Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did I astral project or lucid dream?

RichardD

Hey, I'm new to this forum, and quite new to astral projection too. I've been trying to get my first astral projection for about one week now, and so far I've just about reached sleep paralysis.. had a few vibrations but nothing major. However, this morning while I was sleeping I think I projected, I'm not sure. Could anyone who's astral traveled/lucid dreamt give an opinion please?

I was sleeping and felt my spirit roll out of my body, so I helped it, got out, and was floating just above my floor. I felt a really strong suction back towards my body so I held onto my table and managed to push myself away from my body. After that, I thought my door's room was quite solid but I managed to float through it so it felt like an astral projection.

However, I'm not sure if it was a dream because some things happened that didn't make sense. I went into my parents room and my dog was there, it growled.. and a cat was there (Never saw this cat before, I don't have a cat.) and the cat hissed at me. I also went into my sisters room and she was sleeping. Then I went downstairs (I think I was walking/half floating because I heard my foot steps.. thought this was weird cause I wasn't in my physical body :wacko: ).

I didn't leave my house, it was dark. I thought of a location (my friends house) but I didn't travel there. Then I accidently thought of being back in my body, and I woke up immediately. However, it was morning and there was sunlight.. it wasn't dark like it was in the projection/dream?? And I asked my parents why the dog was growling but they told me there was no growls. No cat in the house either, and my sister also has been away from home for a few days.

My first thought was it was a projection that turned into a lucid dream or hovered between the two :blush: not sure. But I'm so glad I had my first proper astral experience. I've had lucid dreams before but I really want to project. :-*

Edited by RichardD

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RichardD

• bLu3 de 3n3rgy

Top Posters In This Topic

My first thought it was a projection that turned into a lucid dream or hovered between the two :blush: not sure. But I'm so glad I had my first proper astral experience. I've had lucid dreams before but I really want to project. :-*

It could have been, but also when you project and perceive the dimensional space within the space you live in and inhabit, then sometimes you do come across other projections /energies of other things that are there too. Even if it seems out of place, projections and thought forms can still be there either consciously or unconsciously. What you need to consider is that the astral level is not run to the same laws of physics that the physical level is. Every dimension has its own set of laws to figure out. So seeing a cat in one room even though you do not have a cat doesn't really mean anything. The cat could be a neighbourhood cat or comes from elsewhere, maybe it has a former connection to the house, regardless the reason for it being there, it is there by projection. Bear in mind that the space a house inhabits is never just one level. That space could be occupied across multiple layers and what we perceive is down to how far our level of awareness spans.

As for the bit about your sister, again, it's possible for people to project to other places from where they are physically and be unconsciously going about their stuff on the astral level. The astral level is a thought realm, and so a persons projection or 'consciousness' moves about by thought intention and emotive pulls and pushes. On this level distance and time is a non issue or barrier like it is on the physical level.

The other thing that can come into play is the interplay between 'time flow' of the astral level and the time flow of the where a specific intention/thought/emotion/ memory is anchored by the person. This is easier to understand by acknowledging how your mental, emotional and thought 'bodies' operate, that recalling and engaging an event from the past for example, literally takes you back to that moment in time. When applied to how the astral level works, it is possible that different time lines can be experienced in the present moment, if the intention of thought is strong enough to either be directing conciousness back or forward to a specific event held in memory or triggered by something that directs it. So it is possible that at times you can see things, little scenes or memories, which do not belong in current live time time, but for whatever reason are being engaged in present time. When doing astral projection work, it's important to state the intention of projecting in live time, if you want to be dealing with the here and now. H

Hope this helps.

It could have been, but also when you project and perceive the dimensional space within the space you live in and inhabit, then sometimes you do come across other projections /energies of other things that are there too. Even if it seems out of place, projections and thought forms can still be there either consciously or unconsciously. What you need to consider is that the astral level is not run to the same laws of physics that the physical level is. Every dimension has its own set of laws to figure out. So seeing a cat in one room even though you do not have a cat doesn't really mean anything. The cat could be a neighbourhood cat or comes from elsewhere, maybe it has a former connection to the house, regardless the reason for it being there, it is there by projection. Bear in mind that the space a house inhabits is never just one level. That space could be occupied across multiple layers and what we perceive is down to how far our level of awareness spans.

As for the bit about your sister, again, it's possible for people to project to other places from where they are physically and be unconsciously going about their stuff on the astral level. The astral level is a thought realm, and so a persons projection or 'consciousness' moves about by thought intention and emotive pulls and pushes. On this level distance and time is a non issue or barrier like it is on the physical level.

The other thing that can come into play is the interplay between 'time flow' of the astral level and the time flow of the where a specific intention/thought/emotion/ memory is anchored by the person. This is easier to understand by acknowledging how your mental, emotional and thought 'bodies' operate, that recalling and engaging an event from the past for example, literally takes you back to that moment in time. When applied to how the astral level works, it is possible that different time lines can be experienced in the present moment, if the intention of thought is strong enough to either be directing conciousness back or forward to a specific event held in memory or triggered by something that directs it. So it is possible that at times you can see things, little scenes or memories, which do not belong in current live time time, but for whatever reason are being engaged in present time. When doing astral projection work, it's important to state the intention of projecting in live time, if you want to be dealing with the here and now.

Hope this helps.

Thanks that helped clear a few things up. Hopefully I'll have more astral experiences and i'll be able to get them intentionally too.