Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dear Dr Eldorado!

Eldorado

Dear Dr El,

Tonight I am pondering whether to have a ham and pineapple pizza or a garlic mushroom one..... please help me decide....:)

• Like 2

Dear Dr El,

Tonight I am pondering whether to have a ham and pineapple pizza or a garlic mushroom one..... please help me decide.... :)

Ham & pineapple. Your soul-mate could appear at any moment, so best avoid garlic breath, imo.

Edit: A garlic scented dump in the morning ain't too nice either. Pineapple and ham however is not noticeable.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1

Dr El....Why am I so addicted to watching The Closer ?

• Like 1

Ham & pineapple. Your soul-mate could appear at any moment, so best avoid garlic breath, imo.

Edit: A garlic scented dump in the morning ain't too nice either. Pineapple and ham however is not noticeable.

Fantastic advice thank you!

Well I'm off to make a pizza :clap:

• Like 1

Dr El....Why am I so addicted to watching The Closer ?

It's called escapism, BM and nothing to be concerned over. We all do it.

Escapism is mental diversion by means of entertainment or recreation, as an " escape" from the perceived unpleasant or banal aspects of daily life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escapism

Plus, it's a damn fine TV show so why not? I'm addicted to Deadwood. I shout at the screen if Seth is fighting. "He's got a knife, Seth!" etc.

Confuses the neighbours somewhat. Hehehe.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1

Dear Dr. El,

I got really annoying neighbors that like to steal from my yard- the ditch works good along one side (neighbor broke an ankle getting into my yard one day) but a small corner of my yard allows them access to steal my firepit furniture.

What can I put in that corner to keep them from gaining access to my yard there? The local bigfoot charges way too much in jerkey for me to keep him on guard all the time, and the local troll just refuses to move away from the bridge down the road.

• Like 2

I can empathise with your problem, Rashore. Had a similar problem myself.

I used the old fashioned method of barbed wire fence and some Improvised Explosive Devices. I've not had any bother since. Good Luck!

p.s. if you're no good with explosives, get a big dog that bites. The local animal shelter should have some.

Edited by Eldorado

It's called escapism, BM and nothing to be concerned over. We all do it.

Escapism is mental diversion by means of entertainment or recreation, as an " escape" from the perceived unpleasant or banal aspects of daily life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escapism

Plus, it's a damn fine TV show so why not? I'm addicted to Deadwood. I shout at the screen if Seth is fighting. "He's got a knife, Seth!" etc.

Confuses the neighbours somewhat. Hehehe.

Ahhh escapism...There was me thinking it was because of the funny cast and story lines lol but in a way yes it is escapism... anything is better than sitting through hour long boring TV shows with my husband..If i see one more Star Trek I will scream!!

Deadwood...I know of it..seen it advertised but never got around to watching it.. I guess because I also like watching Comedy Gold on Sky ..re-runs of Only Fools and horses ect <-- my weakness lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

Dear Dr El

I can't decides if I wanna dress up as a tiger or a kitty cat for my next costume party?

• Like 1

Dear Dr El

I can't decides if I wanna dress up as a tiger or a kitty cat for my next costume party?

Has to be a kitty, Kitty. Unless it's a Smartie Party (for kids).

If you want a laugh dress as a tiger, sure.... but if you wanna tease a little, it has to be a cat*.

*I'd use another word for a cat but the UM bot has never heard of a p****cat.

Dear dr. El

Remember yesterday when you joked about something, I thought you were serious and I got mad ?? Well I want to shake your hand and make peace, can you do that for me ?? :)

• Like 1

Has to be a kitty, Kitty. Unless it's a Smartie Party (for kids).

If you want a laugh dress as a tiger, sure.... but if you wanna tease a little, it has to be a cat*.

*I'd use another word for a cat but the UM bot has never heard of a p****cat.

Hahah! thanks Dr El!

• Like 1

Dear dr. El

Remember yesterday when you joked about something, I thought you were serious and I got mad ?? Well I want to shake your hand and make peace, can you do that for me ?? :)

Of course. :)

You're like me. Sometimes you bite people you shouldn't be biting cos they don't deserve to be bitten. I have a lot of guilt over that, and I hope you don't end up likewise when you're my age. It sucks.

Everyone has feelings... everyone.

On a brighter note... we have time!

• Like 3

My, what a big gun you have, Dr... :P

Are you popular with the ladies?

Only once I start speaking. Tis truly amazing what your tongue can do for you.

:)

• Like 3

Dr. El

My mother's side of the family is Scottish. Do you know any of them?

Well, QC I can't really say without a name and where your kin hail from. Is it that mob with the red afro hairdos? (jokin)

btw I'm a plumber on my Granny's side, do you know any of them?

Well, QC I can't really say without a name and where your kin hail from. Is it that mob with the red afro hairdos? (jokin)

btw I'm a plumber on my Granny's side, do you know any of them?

yeah, red hair, that's them

nope, never have any problems with my pipes

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

Dear Abby, sorry, I mean Dr El, I have this weird growth between what I think are my ears, do you think it could be cancer?

Dear Abby, sorry, I mean Dr El, I have this weird growth between what I think are my ears, do you think it could be cancer?

UM Rule:

Do not use the forum to request or provide help with medical conditions or medications, you are always best to seek the advice of your doctor.

Thanks for the wonderful advice. Can I get a second opinion? Does anyone know what is wrong with me out there in Disneyland?

• Like 1

doc, how do i get this blood red wine stain from the carpet in the boot of my car?

• Like 1

doc, how do i get this blood red wine stain from the carpet in the boot of my car?

You can use hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, soda ash, vinegar, club soda, salt or a wide range of commercial products.

Personally, I'd destroy the car. No evidence is good evidence.

:)

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 2

Good advice can you lend me some petrol and matches

• Like 1

Good advice can you lend me some petrol and matches

No. I'm Scottish and you look English, so I'll sell you some.

(lol)

Anyway...

if Worcestershire is anything like Lanarkshire I'm sure there is some street somewhere you can leave a car parked and it will mysteriously burst into flames pretty quickly... minus radio, tyres and anything shiny.

• Like 1