Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hello forum please view my evps?

hellomikie92

Here let me give you the link to my youtube account, please review, them comment them if needed. Let me know what I should do to improve, or let me know what y'all like, and let me know if I should keep posting, evps.

http://www.youtube.com/user/hellomikie92?feature=mhee

I am sorry if I made a mistake, by posting this topic, if so please don't ban me, as it wil lnot happen again, if it was wrong of me to do this. I am new to the fourm, so please bear with me. Thank you!

This being a discussion forum, how about you explain what it is you are doing, and why. In other words, what is your methodology, and how you have applied controls and checks to whatever it is that you are doing/claiming..? If that sounds good, *then* I might go and look.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a lone ghost hunter. I go into cemetaries by myself, during the day and at night, trying to catch class A evps, I also go into haunted buildings, by myself, during the dayttime, and at night too.

Edited by hellomikie92

I'm a lone ghost hunter. I go into cemetaries by myself, during the day and at night, trying to catch class A evps, I also go into haunted buildings, by myself, during the dayttime, and at night too.

Where are you from? Also why would you go into these places yourself?

Reasons you shouldn't go investigating yourself

1. You have no witnesses

2. You're entering dark creepy places at night alone most sceptics would be creeped out thus your judgement is clouded.

Next time go in with a few people and video it.

Here let me give you the link to my youtube account, please review, them comment them if needed. Let me know what I should do to improve, or let me know what y'all like, and let me know if I should keep posting, evps.

http://www.youtube.c...92?feature=mhee

I am sorry if I made a mistake, by posting this topic, if so please don't ban me, as it wil lnot happen again, if it was wrong of me to do this. I am new to the fourm, so please bear with me. Thank you!

Also you're comment should be spam because you're directing people to your channel on a website where loads of people believe in the paranormal thus loads of views.

• Like 1

Also you're comment should be spam because you're directing people to your channel on a website where loads of people believe in the paranormal thus loads of views.

Hey, how else do people get to view evps?

Plus youtube shouldn't be a spam. But if you wanna report it, so be it. There are other forums out there, that allows somebody to post a site, where their evps are on.

Edited by hellomikie92

Where are you from? Also why would you go into these places yourself?

Reasons you shouldn't go investigating yourself

1. You have no witnesses

2. You're entering dark creepy places at night alone most sceptics would be creeped out thus your judgement is clouded.

Next time go in with a few people and video it.

Hey most ghosts don't harm anybody. I have never received a scratch, seen a ghost, or anything. I only hear them, through my voice recorder, and sometimes my own ear. I'm from USA why?

Plus youtube shouldn't be a spam. But if you wanna report it, so be it. There are other forums out there, that allows somebody to post a site, where their evps are on.

I won't and haven't ever used the report button but why would you not just post the link to the evp video rather than your entire channel ?

Hey most ghosts don't harm anybody. I have never received a scratch, seen a ghost, or anything. I only hear them, through my voice recorder, and sometimes my own ear. I'm from USA why?

Can you post any visual proof you've seen ghost at all without that it doesn't really help your claim( not saying i believe you or not). Could you tell me where these haunted locations in the US are exactly? Thanks

Try soundcloud. Upload your EVPS and post a link...NO NEED to view anything, its audio. Here's the problem....

...if you are serious about doing more of these (and it seems like you are serious, and I commend you for getting out and doing, because we all know that sometimes we don't have the time to join groups and such) you should seriously consider a quality voice recorder. I know we are not all made of money but if you are taking the time to do this, taking time to do videos, etc you should invest at least a couple hundred in a quality recorder for the following reasons:

• the RCA recorders in general are very low quality in both its recording formats and its microphones - the one you are using is quite possibly the cheapest piece of junk going. It doesn't even get 1 star on any reviews except the people selling it on ebay. No stereo mics, super low recording format, is known for recording all kinds of noise even when in a silent environment. poor frequency range...and on and on. seriously, that recorder gets some awful reviews for good reason.

• low quality or inexpensive recorders are easily contaminated by random RF frequencies because they have little to no shielding

• inexpensive recorders don't usually record in the highest format. If your recorder isn't using 24bit 96k wav (linear PCM) then its all pointless. If you do a little checking around there are countless studies with scientific equipment that show the degradation of sound as soon as you drop to 48k, 44.1K and then severely when going below that with 16-bit or less. Don't even consider recording in anything below 16bit 44.1k. MP3 format is useless. Why do people claim to have EVPs in lower settings?? Because those lower setting record tons of false positives. And that recorder you have is awful!!

Another thing your recorder should do is record in the largest frequency range of hearing which is roughly 20Hz - 20Khz. Under 20Hz is supposed to be out of human hearing range and even if you could record at 15 Hz (like the RT-EVP recorder boasts) it wouldn't make sense without some type of frequency conversion. If you recorded an inaudible frequency, why would anyone think its playback could be heard??? (without some software/hardware conversion)

also, you are recording in highly contaminated environments. Cemeteries or anything outdoors is going to pick up things you wouldn't be listening for. You need to at least get a wind deflector. I also hear tons of movement while you record. shuffling of the device and such. you have to remain perfectly still with no movement on the recorder. A sleeve on your jacket or your cuff moving up can actually sound like a whisper. Just giving some advice and I'm sure others will chime in.

Again, the device is everything if you are serious about trying. Your RCA recorder is among the worst of the worst across reviews, users, dealers and the net. They can be bought for under $30 bucks and there is a real reason for that. Even if you spent $75 on a Tascam DR05, you would be blown away at the difference. You can capture a mouse peeing on a cottonball in the next room with a quality recorder for under $100 and it won't have all those clicks, pops, muffles and shuffle sounds at all. Crystal clear stereo recording at twice the quality of CD recordings. Serious equipment if you want even the remote chance of serious EVP. good luck.

Edited by Sheetz