Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Earliest UFO sightings.

Hazzard

Yes, I too have seen strange things in the sky, but at no point did or do i conclude that they were of alien origin, they were merely unidentifiable.

You must of only seen a light or a blur of a light,some sightings are not of this earth ! What I saw I cannot conclude anything other than Alien !

We just do not build things that do what I saw Do ! I broad daylight !

Cave paintings of UFOs.

I admit that I don't know beans about the Neolithic Era, but when I see something like this I really do a double take. What is this thing supposed to be, anyway?

ufo-rock-art-from-3000bc.jpg

And this one from ancient Egypt.

ufoalienegyptpictograma.jpg

Edited by TheMacGuffin

I admit that I don't know beans about the Neolithic Era, but when I see something like this I really do a double take. What is this thing supposed to be, anyway?

And this one from ancient Egypt.

ufoalienegyptpictograma.jpg

I'd be interested in seeing the original(s?) of picture 1 to see if there might be any context, and to know where and when exactly it was drawn. Could the "UFO" actually be depicting caves? Hard to say, but it sure would be interesting to see other artwork from the same area and time frame.

As for the second, I am somewhat familiar with the picture. I don't know if this will be considered of value to you, but I'll share it anyway. Explained? As far as I'm concerned it's explained, but to each his own eh?

If you do find more regarding picture 1, please do post it.

Cheers.

I'd be interested in seeing the original(s?) of picture 1 to see if there might be any context, and to know where and when exactly it was drawn. Could the "UFO" actually be depicting caves? Hard to say, but it sure would be interesting to see other artwork from the same area and time frame.

As for the second, I am somewhat familiar with the picture. I don't know if this will be considered of value to you, but I'll share it anyway. Explained? As far as I'm concerned it's explained, but to each his own eh?

If you do find more regarding picture 1, please do post it.

Cheers.

Well, I'm 100% certain that DBunker was only posting these "ancient alien" pictures as a joke, since he always says that everything related to UFOs is pure nonsense.

I'm not foolish enough to go out on a limb and pretend that I know enough about the Stone Age and ancient history to even begin to talk about these periods intelligently. That Egyptian picture does look different when it's in sharper focus, so it is actually a vase of flowers.

This is DBunker's link to the "UFO Cave Paintings".

http://www.google.co...vLYuo8gTmrOCGAg

And if you click on that particular picture it links to this website.

http://www.12vn.net/...ufo-aliens.html

Edited by TheMacGuffin

Cheers for that McGuffin. Like you, I'm not really qualified to make an educated assessment of these images. I still find the first image to be interesting though, despite that. It looks like a picture taken from some kind of tv show? Perhaps it was on Ancient Aliens or something. Circa 6000 BC. I really do wonder what the rest of that cave wall looks like.

Cheers.

I'm still digging around, although at 34 seconds into this video there is some cave painting that really does look like a rocket, assuming that it is an authentic cave painting rather than something added in there later by a hoaxer.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by TheMacGuffin

Cheers for that McGuffin. Like you, I'm not really qualified to make an educated assessment of these images. I still find the first image to be interesting though, despite that. It looks like a picture taken from some kind of tv show? Perhaps it was on Ancient Aliens or something. Circa 6000 BC. I really do wonder what the rest of that cave wall looks like.

Cheers.

I know I've seen that first picture before somewhere, and I'd almost like to say that it was from Australia, but I can't remember. I'll keep looking for it.

I know I've seen that first picture before somewhere, and I'd almost like to say that it was from Australia, but I can't remember. I'll keep looking for it.

Thanks McGuffin, I think you might be right. It does have an Australian look to it.

Looks like a "hunt" to me, and the "UFO" is an "Eye" so that their Ancestors can watch them from the Spirit World.

