Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stonehenge a monument to unity

Big Bad Voodoo

I don't know about this... seems to me if they wanted to celebrate being "unified" they would have just sat down together and had a beer or two...

I still think the most reasonable explanation is that it was for a religious or astronomical purpose (calendar, etc)... I thought that they had pretty much established a link between Stonehenge and Woodhenge... Woodhenge celebrating life and Stonehenge celebrating death...

• Like 1

Yes, unity. It is a part of a vast grid of monuments that all connect across this earth. It all symbolizes the flower of life.

Unity. Hmmm. Maybe. Or maybe it's just a big giant sun dial like others have purported it to be.

If you build it they will come.

They are just ancient dance halls,ie:- inside the ring was the stage,outside the beer tent and picnic area, where the Druids used to have a knees up every Saturday night.

• Like 1

:unsure2:

It is actually lined up with the pyramids, the mayan ruins, and alot of other structures in a very accurate fashion. The ancients knew what they were doing.

:unsure2:

It is actually lined up with the pyramids, the mayan ruins, and alot of other structures in a very accurate fashion. The ancients knew what they were doing.

Sure they phoned each other and said line the pyramids up with stonehenge etc. did you know that the pyramids are lined up with the "Orions Belt" star system EXACTLY, showing the 3 main stars and the one slightly dipped ...cheers

the anciecnts knew way more than the we the more educated of today's society give them credit for,it seems like they may have conceived, that one day people of the future (us) would have great discussions about the things that they built and or made??? Hummmm?? Ponder this momentarily and it makes sense.

the anciecnts knew way more than the we the more educated of today's society give them credit for,it seems like they may have conceived, that one day people of the future (us) would have great discussions about the things that they built and or made??? Hummmm?? Ponder this momentarily and it makes sense.

I am sorry to disagree with you,but I dont think that the ancients worried all that much about the future,they were too busy trying to survive in their present day to worry about how people in a 1000 yrs time were going to look at why these monoliths etc were erected...Are you going to be worried what people think of what we did in a 1000 yrs time ? if humans survive that long..