Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cause of disappearing bees

Big Bad Voodoo

Cause of disappearing bees  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Cause of disappearing bees is:

• Chronic bee paralysis virus
    • Nosema ceranae
    • Varroosis
    • Climatic Chaos
    • Herbicides / Pesticides
    • Torsion Field Disruption
    • Electromagnetic Disruption
    • Genetically Modified Crops
    • Something else

I voted GM crops but the gm crops that I believe are to blame are the ones that have been genetically modified to fight off pests so herbicides and pesticides (IMO) are also to blame.

Edited by OverSword

Alien bee-collectors or bee-eaters?

The Honeymonster?

Edited by Eldorado

I voted GM crops but the gm crops that I believe are to blame are the ones that have been genetically modified to fight off pests so herbicides and pesticides (IMO) are also to blame.

You can vote for more causes.

I think there are several possible contributing factors to whats happening to the bees. It's possible that several of the factors in the poll are having a chain effect on bees.

A couple other things I think are plausible factors are some farming practices. Like beehives get moved from field to field as needed, sometimes traveling far outside the bees normal home range, and moving them that much may not be good for them. Also, I think our heavy farming of certain crops leads to a deficiency in diversity of food sources for bees, and that is probably not good for them either.

I think pollution in general may have a hand in unhealthy bees- kind of like the canary in the coal mine. It might not be pesticides and herbicides exclusively causing problems. It may also be air quality, and other pollutants particularly in wild water sources that are causing problems too.

• Like 1

How about a combination of every cause you have listed, L?

Could be. IMO.

• Like 1

I don't know, here we don't have that problem, thee bees are still here, soo i guess its not from climate changes, or something global.

I believe its pesticides or virus, how i see it, this anomaly is most occurring to the advanced societies and using more artificial seeds and modified bacteria for the land to be more suited for crops and etc.

...I guess its harder to spread across the globe, bees don't fly across the planet :D

No vote. A year ago I would have agreed, there was a steady 3 year bee decline in my region. This year, the bees are making up for their missed numbers. I see hundreds on most days, large field with flowers will do that.

It could be a natural cycle taking place over dozens of years. There were studies done on the decline of bees in 1907, 63, 74 and 98. There is no pattern that I can see but it seems to happen on a semi-regular basis throughout recent history.

• Like 1

Plenty of Bee's here also.....

• Like 1

US scientists conclude that pesticides called neonics are reason for disappearing bees. But that there are other factors such as monoculture agriculture and GMO crops with toxic insecticides in plants. Germany and France already banned pesticides which are connected with bees disappearing. Its serious problem and probably might have same impact on life on earth as climate change. In some countries such as USA to made Queens are artificially inseminated which have impact on genetics of bees.

Hmmm its a mite or something like that that is killing off the bees ..

I know the honey producers over here are a little worried about it.. since its not over here as yet thankfully..

I believe that pesticides, along with genetically modified crops, have caused this drastic loss of honey bees over the years.

How about a combination of every cause you have listed, L?

Could be. IMO.

I have to agree, iv read so much stuff on this, which all seem to make sense.

not sure if we'll ever get the root cause.

interest stuff OP.

• Like 1

No vote. A year ago I would have agreed, there was a steady 3 year bee decline in my region. This year, the bees are making up for their missed numbers. I see hundreds on most days, large field with flowers will do that.

Same here. A few years of "where the hell's the usual bees"... but now they're back.

Grr + :)

They're leaving Earth before it's made into a hyperspatial express route.

We switched from a grain based to a corn based society when it comes to cuisine. Our national dish is corn syrup. Somehow I know this is connected to the disappearing bees!

Edited by Lookitisoneofthosepeople

It's a combination of the GMO crops,and the pesticides ,of all kinds. My understanding is ,monsantos round up pesticide,as yes,they make both the pesticides AND the GMO crops,is the main culprit,and they have covered it up,and blocked it out of the media.

The one independant company that did the study,proving it was roundup killing the bees,was BOUGHT by Monsanto,and all the info was suppressed.

MonSATANo is what I call it .

GMO foods are banned from their employee cafeterias. Tell ya anything....

• Like 1

Totally liking your avatar and location but unsure how they go together Simbi.

The BBC had a great documentry on this . As far as they made out , it was lice or ticks that is killing of the bees . There was also a great clip on how africian farmers use bees to keep elephants away from there crops .

Also the docu showed how there are loads of urban bee keepers trying to help keep the bees numbers up .