Edited by lost_shaman
  • Like 2

I have tried to make it through an entire episode of the (C2C George Nory) TV show Ancient Aliens without turning channels in disgust at its outlandishness, but Ive always failed. It disappoints me to realize Im not as open-minded as I once thought I was. Ancient Aliens aside, I do wonder if there are authenticated reports of strange aerial phenomena occurring in earlier, including ancient, times in various parts of the world.

Through a Google search, I learned that in his book, Passport to Magonia, Jacques Vallee discusses such sightings. Ive never read the book, but Im curious about it,... Have any of you read it? To those who have, is much of it woo woo?

Here is a link to a two-part interview with Jacques Vallee that I found interesting:

http://www.ufoeviden...ents/doc839.htm

I dont believe ET is zipping around out there observing us, or that some form of multi-dimensional consciousness controls our thoughts. I dont with a whisk of my hand discount the possibility of either idea, but I certainly am skeptical. Is ET spying on us? Are we, as Terence McKenna once said, “part of a symbiotic relationship with something which disguises itself as an extraterrestrial invasion so as not to alarm us”?

To the UFO community I would say this - Present irrefutable evidence that your claims are true. Bring us an alien or some other physical evidence supporting your claims. Oh, and with regard to “UFOs are windows to other dimensions” hypotheses,... please stop pulling wacky-sounding notions out of your buttocks and presenting them as revelations.

Show us the evidence for them.

To the UFO community I would say this - Present irrefutable evidence that your claims are true. Bring us an alien or some other physical evidence supporting your claims. Oh, and with regard to “UFOs are windows to other dimensions” hypotheses,... please stop pulling wacky-sounding notions out of your buttocks and presenting them as revelations.

This is impossible unless they want to to know. It would be easier to ask a person to capture an eagle with their bare hand, and I assume we are more intelligent than an eagle.

Looks like a "hunt" to me, and the "UFO" is an "Eye" so that their Ancestors can watch them from the Spirit World.

Hey LS, good to see you around. :tu:

I'm no expert in pre-historic pictographs however if it's from a tribal culture that seems to be a fair guess. :tu:

Yes, I too have seen strange things in the sky, but at no point did or do i conclude that they were of alien origin, they were merely unidentifiable.

I don't think anyone can be 100% sure of UFO to be alien in origin. My brother and I witness in broad daylight two silvery, round object making zig-zag maneuver from side to side at 90 degree angle, at an incredible speed. One flying behind the other and were in perfect synchronization with every movements. Then they fly up higher and higher until out of sight. Even I can't conclude that they are of alien origin, but I can only assume. As long as no one on earth came forward and claim ownership of these things, then I can only assume they are not from here.

Sorry folks, for the redundant post above. I am new to this thing, so I am still learning to navigate. :)

Hey LS, I dont see the eye myself, especially as it seems to have 'figures' in the eye/craft. I have been looking into rock art quite a bit lately and have never seen an 'eye' depicted in this way elsewhere, and one would think it would be quite common if based on the spirit world.

I would also note a majority of 'hunt' scenes always show the 'spear' when depicting a hunt and this is not easily visible in the picture.

so I am not convinced that the answer is as you suggest.....

I found this design at an online gift store kind of place.

ufo_pictographs_photosculpture-p153003196817444226z8wb9_400.jpg

This is a line of text underneath the image.

There is substantial evidence, in ancient art, that extraterrestrials have visited our planet in prehistory. Inspired by strange pictographs and cave art seen around the world.

I believe it is from the image designer and it would indicate that this image is 'inspired' by UFO's in ancient art/pictographs. It may be an legitimate pictograph although I've yet to find the original.

http://www.zazzle.co.uk/ufo_pictographs_photosculpture-153003196817444226

(Mods, sorry for the link to a merchandise site, it was the only place I found the image so far. I'm not trying to sell or promote this or any other item from that site.)

I found this design at an online gift store kind of place.

ufo_pictographs_photosculpture-p153003196817444226z8wb9_400.jpg

This is a line of text underneath the image.

