Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

School Spirits

docyabut2

Anyone view the new show School Spirits on Syfy, true accounts of the paranormal? I tell you what the second show scared the heck out of me more then any of those paranormal movies.

http://www.syfy.com/...id:18499413v102

Well if anyone did see the show, who do you think the ghost was , a kid that hung himself in that closet or was it a projection of Chris`s fears?

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

Anyone view the new show School Spirits on Syfy, true accounts of the paranormal? I tell you what the second show scared the heck out of me more then any of those paranormal movies.

http://www.syfy.com/...id:18499413v102

Well if anyone did see the show, who do you think the ghost was , a kid that hung himself in that closet or was it a projection of Chris`s fears?

I swear that I have seen in the credits with the line "Based on a true story". can Any one confirm this?

Dorm Room Night Mare (a dorm in NY) was the name of the show I`m refering to and yes they say these are true events. Its on again at 5am Sun morning, but i` advise no one watch it alone in the dark:):) If anyone had Demand TV just go to TV entertaiment, and then to Syfy click on Syfy and the shows should be there and come on free to watch.

Dorm Room Night Mare (a dorm in NY) was the name of the show I`m refering to and yes they say these are true events. Its on again at 5am Sun morning, but i` advise no one watch it alone in the dark:) :) If anyone had Demand TV just go to TV entertaiment, and then to Syfy click on Syfy and the shows should be there and come on free to watch.

Yeah, Credits say based on a true story. When they say that 90% of the story is altered

I can say characters portraying the story line, however as told by the true whitness of that paranormal event.

I've seen both and like them both. The second one of the guys dorm and him literally staring one down was amazing. I know they embellish but remember his dad's part where he spent the entire night sitting with a gun and bat and then the next day says, "love ya, have a nice day". lol

I'm sure the folks at SUNY Geneseo were quite happy to learn that Dad was sitting there with a pistol all night.

Fun show, but I agree that there's probably quite a bit of embellishment going on in the retellings. The biggest red flag for me, however, was how they showed very little interest in researching the history of the dorm. If some kid hung himself in the room, it would be in at least the school paper. That would have been the first thing I would have done.

I'm willing to bet SciFi is using real stories told by real people. Heck, they even advertised on UM for people to give them stories...

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=219238&hl=school+spirits

Whoever told SciFi the story probably really believes whatever happened to them was paranormal. And after all, they got a clever legal team, and know to use the term "true story" instead of "true events".... it's enough of a jargon difference to keep them out of serious trouble.

• Like 1

I bet if they did some digging on that last episode,they would find some poor kid commited suicide in the closet.Just my feeling on it if it was all true paranormal accounts.

I'm sure the folks at SUNY Geneseo were quite happy to learn that Dad was sitting there with a pistol all night.

Fun show, but I agree that there's probably quite a bit of embellishment going on in the retellings. The biggest red flag for me, however, was how they showed very little interest in researching the history of the dorm. If some kid hung himself in the room, it would be in at least the school paper. That would have been the first thing I would have done.

I agree!!Why not do the research and add that to the show?? :unsure2:

I agree!!Why not do the research and add that to the show?? :unsure2:

Because it's Hollywood. End of story.

School Spirits...well...i just drank beer..couldnt afford spirits...argghh iam getting sooo lame...ignore me...

I didn't watch the SUNY Geneseo episode.. I'll have to wait till it reruns or something. So, I don't know what-all is in the episode yet. I did read the little catchup blurb on the SciFi website..

Sounds like they used the story of C2D1/Erie Hall ghost... Here's a nice article about that. http://thelcn.com/2011/07/05/suny-geneseo-ghost-story-coming-theater-near/

Is it an example of seriously paranormal? I don't know, I haven't researched it.

Stories told by people are just that, stories.

I really doubt there is much fact going on there. Just entertainment for the ghost crowd.

In doing a little of my own research, it seems that the Erie Hall (convenient isn't it?) haunting seems to have been limited to what we see in the show. All references I could find only point to DeCesare's and his suite mates experiences, with nothing since then. I can find references to other alleged hauntings at Geneseo, but nothing additional at Erie Hall.

Based on true stories or not, I thought the show was boring. IMO Syfy channel is really on a downward spiral, and not even worth watching anymore. They seem to want to go to an all unscripted 'reality' type format, which there are far too many of already.

I preferred it when it was sci-fi, and still had creative programming, oh well, there will always be books....

....oops, hardly any book stores anymore.... :(

• Like 1

Kids do live in really old buildings and houses around colleges. I imagine some have ghosts , or stories to tell :)

I saw them both...I too thought the first one was incredibly boring. Screaming girls doing laundry and a prince of a ghost who saves them from the evil entity. LOL How about the movie "poltergeist" reference with the maggots on the food as she ate? LOL Anyhow, I got bored with the second one as well, but now with your description I should go back and give it a chance. I for one, get a bit bored with the reenactment shows where supposedly the actual people narrate their story and a second set of actors role play it out. They tend to get a bit redundant. Not to hyjack the thread or anything, but I just watched the movie Insidious yesterday with my sons....while it was a new take on a ghost story, it definitely had some good "startle" moments with the ghosts and demon. Astro projection movies are a new twist, so it had that curve-ball going for it. It got a bit hokey near the end, but the ghosts were really creepy the way they posted their quick motions and appearances in. Good for a lights out sitting alone popcorn flick....but back on topic. I give School Spirits a C. They are going to have to go for extra credit to get me back watching. Since we are talking Scify Channel, thoughts about Ghost Collector which comes on right before School Spirits??? Saw a couple interesting things on there. Is that guys museum a real thing or just for the show?

I didn't get very far into the first episode before I lost all interest through boredom. Then again, I've never been a fan of shows such as this or A Haunting, where the entire episode is dramatization. It was very dull to me.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I was on School Spirits. The Deadly Dorm Games episode. I was one of the guys actually telling the story, not one of the reenactors. I will say this, I believe what I experienced in my dorm room was real and inexplicable. Believe me, I tried to explain it all away, but couldn't. However, just telling my experiences would be boring for anyone to hear, so SciFi, being largely an entertainment channel, needed to beef up the story a bit. So, the directors tried to coach me into saying things a certain way or phrasing things a little differently. So by the end of taping it wasn't completely my story, rather SciFis retelling of my story. There were a couple things they tried to get out of me that were just completely untrue and I wouldn't cave. There was originally a whole second story about a ghost in another building that they had footage and interviews for. Our episode was supposed to be a full hour about my college, not the half episode it ended up being. Their plan was to use me to tie the two stories together but, it was a complete fabrication and I wouldn't give them what they wanted. The director was getting kinda p***ed at me by the end of filming, but it was a long day and by that point I didn't care how mad he got. Certainly, if anyone has any questions about the show or the story, let me know I'd be happy to respond.

School spirits......you mean like the one's who steal pencils ?