Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Someone is after me

Sufjan

Hello,

I am reading this sites articles for a while and I thought I could share my experience at the moment, but let me introduce myself first.

my name is Alex, I am from Germany and I receive some strange things. I found a letter in my Mailbox saying "Do you remember the loop way?". Below the sentence, there is a picture of a tree. The sheet was folded and there are two arrows drawn on each side. I made a few pictures, which I uploaded for you. It's taken with my webcam and it's written in german. I don't who sent me this letter and I don't know what the person meant by "loop" way. As far as I know, I don't have any enemies, because I am living in a nutshell for a few months.

I received the letter on the first of july, since then, there have been a few phone calls in the middle of the night. I said "Hi?" and then the person hung up. Today I called the police, but the officers said, that there is no evidence for someone threating me and that it has to be prank by some kids or something.

Usually that might be likely, but calling me in the middle of a night is just awful for me, because I suffer from Insomnia and I haven't slept well since Sunday.

I am a little bit anxious, because I don't habe anybody to be around. Well, I know you can't really help me, but I just want to talk to some one who is not a family member. The pictures can be found below.

thanks for reading

alex

post-130927-0-49390600-1341425400_thumb.

post-130927-0-01647800-1341425411_thumb.

post-130927-0-84551300-1341425420_thumb.

woah, i used lettering like that when i was pretending to be a serial killer at a party. be worried... okay, don't be worried. it might of been a prank, some stupid people do stuff like this for dares. i don't know :P

• Like 1

Could be telling you a location where to go?

Hey,

it seems like the picture is cut out of a newpaper. A few miles ago, there is a tree like this. After seeing that picture, it did remind me of that one. I don't know if it's a good idea to go there alone, since it's a remote place. It's paranoid to think, that some one wants to kill me, but there have been cases like this and I've seen all the movies about stupid decisions. Maybe I'll call my sister and we go for a walk in the woods.

alex

Edited by Alex Smith

My advice: Call the authorities.

If you are worried and scared then do something about it.

My advice: Call the authorities.

If you are worried and scared then do something about it.

Today I called the police, but the officers said, that there is no evidence for someone threating me and that it has to be prank by some kids or something.

I'm quiet sure, that this has to be a prank. I used to know very weird people, but after all, I never did them any harm at all.

Edited by Alex Smith

Maybe they want you?

Maybe they want you?

Wouldn't it be easier to hit me in the head instead of this?

I don't know if the phone calls are going to continue, but when they do, maybe I'll get to know what's going on.

Uh...honey? If you are worried, why would you take your sister for a walk there with you? Why not your biggest, strongest, meanest friend? I know all the blather about men and women being equal, but the reality is that women aren't usually as physically strong as men (unless your sister is a professional body builder or knows karate or something). Besides, my brothers always wanted to protect me, not expose me to danger.

Just sayin'

• Like 2

Uh...honey? If you are worried, why would you take your sister for a walk there with you? Why not your biggest, strongest, meanest friend? I know all the blather about men and women being equal, but the reality is that women aren't usually as physically strong as men (unless your sister is a professional body builder or knows karate or something). Besides, my brothers always wanted to protect me, not expose me to danger.

Just sayin'

That's because I don't have friends anymore. They avoid me. I don't expect something to happen at all, but just to be sure, you know. I don't believe, that there's a plot to kill me, it's just a bit odd.

be worried when you see the men in black suits turn up!

but really, could be a prank, save up the evidence and then go to the police?

on another note, what causes your insomnia?

You should try to get too know your neighbors a little better. Maybe they have also gotten strange messages in the mail or know something about it. If you just moved in, I'll bet its the landlord. (Since the person has your number and know your address.)

be worried when you see the men in black suits turn up!

but really, could be a prank, save up the evidence and then go to the police?

on another note, what causes your insomnia?

Yes, that's what I'm going to do. There's nothing I can do more about that after all. But it's nice to talk about it.

My insomnia is caused because I worry too much. I think of all of the things, that are gone.

You should try to get too know your neighbors a little better. Maybe they have also gotten strange messages in the mail or know something about it. If you just moved in, I'll bet its the landlord. (Since the person has your number and know your address.)

