Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Squatch, shadow People & UFOs?

PhantomGlider

Does anyone have any information on a connection between shadow people, UFOs and Sasquatch? This may seem odd (it seemed odd to me) but someone has just brought me a story which involves many credible witnesses of many events over several years in one location. It might make a good investigation for a special program if real. So, I'm just running this up the flagpole to see if there is any information to support these events out there?

There is an ancient and honorable tradition that the way to defend a crank theory against criticism is to load it up with even more unsupported claims and recycle it. That's probably what you're seeing here.

Edited by PersonFromPorlock
  • Like 2

Sasquatch clearly gets around by flying his UFO. He chills with Nessie on the weekends.

The only connection I can think of is no one of that is proven to exist, except for UFO( that doesn't, mean alien flying object, it mean Unidentified Flying Object. It can be a bird a military plan, flying toy..etc.).

Does anyone have any information on a connection between shadow people, UFOs and Sasquatch? This may seem odd (it seemed odd to me) but someone has just brought me a story which involves many credible witnesses of many events over several years in one location. It might make a good investigation for a special program if real. So, I'm just running this up the flagpole to see if there is any information to support these events out there?

As a paranormal investigator could you explain how you define "credible witnesses" (plural). I'd appreciate that. Are they people you know? Do you do a background check of some sort? Etc.

Thx

P.S. What is your criteria for a credible paranormal witness?

Not to interrogate you, but this fits into my thread and something I'd like to hear from a paranormal investigator.

Again, thx

P.S. What is your criteria for a credible paranormal witness?

Not to interrogate you, but this fits into my thread and something I'd like to hear from a paranormal investigator.

Again, thx

Idealy our basic requirement for a credible witness is someone who is a trained observer in a given field. Enforcement, military, pilots, sciences, medical professionals, psychologists, academic, news camera teams etc. Then we may also deem that multiple observers or groups of observers who's stories can be cross referred, preferred with some kind of physical, video, audio or photographic supporting documentation. i.e Mexico City UFOs and Arizona lights. If these requirements are not met than I like to run the evidence past our own advisers who are unpaid and without any production pressure to be biased for the production. These are working Professors, Professors Emeritus or Doctorates in sciences at Universities, Medical Doctors, RCMP officers or zoologists or who ever is most appropriate for the subject. I have a respect for open minded people especially open-minded academics and scientists. We have about 12 that we have called upon on a regular basis. I also have a respect for accomplished members of the scientific community who can see beyond the constraints of the scientific paradigm such as Dr. Suzuki, Dr. Lyall Watson, Dr. Desmond Morris, Dr. Deepak Chopra, Dr. Colin Ross, Dr. Norm Shealy, Dr. Gaston Nassons. We've interviewed a few of these on the series but not nearly enough.:) One great observer who one does not hear much of these days was Dr. Barry Taft. I should also point out that we have not shot a new or special program since ending the series four years ago. I am going to be doing a special at some time and deciding on what subject would be most constructive to add to the volume of the series (or what the series might be missing). I do know that I'm in no hurry I have a feature film going into release in the Fall and a shoot coming up in Louisianna around the same time so I will have plenty of time to get this all thoroughly researched before committing it to camera. Also I'm not sure yet which of four subjects we'll be working on which is why this thread and one I have up about the Ark.

Edited by PhantomGlider

Sasquatch clearly gets around by flying his UFO. He chills with Nessie on the weekends.

Now that's funny. Not that helpful... but a good laugh.

Idealy our basic requirement for a credible witness is someone who is a trained observer in a given field. Enforcement, military, pilots, sciences, medical professionals, psychologists, academic, news camera teams etc. Then we may also deem that multiple observers or groups of observers who's stories can be cross referred, preferred with some kind of physical, video, audio or photographic supporting documentation. i.e Mexico City UFOs and Arizona lights. If these requirements are not met than I like to run the evidence past our own advisers who are unpaid and without any production pressure to be biased for the production. These are working Professors, Professors Emeritus or Doctorates in sciences at Universities, Medical Doctors, RCMP officers or zoologists or who ever is most appropriate for the subject. I have a respect for open minded people especially open-minded academics and scientists. We have about 12 that we have called upon on a regular basis. I also have a respect for accomplished members of the scientific community who can see beyond the constraints of the scientific paradigm such as Dr. Suzuki, Dr. Lyall Watson, Dr. Desmond Morris, Dr. Deepak Chopra, Dr. Colin Ross, Dr. Norm Shealy, Dr. Gaston Nassons. We've interviewed a few of these on the series but not nearly enough. :) One great observer who one does not hear much of these days was Dr. Barry Taft. I should also point out that we have not shot a new or special program since ending the series four years ago. I am going to be doing a special at some time and deciding on what subject would be most constructive to add to the volume of the series (or what the series might be missing). I do know that I'm in no hurry I have a feature film going into release in the Fall and a shoot coming up in Louisianna around the same time so I will have plenty of time to get this all thoroughly researched before committing it to camera. Also I'm not sure yet which of four subjects we'll be working on which is why this thread and one I have up about the Ark.

Thank you for your reply. I have a rather lengthy reply and I do not want to derail your thread anymore. May I post my reply to you in my thread 'Background as Smoking Gun?"

Thank you for your reply. I have a rather lengthy reply and I do not want to derail your thread anymore. May I post my reply to you in my thread 'Background as Smoking Gun?"

