become his prison.

He should face the charges of rape and if he is innocent he has nothing to worry about. Strange how people think we are doing it for the US. Don't the US want he extradited there? The UK has no plans to do that as far as I can see and if we are that dangerous why on Earth did he choose this Country to launch his European court cases from.

He may get asylum and but getting to Ecuador is another problem entirely.

He has too much information on people...he is like Embassy workers all over the world...nothing ever sticks.