When I go out tomorrow and I run into a neighbour, I will subtle ask them out. Thanks for that advice. I didn't think about it.

if you do go to the woods, cant you take protection, like a bat or something,

i mean if your worried, it would pay to look after number one if you know what i mean....

do you take anything for your sleeping, or thaught of going to see somebody about it?

stay safe...

if you do go to the woods, cant you take protection, like a bat or something,

i mean if your worried, it would pay to look after number one if you know what i mean....

do you take anything for your sleeping, or thaught of going to see somebody about it?

stay safe...

yes, I take medication to get sleep. but in the last days, it didn't help.

Never mind, I will go to that location tomorrow, but it feels quiet weird.

The funny thing is, that this tree is located between two country roads, but when it's used it's more of a shortcut, than a loop way. Maybe the sentence and the picture are unrelated, but what do I know? it's just a sheet of paper with a cryptic message and silly phone calls.

You might want to try giving the phone company a call and see if they can tell you what numbers have been calling you. They might not be able to help you, but it can't hurt to ask.

• Like 1

yes, I take medication to get sleep. but in the last days, it didn't help.

Never mind, I will go to that location tomorrow, but it feels quiet weird.

The funny thing is, that this tree is located between two country roads, but when it's used it's more of a shortcut, than a loop way. Maybe the sentence and the picture are unrelated, but what do I know? it's just a sheet of paper with a cryptic message and silly phone calls.

when you do go take some photo's and alike...

may get something turn up on the pics!

have you looked on google maps to see if there are any old paths that may make a loop on/around the area where the tree is?

stay safe...

If the phone calls continue, I will do so. It's silly, because it's not like I go like "Whaaat the **** is wrong?". I just say "hi" and "who's there?". Nothing happens.

@Super-Fly

I checked out google maps and it turned out, that it's not that remote as I thought, but then again I don't remember any relation to that location.

perhaps some one likes that tree and wants me to hug it or something.

Edited by Alex Smith

@Super-Fly

perhaps some one likes that tree and wants me to hug it or something.

HA, could be! there are some strange people out there! :tu:

HA, could be! there are some strange people out there! :tu:

I know. :D

I have to be careful, but like I said, just a stupid prank I guess.

Secret Crush.......do you have a girlfriend? You were saying you stay at home like a recluse but if you go out maybe theres a girl watching you??? Just a suggestion...

• Like 1

If you are really worried about this and don't think it is a prank, I would suggest keeping a log of all the phone calls (and anything that arrives in your letterbox) so you can use it to demonstrate there is a problem when you speak to the police; in addition, I would definitely inform the telephone company and have a quick word with your neighbours as others have suggested.

If I were you, I certainly wouldn't go to a remote location either alone or with your sister, better to be safe.

Secret Crush.......do you have a girlfriend? You were saying you stay at home like a recluse but if you go out maybe theres a girl watching you??? Just a suggestion...

I don't think so. Well, I wouln't call it impossible, but that's a strange way of showing somebody sympathy.

If you are really worried about this and don't think it is a prank, I would suggest keeping a log of all the phone calls (and anything that arrives in your letterbox) so you can use it to demonstrate there is a problem when you speak to the police; in addition, I would definitely inform the telephone company and have a quick word with your neighbours as others have suggested.

If I were you, I certainly wouldn't go to a remote location either alone or with your sister, better to be safe.

I only received this letter and it wasn't even in an envelope. I'll call my telephone company tomorrow (it's 22.35 here).

The silliest thing is, that I don't even know, if I should be scared or laughing my backbone off.

EDIT:

- seems like I answered some of the question twice. Sorry.

Edited by Alex Smith

So, I didn't sleep last night. There wasn't any call at all, but it didn't feel good. I have to get a few things straight and then I will look around the location in case the rain stops.

So, I didn't sleep last night. There wasn't any call at all, but it didn't feel good. I have to get a few things straight and then I will look around the location in case the rain stops.

The police have a duty to look into what may be happening so just keep on at them...and i wouldn't be going to the location.If it is a prank,you will just be showing whoever is doing it that you are freaked out by it all....just keep on at the police

• Like 1