Of course. Thank you for considering the thread.

shadow people...? shadow people...?

now that be a new one to me! I already knew about the BF's that fly around in UFO's but shadow people are new to me.

I will watch the thread grow

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

I can think of a couple links...

Shadow people are supposed to be "trans-dimensional", as in from some other world and cross over into ours.

And UFOs have sometimes been linked to crossing from other "dimensions". Though I've never heard Shadow People and UFOs being linked. But then I don't go in the UFO/Aliens sub-forum very much.

I've also seen several people who appear to be total cranks, who have claimed that bigfoot is trans-dimensional also and that he can disappear at will back to where he came from, and that no door or wall can hold him.

I've also read in a couple old books where bigfoot was linked with UFO activities. Such that immediately after a UFO report, several bigfoot reports would roll in.

My personnal belief is that most of what is reported as UFOs/Aliens, Bigfoot, Shadow People, Fairies and Angels are the same psychological phenomina, where a person sees something based on their own personal expectation. I'm not saying there is not a bigfoot, or aliens, but that a large number of reports could fall into a delusion catagory.

Say there is an electromagnetic event, like a thunderstorm and a large charge builds up on a hill. People nearby might think they see a UFO, and then others who scoff at UFOs and aliens, but are similarly affected would think they saw bigfoot, or a living shadow, or an angel. Thus one event of a natural nature could precipitate many reports of various phenomena. When everyone sees a UFO would be when it is on the news or otherwise communicated quickly, so that the mass delusion effect leads everyone to expect the same thing, or something similar to each other anyway. This would explain in part how several people can see the "same" UFO and the location and time are the same, but all the details are different.

shadow people...? shadow people...?

now that be a new one to me! I already knew about the BF's that fly around in UFO's but shadow people are new to me.

I will watch the thread grow

Yes, it was new to me too. Then on cursory investigation we found that the shadow people phenomenon has been reported quite a bit in connection with UFOs, haunted sites, possession and Squatch events. Hence the question.

Shadow people are supposed to be "trans-dimensional", as in from some other world and cross over into ours.

And UFOs have sometimes been linked to crossing from other "dimensions". Though I've never heard Shadow People and UFOs being linked. But then I don't go in the UFO/Aliens sub-forum very much.

I've also seen several people who appear to be total cranks, who have claimed that bigfoot is trans-dimensional also and that he can disappear at will back to where he came from, and that no door or wall can hold him.

I've also read in a couple old books where bigfoot was linked with UFO activities. Such that immediately after a UFO report, several bigfoot reports would roll in.

My personnal belief is that most of what is reported as UFOs/Aliens, Bigfoot, Shadow People, Fairies and Angels are the same psychological phenomina, where a person sees something based on their own personal expectation. I'm not saying there is not a bigfoot, or aliens, but that a large number of reports could fall into a delusion catagory.

Say there is an electromagnetic event, like a thunderstorm and a large charge builds up on a hill. People nearby might think they see a UFO, and then others who scoff at UFOs and aliens, but are similarly affected would think they saw bigfoot, or a living shadow, or an angel. Thus one event of a natural nature could precipitate many reports of various phenomena. When everyone sees a UFO would be when it is on the news or otherwise communicated quickly, so that the mass delusion effect leads everyone to expect the same thing, or something similar to each other anyway. This would explain in part how several people can see the "same" UFO and the location and time are the same, but all the details are different.

Ahhh! Thank you DieChecker! What that tells me is that we should look at geological activity and weather events surrounding the event date and locale. Could well be elevated melatonin from Pineal gland activity in response to geological disturbances. Good lead. The earthquake/tectonic apparition phenomenon. I believe they also mentioned some strange animal behavior which would be consistent with electromagnetic field disturbance.

thanks DieChecker

Just as an aside, there are several north american indian tribes that believe that BF is trans dimensional,, and as you point out, cannot be held in a cage or whatver. that's a different belief. but unlike a lot of north american people wo migrated there, the indigenous people have had a long long time to try to understand the BF and to try to justify why one has never been captured.

they have stories about seeing bigfoot or hearing him, but no stories of one being captured.

sound familiar?

anyway these shadow people sound like they might fall into a similar category as BF

thanks for the heads up

thanks DieChecker

Just as an aside, there are several north american indian tribes that believe that BF is trans dimensional,, and as you point out, cannot be held in a cage or whatver. that's a different belief. but unlike a lot of north american people wo migrated there, the indigenous people have had a long long time to try to understand the BF and to try to justify why one has never been captured.

they have stories about seeing bigfoot or hearing him, but no stories of one being captured.

sound familiar?

anyway these shadow people sound like they might fall into a similar category as BF

thanks for the heads up

Thank you Earl! Plot beginning to thicken. I'm thinking of a combination of Topological theory and geological disturbances. Topology and the 19.5 degree North and South theory. Greatest geological disturbances also greatest number of UFO sightings led some people to believe that if the topological theory is correct that 19.5 degrees north and south on large rotating spheres are dimensional portals then that would in some part explain why sun spots, saturn's rings, uranus' storms and earths largest volcanoes and earth quakes all happen at those longitudes. It could explain that UFOs are inter-dimensional or inter-temporal. Could be compounded by the elevated melatonin in reaction to the geological effect in both animals and humans. Melatonin also helps one see better in the dark. Human visible range increases.