I believe it is from the image designer and it would indicate that this image is 'inspired' by UFO's in ancient art/pictographs. It may be an legitimate pictograph although I've yet to find the original.

http://www.zazzle.co...003196817444226

(Mods, sorry for the link to a merchandise site, it was the only place I found the image so far. I'm not trying to sell or promote this or any other item from that site.)

ahh so the spear is visible :)

edit to add: they must have been fighting the aliens who were abducting all the cattle in a 'beam me up scotty' kind of way

Edited by quillius

ahh so the spear is visible :)

edit to add: they must have been fighting the aliens who were abducting all the cattle in a 'beam me up scotty' kind of way

:lol:

I'd probably throw a spear or two myself if they were trying to make off with my cows! ^_^

:lol:

I'd probably throw a spear or two myself if they were trying to make off with my cows! ^_^

braver man than me S2F....I would run for the hills :)

edit to add: they should make drive throughs wider to fit a UFO, this may bring an end to cattle mutilations...they have always struggled to replicate a big mac.......dumb aliens.

Edited by quillius

braver man than me S2F....I would run for the hills :)

edit to add: they should make drive throughs wider to fit a UFO, this may bring an end to cattle mutilations...they have always struggled to replicate a big mac.......dumb aliens.

Yeah, you're right, I'd probably get 'probed' for my troubles. :lol:

• Like 1

I have tried to make it through an entire episode of the (C2C George Nory) TV show Ancient Aliens without turning channels in disgust at its outlandishness, but Ive always failed. It disappoints me to realize Im not as open-minded as I once thought I was. Ancient Aliens aside, I do wonder if there are authenticated reports of strange aerial phenomena occurring in earlier, including ancient, times in various parts of the world.

Through a Google search, I learned that in his book, Passport to Magonia, Jacques Vallee discusses such sightings. Ive never read the book, but Im curious about it,... Have any of you read it? To those who have, is much of it woo woo?

Here is a link to a two-part interview with Jacques Vallee that I found interesting:

http://www.ufoeviden...ents/doc839.htm

I dont believe ET is zipping around out there observing us, or that some form of multi-dimensional consciousness controls our thoughts. I dont with a whisk of my hand discount the possibility of either idea, but I certainly am skeptical. Is ET spying on us? Are we, as Terence McKenna once said, “part of a symbiotic relationship with something which disguises itself as an extraterrestrial invasion so as not to alarm us”?

One idea that has been punted around quite often is that UFOs are simply time travellers. If I travel outwards 100 lightyears at FTL speeds at a negative tau factor (say -1), then return to Earth at the same speed, I would arrive some 200 years in the past. If you follow this hypothesis, it also explains why we don't have anything other than fuzzy photographs... if we did get a good one, then the timeline is altered for that ship and its foolhardy crew. Poof, it disappears in a puff of logic and so does the good photograph.

There brings the amusing possibility of eradicating our timeline by someone pointing a camera at a UFO.

I'm sorry but i have to say this. To date, despite asking for somebody, anybody & i'm not just talking this forum but generally, worldwide (SETI etc.) to come up with the slightest piece of evidence to prove the existence of alien life or visitation, as of now we still have NOTHING. And yet we still get posts like the one above, spewed from a fertile imagination & produced as some sort of reasonable 'theory' whilst all the time ignoring the actual fact that science has no evidence whatsoever.

I know this is a common trait amongst 'believers' i.e. to wash over the actual facts for fear of diminishing the myth, but this blinkered approach to the evidence or rather lack thereof is akin to a religion.

I disagree with you there. Evidence is always subject to interpretation. Mars is showing greater and greater likelihood of sustaining life, as the evidence builds. Yet only one mission actually looked for life, and that was the Viking probes. The higher-ups (not necessarily the mission scientists) quickly clammed up once the news broke and came up with some "chemical reaction" explanation which has never satisfied me. We have evidence of habitability on Europa, Mars, Enceladus, possibly Ceres and the upper atmosphere of Venus. There are methane anomalies on Mars and extensive water ice deposits, the Allan Hills meteorite, complex hydrocarbs in the water-ice plumes of Enceladus. Around other stars we are finding more and more habitable rocky planets, and the logarithmic progression tells us there must enormous numbers of Earth-sized worlds.

