Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Space portals in Earth's magnetic field

Karlis

Space portals are hidden in Earth's magnetic field

NASA-funded researcher at the University of Iowa has managed to locate a portal category which he describes as X-points or electron diffusion regions.

"They're places where the magnetic field of Earth connects to the magnetic field of the Sun, creating an uninterrupted path leading from our own planet to the sun's atmosphere 93 million miles away," explained plasma physicist Jack Scudder. 

Observations by NASA's THEMIS spacecraft and Europe's Cluster probes suggest the magnetic portals open and close dozens of times each day. Typically located a few tens of thousands of kilometers from Earth where the geomagnetic field meets the onrushing solar wind, most portals are small and short-lived, while others are yawning, vast and sustained.

Read more

How is Nasa affording this after budget cuts? 4 spacecraft?! I thought the remaining ones where all sent to meuseums or something after the funding stopped?

Very sudden isn't it?

Brilliant discovery though, very exciting stuff.

very exciting stuff.

Spot on Coffey, very exciting stuff. Fuel for the parallel dimension/stragate gang maybe but very interesting.

Ive had a thought on this for a while, it would explain things like the devils triangle and so on. Would be interesting to see what they find out and share with the public.

Lets hope that they are honest with their finds.

Ive had a thought on this for a while, it would explain things like the devils triangle and so on. Would be interesting to see what they find out and share with the public.

Lets hope that they are honest with their finds.

Have you ever seen a government (any government) with transparent agencies?

• Like 3

Have you ever seen a government (any government) with transparent agencies?

Lol, this did make me laugh.

• Like 1

So, parts of earths magnetic field connects with the suns magnetic field from time-to-time. So what!

This happens all the time with magnets here on earth, yet no so-called " portal"

That journalist should be fired.

How is Nasa affording this after budget cuts? 4 spacecraft?! I thought the remaining ones where all sent to meuseums or something after the funding stopped?

Very sudden isn't it?

Brilliant discovery though, very exciting stuff.

NASA goes on with private funding.

Why not ask John Chrighton? He had the wormhole knowledge in his head!

NASA goes on with private funding.

I get that, I just didnt think it was anough to launch 4 spacecraft. lol Not after all the drama about the cuts and them sending the remaining spacecraft to meseums etc.

Edited by Coffey

Love it.. They are discovering so much lately that corresponds with what used to be known by the ancients. Just proving things that have already been suspected.

I get that, I just didnt think it was anough to launch 4 spacecraft. lol Not after all the drama about the cuts and them sending the remaining spacecraft to meseums etc.

private funding is more effective than governmental funding. Less paperwork too :P

SpaceX for example is entirely thanks to private funding. It's the future of space exploration and travel. And everything will probaly go even faster now.

Space Exploration: 9 Private Sector Companies Ready to Take Off

Edited by Render

Love it.. They are discovering so much lately that corresponds with what used to be known by the ancients. Just proving things that have already been suspected.

Care to elaborate for those less fortunate about this kind of knowledge

It is NOT a "space portal"

It's just one very weak magnetic field linking with another.

It means absolutely nothing with regards to wormholes, time travel or anything other than very slight changes in the direction of the suns coronal discharge.

The linking is so weak that a refrigerator magnet has trillions of times more linking to the door than this ridiculously common astronomical phenomenon.

No wormhole, no time travel, no special weapons, no nothing.

Check the date on this. Is it April 1st? NTM if he's talking about the intersecting magnetic fields between the earth and the sun then wouldn't it just be a portal to the surface of the sun? Short ride. Ends badly. This article is silliness. But some of your posts above were a good chuckle. cheers :)

This is another exciting development. yesterday the Higgs Bison, today proof of portals that will, I've no doubt, permit interstellar travel just as soon as they figure out how to use them. Tomorrow, perhaps someone will unveil Antigravity Drive. These are exciting times.

private funding is more effective than governmental funding. Less paperwork too :P

SpaceX for example is entirely thanks to private funding. It's the future of space exploration and travel. And everything will probaly go even faster now.

Space Exploration: 9 Private Sector Companies Ready to Take Off

Yeah i didn't think it was that much, but more because fo the way the media made a huge deal over the cuts. like it was the end of NASA. lol

if anyone wants to volunteer to travel along this portal [very much doubt you could] then i would suggest an asbestos suit would be a good idea. gl

Yeah i didn't think it was that much, but more because fo the way the media made a huge deal over the cuts. like it was the end of NASA. lol

Yeah i remember that. Maybe it was just because of the governments' fear that it would yet again be proved that private corporations are more effective than the government :D