Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Red rain falls over India

Residents were left perplexed when red coloured rain started falling from the sky in rural Kannur.

Though not for first time in the state, red rain in parts of Kannur on Thursday did create some panic and curiosity among the residents in the district.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Eugh that's disgusting, worse knowing it's most likely polution.

IT MUST BE A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!!!!!!!! *screams*

LOL

They seem to have a short memory:

It was initially thought that the rains were colored by fallout from a hypothetical meteor burst, but a study commissioned by the Government of India concluded that the rains had been colored by airborne spores from locally prolific terrestrial algae.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_rain_in_Kerala

• Like 1

This sounds like it happened before. Its dust or pollution or something.

Residents were left perplexed when red coloured rain started falling from the sky in rural Kannur.

I definitely recall this happening before. It is a bit worrying if it keeps happening in the same place, but at the same time that should make it easier to pin point the exact cause.

Was the 'artist formerly known as' in the area at the time...

I definitely recall this happening before. It is a bit worrying if it keeps happening in the same place, but at the same time that should make it easier to pin point the exact cause.

Was the 'artist formerly known as' in the area at the time...

It certain did happen before, and they analysed the stuff. It were algea spores.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_rain_in_Kerala

In biblical days it would have been considered wrath of God !

I do believe it was algae before.

It certain did happen before, and they analysed the stuff. It were algea spores.

http://en.wikipedia...._rain_in_Kerala

Oh look more bad media coverage. Seriously you would expect the media to actually do some research. FFS lol

Thanks for posting this.

Says they have had Yellow, green, and black as well. Would be weird, but somehting worth seeing. lol

it looks kinda tasty in the bukcet... Like Coffee or chocolate.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 1

Says they have had Yellow, green, and black as well.

I thought you might go into Snooker Loopy for a moment there... it's been a long day!

• Like 2

I thought you might go into Snooker Loopy for a moment there... it's been a long day!

Hahaha, what a song though. lol

• Like 1

Meh red rain, raining Frogs, Fish, fruit, etc, nothing out of the ordinary no need for panic the gods have not brought about their warth upon the earth. YET!

we never had red rain or any kind of peculiar rain in san francisco. so boring here. to show u how unexciting sf is ill tell u tat we get excited when it HAILS. boring right?

This red rain may be caused by the sands from sahara desert in africa being blown their way, then raining rain.

The red rain is known to go to italy, spain and england as well.

I recall my cousin long ago on vacation, fliped after 1 such rain fall.

Also, I recall news before mentioning other problems, I believe it was cuba, but not sure, it was some island not to far from america.

anyhow they believed some of their health problems regarding lungs may of been caused by people breatheing in this sand-dust,

More proof that god is a woman.

Aw yes. I went there. ew.

• Like 1

We are getting every kind of rain imaginable over Britain at the moment...im expecting frogs and fishes soon...bloody marvelous.. <_<

Edited by BrianPotter
  • Like 1

We are getting every kind of rain imaginable over Britain at the moment...im expecting frogs and fishes soon...bloody marvelous.. <_<

Haha, we have had frogs before, not seen it myself though.

More proof that god is a woman.

Aw yes. I went there. ew.

Hahaha, feels like it's been that time of the month for a while....

• Like 1

http://en.wikipedia...._rain_in_Kerala

This is interesting:

"The red cells found in the red rain in Kerala, India are now considered as a possible case of extraterrestrial life form. These cells can undergo rapid replication even at an extreme high temperature of 300 °C. They can also be cultured in diverse unconventional chemical substrates. The molecular composition of these cells is yet to be identified"

.From your link-

Oh no its the first of the seven signs armageddon is upon us.