Is this "NOTHING"?

• Like 1

Well, I only saw the man that one time and never again. I do not know where he is now or whether he is still alive, since all of this took place a long time ago, but I do not have anyone's permission to use their names. If they want to come forward of their own accord, as some have over the years, that's another matter.

PS I can say that it was not some famous celebrity scientist like Hynek or Sagan--no one like that--and in any case we all know they are both deceased. I do not even know where this man was employed, although I assume it was some government agency.

I admit I was duped for a long time about what a certain knowledgeable person knew about UFOs and conspiracies. A lot of what he said was just plain nonsense, and maybe he realises that now. Nevertheless...

I later observed a UFO which really looked like something out of Star Trek TNG. This corresponded to a "ship catalogue" I had found rummaging through his notes. I noticed that the size units of measure where in "metra"... which is Icelandic or Latvian for "metre" as far as I can tell (the other words appeared vaguely Scandinavian to my uneducated brain). Unfortunately I can't remember any more information and it must have been chucked out (!!) when he moved. McG, which country's military did you serve in?

EDIT: also Serbian and Croatian. But they're Cyrillic.

Edited by Captain Zim

Hey, Zim.

When I say "nothing" Im thinking of that irrefutable exhibit - A, that still is in the wind. Granted there seem to be endless possibilities out there, Europa and Enceladus I think are strong candidates in our neck of the woods. As for the "UFOs are us from the future",... Im not so much into that one. Sorry.

I believe, and always have, that if some of the UFOs are indeed ET in origin, they are solid crafts from another star system.

Id like to read about an examination of their spacecraft and learn the physical principles under which it operates. Id like to see their star charts and see where the aliens come from. Id like to know the astronomical, physical, chemical, and biological conditions of their home world and solar system, and how they compare with and contrast with ours.

If possible, Id like to visit their home world, and any other worlds that might be within their sphere of influence. In other words, I want the aliens visible front and center, where there can be no reasonable doubt as to their existence.

As much as can be explained away from my link to UFOs in old art I find this topic interesting,... those cave painting from DBs link was interesting, the tribal hunt with the eye/craft looks quite promising, Im also trying to find the original.

I guess thats all, for now.

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 1

Yup, that would be the compelling Exhibit A, which simply is not available. Otherwise, we wouldn't be here yacking about it. I have better "proof" but that's only my experience, which is fallible. It does confirm for me, however, that at least a few others have actually seen something.

I think one of the key problems with ET is that proving it is an enormous task, which would require a lot of disclosure and access from "them." As in Deus Ex, advanced technology can easily be mistaken for being of extraterrestrial origin. Companies such as Boeing have departments actively researching antigravity, for example. From conversation with other antigrav researchers (actual people including those from the NASA Breakthrough Propulsion initiative) that the US military took a great interest in and then shut down the work of one the predecessor groups. Those black triangles have been reported several times near USAF bases by reliable individuals.

I believe what we are seeing (besides the usual misidentified aircraft) is a mix of our own tech development (eg Aurora and its successors), natural phenomena and possibly some kind of ET craft. But that opens a whole can of worms... ET could be biological analogues of ourselves in spacecraft, biological proxies of a posthuman intelligence, or something entirely postphysical. As far as old art goes, well it's interesting but there

ET is at least a somewhat comforting answer to the Great Silence. Other possibilities involving ET... are disturbing and usually involve an early demise. The Mass Effect series, which I consider to be a consummate work of science fiction, has an extremely intelligent (and damn scary) answer for this.

I appreciate your insight, as always.

Edited by Captain Zim